• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning Pokemon Scaling

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The energy ABSORBED is sunlight. The blast of energy is never stated to be a blast of sunlight, but a blast of energy gathered from absorbing sunlight. This does not make it light speed. But I will drop this.
Issue is, its the sunlight itself that is being absorbed as again, light is a form of energy.

Why would the beam, after sunlight is gathered, be made to not be made up of said sunlight?

WeeklyBattles said:
Flash Cannon is the same functionality-wise as Doom Desire

Light of Ruin is light

Origin Pulse is light

Power Gem is light

Flash is light

Signal Beam is light

Techno Blast is light
Half of those are legendary.

And I agree with Dragon regarding Solarbeam.

Light of Ruin is from a pokémon that uses the power collected from Xerneas/Yveltal to be alive. I don't think that is particularly normal. Excluding the fact that said pokémon doesn't interact with anything 'cept it's trainer at the end of X/Y. Nothing scales to it.

You mean the super powered Immortal Flowette? Le's not forget no Pokemon even in game has ever reacted to this.

Isnt there literally no difference in capability between AZ's Floette and regular ones?

The only unique thing this one has is Immortality from AZ's ultimate weapon. I don't recall it ever being stated to be stronger than average Floette.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Isnt there literally no difference in capability between AZ's Floette and regular ones?
The only unique thing this one has is Immortality from AZ's ultimate weapon. I don't recall it ever being stated to be stronger than average Floette.
Except that it's clear by the very series seeing as a normal Floette cannot use it. Meaning that this power is something granted by the Ultimate Weapon.

@Kukui

We don't know. Eternal Flower Floette does absolutely nothing. Heck, ig I even read bulbapedia right, it hasn't even been distributed. So nothing scales to it.

Yeah, which is odd. i guess they forgot about the little flower fairy with a 140 base power move...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except that it's clear by the very series seeing as a normal Floette cannot use it. Meaning that this power is something granted by the Ultimate Weapon.
Same as Mega Evolution for all Pokemon sans Rayquaza, being granted by Xerneas and Yveltals power.

That could be enough to let Megas and up scale from Floette's move if not other pokemon.

Daily reminder that being stated to be a beam of light is nowhere near enough proof to be accepted as lightspeed, as per the hundreds of attempts to do so preceding this discussion.

And again, I agree with Dragon that we should put combat/reaction speeds and with the Rhydon thing. Because that's what this thread is about.

What about the Sub-Relativistic stuff?, how does throwing weapons in Mistery Dungeon scales to to Sub-Rela and to all the other stats?, the Pokémon can only throw, react and the dodge the items.

Pretty sure that'd just be short burst combat speed, it's not like he achieved the feat by circling several times around the globe, similar to ho early DB characters definitely take hours to fly from one side of the planet to the other but still can dodge and outpace relativistic beams for a short while.

@Dark. Frankly, that doesn't even need to be there. Being able to throw at Sub-Rel speeds is enough to justify your speed rating.

AguilaR101 said:
Pretty sure that'd just be short burst combat speed, it's not like he achieved the feat by circling several times around the globe, similar to ho early DB characters definitely take hours to fly from one side of the planet to the other but still can dodge and outpace relativistic beams for a short while.
Well remember, Poliwrath was only fast enough to intercept it from his trainer, not dodge it.

He still got hit by the attack.

Throwing is strength related and not speed related, so that's blatantly false. Anyone with good lifting strength can throw according to our system.

Kepekley23 said:
Throwing is strength related and not speed related, so that's blatantly false. Anyone with good lifting strength can throw according to our system.
Im almost certain this was brought up before and agreed with to not be the case.

Kepekley23 said:
There. Are. Dozens. Of non-Pokémon profiles with that speed reasoning, if not more. I highly doubt you in this case.

Granted, I don't know them off the top of my head...

Solar Beam's only evidence for being lightspeed is it being fueled by sunlight (nevermind energy conversion being a thing). Why don't y'all ever talk about it creating shockwaves after being released, being able to explode into colored fireworks, being able to bend, and etc.?

Kep is right. Throwing something has nothing to do with speed. It's similar to if I kicked a ball and it reached subsonic speeds. That's because of the strength of the kick and that doesn't make me subsonic in travel speed.

Kepekley23 said:
Solar Beam's only evidence for being lightspeed is it being fueled by sunlight (nevermind energy conversion being a thing). Why don't y'all ever talk about it creating shockwaves after being released, being able to explode into colored fireworks, being able to bend, and etc.?
When did the bolded part happen?

Yes, because coming from a sun in 3-D games (don't give me that bs about move animations being not accepted, as Mugen Souls and Hyperdimension Neptunia's respective upgrades show you're wrong in that matter) and scientific computers saying it's formed of light isn't evidence enough.

Pokémon move animations are not accepted here and never have been. Unless you're going to argue High 5-A everyone via Moonlight turning day into night in its animation. Stop with the string of false equivalences.

Solar Beam does not act like real light and there's zero evidence it is even literal sunlight as opposed to sunlight being its energy fuel. It can explode into literal colored fireworks, can bend, creates shockwaves when it is fired, and etc. It has several indications of not being legit. Trying to use one ambiguous description is flat out no.

Back