• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. If somebody reposts all of the information that is necessary to calculate the feat, I can ask a few calc group members to handle it.

Suddenly remembered this thread today.

As I said, the argument for Ricsi's calc was that the energy output that destroyed the Sokovia landmass radiated evenly from all parts of the spine, hence Thor being right at the epicentre would tank 100% of the energy proportionate to his surface area.

I've thought about Iron Man, the problem is say Iron Man was literally lying on the spine (pretty close to it), he would tank the same amount of energy as Thor did under that assumption.

I would have to question the validity of that assumption though, the energy at the top seems to be depicted to be greater than at the bottom, supported by the fact that Thor got completely knocked out while Iron Man's suit didn't even get damaged at all.

Also I think the total yield would actually be slightly higher under the assumption that the energy is spread evenly since Sokovia isn't a cylinder.

As I said, the argument for Ricsi's calc was that the energy output that destroyed the Sokovia landmass radiated evenly from all parts of the spine, hence Thor being right at the epicentre would tank 100% of the energy proportionate to his surface area.
I mean, wouldn't he scale by default since Sokovia being busted is his own power? The vibranium would just smack him away by repelling his own attack back at him at full force like how Cap's shield did it in The Avengers, which is what happened for the most part.

I've thought about Iron Man, the problem is say Iron Man was literally lying on the spine (pretty close to it), he would tank the same amount of energy as Thor did under that assumption.

I would have to question the validity of that assumption though, the energy at the top seems to be depicted to be greater than at the bottom, supported by the fact that Thor got completely knocked out while Iron Man's suit didn't even get damaged at all.
This, the energy at the top is significantly greater than at the bottom, since the explosion starts right when Thor smacks the spire at the top.

Honestly if it were me I'd just smack out the 8-B calc out of existence and restore Thor back to his 7-A glory.

Last edited:

Also I think the total yield would actually be slightly higher under the assumption that the energy is spread evenly since Sokovia isn't a cylinder.

@GyroNutz @Starter_Pack @Sir_Ovens @The_Impress @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov

What do you think about this?

Well if anything a simple Inverse Square Law would be a low-ball since the spine is implied to transfer energy more effectively, so might as well as say Iron Man's 8-A since you got 8-B+ on that. Idk if it'll be an outlier though.

I think we should yeet the High 7-C calc too
8-A Iron Man is being pushed for anyway, so a recalc for the feat should (hopefully) solidify his tier even more.

I agree with this.
Well if anything a simple Inverse Square Law would be a low-ball since the spine is implied to transfer energy more effectively, so might as well as say Iron Man's 8-A since you got 8-B+ on that. Idk if it'll be an outlier though.

I think we should yeet the High 7-C calc too
I also have no issue with this suggestion.

I guess we could factor in Iron Man's armor weight into that? It's already inaccurate with just using Tony's weight. We sure someone hasn't calcualted the armor's exterior surface area somewhere, with all the paneling stuff?

I guess we could factor in Iron Man's armor weight into that? It's already inaccurate with just using Tony's weight. We sure someone hasn't calcualted the armor's exterior surface area somewhere, with all the paneling stuff?

At least as of when Iron Man 2 was released, designer Shane Mahan stated this about the Iron Man suits: "The suit has to feel like it’s being made out of metal. The height of the suit is 6 foot, 5 (inches), and 600 to 800 pounds has always been the number that we kicked around with the design team."

At least as of when Iron Man 2 was released, designer Shane Mahan stated this about the Iron Man suits: "The suit has to feel like it’s being made out of metal. The height of the suit is 6 foot, 5 (inches), and 600 to 800 pounds has always been the number that we kicked around with the design team."
I was more so talking about using a 3-D model of the armor itself and using some wacky software to calculate surface area, like with a recent Godzilla calc.

So what are the conclusions here so far?
We're considering getting rid of High 7-C altogether due to the fact that the energy required to destroy Sokovia is wholly Thor's own physical might and that Iron Man doing the "atomic action doubling" physics bullshit was just to reduce collateral damage and not reduce the energy yield in any significant way, and Thor was the closest to the explosion, as in, bear-hugging close, and would take the full yield anyway, and even without that the vibranium spire would repel his attack right back at him at full power. Meaning, Thor would be back to 7-A. Plus, proves that Thor is strong enough to knock himself out.

And we're discussing potentially scaling Iron Man to the 8-B+ calc that I made, I guess. He'd scale massively above it since he like, received little to no damage at all from it, so "At least 8-B". Though I'm still personally iffy with Iron Man's side given the whole "vibranium repels the attack back to you at full force" argument.

Last edited:
Okay. The Thor scaling is probably fine then.

I have no opinion about Iron Man without further information.

DAMN YOU KRUKOV THAT WAS MY ONLY OPTION OF KEEPING 8-C CAP ALIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:]

And we're discussing potentially scaling Iron Man to the 8-B+ calc that I made, I guess. He'd scale massively above it since he like, received little to no damage at all from it, so "At least 8-B". Though I'm still personally iffy with Iron Man's side given the whole "vibranium repels the attack back to you at full force" argument.
What 8-B+ calc owo

BTW, assuming we went with RKE for Iron Man using the aluminium wieght (Which IMHO makes no sense at all for something as advanced as the Helicarrier) and without assuming any of that he-took-1-minute-to-reach-top-speed BS (Since after the minute had past he was still able to maintain that top speed long enough for the helicarrier's wings to be able to rotate on their own since Iron Man was still waiting for Cap to pull the lever) how much KE we looking at?

Does anyone know the value of the wing's volumes?

Last edited:
I don't remember what the feats were honestly, I've just been told that there are some 8-C calcs to scale him to outside of the Agents of Shield one
Pretty sure the AoS High 8-C calcs are bunk.

And the tank-stopping feat might as well be some sort of 9-A feat.

So is somebody who knows how to edit properly willing to apply what has been agreed here?

For now, I think putting Thor back to 7-A and axing that High 7-C in the blog would do nicely. And prolly putting Iron Man to 8-B+.
Bruh I was boutta make the CRT for turning Thor and the others to 7-A and iron Man to 8-A >:[

Plus I do wanna discuss the scaling chain for 7-A in that CRT. It'd be more convenient if things were discussed there

For now, I think putting Thor back to 7-A and axing that High 7-C in the blog would do nicely. And prolly putting Iron Man to 8-B+.
Okay. That is probably fine, but we need to update all of the other characters that scale from this as well.

Also, can somebody please list ALL of the EXACTLY WORDED titles for the pages that you need unlocked_

Okay. That is probably fine, but we need to update all of the other characters that scale from this as well.

Also, can somebody please list ALL of the EXACTLY WORDED titles for the pages that you need unlocked_
Like Emirp said, it would be better handled in a new CRT. He plans to bring in some new notes to scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back