• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning Pokemon Scaling

I agree the scaling is a bit over the top. Island level and Relativistic for all fully evolved is ridiculous and relies on game mechanics. Which by that logic should mean your fully evolved Pokemon is Arceus level.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
To be fair the Rotom dex is supposed to be a rare thing and is only found in the Alola Region.
So while not "only one can use it", it is true only one place on the planet can have it. But thats my take.
Even if it's only one region there would still need to be more than one Rotom for them to use. I'm not saying Rotom isn't rare, just not one of a kind.

Come to think of it, they be caught in the wild in Ultra and XY.

Btw, by staying, I mean in both, AP and speed. If one or the other is gonna be changed, they're not on this list.

Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, Magnezone, Dugtrio, Marowak, Gengar, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Pinsir, Gyarados, Porygon Z, Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Crobat, Togekiss, Ampharos, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross, Kingdra, Hitmontop, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Slaking, Aggron, Wailord, Flygon, Altaria, Milotic, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Luxray, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Vespiquen, Garchomp, Lucario, Spiritomb, Abomasnow, Weavile, Gliscor, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Electivire, Mamoswine, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Gigalith, Conkeldurr, Krookodile, Zoroark, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Chsenaught, Delphox, Greninja, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Goodra, Tyrantrum, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Vikavolt, Wishiwashi, Salazzle, Dhelmise, Kommo-o.

I'm not really sure if all fossils should scale to Aerodactyl, I remember the anime depicting it as a sort of super predator that other fully evolved fossils where afraid of.

Aside from the likes of Tyrantrum and I think Rampardos, Aerodactyl is like the Apex Fossil.

@SKN.

"About Absol didn't we used to treat all mons who could mega evolve as stage 3s by default? Are we not still doing that?"

We're not still doing that, no.

Also, a quick question regarding Gardevoir and her black hole ability...

Don't we treat black holes here as more haxy that power based? I don't know much on black holes so thats Y im asking.

So do the lesser fossils just become High 6-C by virtue of being able to learn earthquake? If so than Whishcash, Torkoal, and Quagsire gets to be tier 6 as well.

Edit: No to mention Diggersby which is basically just Kalos's Raticate clone.

Don't get me wrong Cal, im not trying to advocate for a tier 4 Gardevoir at all. But going along with my pokedex question, I have to ask.

Why do we treat Pokedex feats, even like Gardevoir's black hole, as outliers specifically? IK the scale of power is obviously much higher than the regularly given paygrade, but the small problem I have is Pokedex feats are supposed to be consistent. Outliers are, well, the opposite of that.

So im torn 50/50 on this after putting more thought into it.

Because something that's supposed to be consistent can still be inconsistent. I'm supposed to do my homework, but I don't always.

Wokistan said:
Because something that's supposed to be consistent can still be inconsistent. I'm supposed to do my homework, but I don't always.
False equivalance for obvious reasons.

Unlike small things like homework, Pokedex feats are repeatedly mentioned and referenced throughout all the generations and the franchise. That means its being extremely acknowledged.

Now if its lets say, hyperbole, thats easy to deal with it because its just poetic. So we dont need to take it seriously, no matter how many times its brought up, because its not literal. But if its referred to as legit, and is constantly mentioned all the time, how is that inconsistent?

Again, do not confuse this with me wanting a tier 4 Gardevoir. The only thing im doing is questioning the reasoning.

I actually didn't do my homework rip

I mean, not really. Something being acknowledged and referenced doesn't preclude it from being dlawed. They can be inconsistent just like anything else, and they could also just be straight up wrong.

If the pokemon's background has nothing to support it, or again its hyperbole, i'd agree with that.

But for Gardevoirs case, there is evidence somewhere of it actually using Black-Hole type moves (Pokken IIRC). That means its statement of making black holes has truth to it and is being consistently acknolwedged in the franchise. And then it comes down to what pokedex entries are accepted and what aren't.

Basically, my point is if a pokedex entry that has proof of being legit, and is consistently acknowledged, then we should find a different reasoning for it being an outlier. Otherwise it just looks like we're discarding pokemon feats "because we say so".

I mean that one in particular is an outlier for regular reasons, or it's not considered to be a true black hole. Bam problem solved

I just remember the Dwarf Star level seismic toss.

Clementine troll

High 5-A Mid stages, High 4-C Stage 3s, 4-B Legendaries, it all fits together ovo

What if Gardevoir can make black holes and it is consistent? The black holes are just so small they are nigh-instantly destroyed by Hawking Radiation.

In all seriousness, the "it not being a real black-hole" reasoning is something I would live with as an actual outlier reasoning.

Im glad this was/is being addressed too. Im not requesting any absurd upgrades, I just wanted to express a small issue with reasoning.

Thats it.

I'm messing around. I mean that the mass possible to be created by Gardevoir's consistent tier would be extremely low for a black hole. Because of such low mass the black hole would destroy itself before anyone could perceive it existed in the first place.

Right. My bad.

Anyways I gave my 2 cents about the topic. I agree with finding a new way to scale non-legendaries before having any pages removed. Thats where I stand.

If Tier 6 comes from earthquake then here is a list of mons we probably never would of thought of for tier 6 but should be by sheer virtue of being able to learn earthquake.

Quagsire, Torkoal, Diggersby, Sudowoodo, Girafarig, Dunsparse, Shuckle, Corsola, Stantler, MyEX(Swalot), The evolved form of either Arbok or Suicune(Seviper), Wormadam, Stunfisk, The President of Alola(Gumshoos) and Komala.

Bold=learn via level up/breeding

We need to be careful with scaling to Pokemon moves as even First stage Pokemon can learn moves like Earthquake, Magnitude and Fling (Which I don't trust at all).

Frankly, the Fling logic never should've even needed to be there. We've always been completely willing to scale speed to throwing speed.

Even then I was never sold on it to begin with. But I digress.

I am waiting for Kepe's comment that he promised us yesterday. ovo

Back