• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning Crossover Profiles Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saikou seems reasonable here; also, I need to note that Composite profiles that mix canon and non-canon together is ill advised. Godzilla has multiple canons that are equally owned by Toho, but unsure about including Marvel comics in the Godzilla profile. The Non-Canon Majora's Mask manga version of Link is Low 2-C, but Composite Link only includes canon versions; so Composite Link is good where it's at.

Could you be more specific? It includes stuff from all three timelines that are canon. Triforce Heroes and Four Swords are canon as well? It doesn't have Manga or Game & Watch. Actually not sure if it contains Warriors, but it shouldn't via being Non-Canon.

Composite Godzilla cannot not include non-canon stuff, since all of his versions are from entirely different canons.

Meanwhile Link's versions are just from different universes/time periods.

>People who never played a Shin Megami Tensei game wanting to delete SMT Dante

Seriously, people, do some research. Dante is a part of the Main Storyline of Nocturne, appears in unskipable cutscenes that every player will see, is an unavoidable early game boss fight, and if you want to reach the True Demon Ending you have to fight him a second time. And he's actually directly tied to the plot.

Well, that depends. Obviously Composite Godzilla can't include some fanfiction story that puts him at 1-A or above. I think Marvel did purchase some rights from Toho to make a Avengers Vs Godzilla comic.

But yeah, Composite Link contains all Links from different timelines/time periods withing the primary canon. Non-Canon spinoffs are a big no.

Also agree with Matt about SMT Dante.

So easter eggs don't count? Kano (Arkham Series), for example, you need to complete a specific scenario before facing him.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Matt The same goes for RWBY in BBxTag yet people dont think they should be allowed
I don't think so either because that's a crossover fighting game that's non-canon to all parts.

"part of the Main Storyline"

check

"appears in unskipable cutscenes that every player will see"

yep

"is an unavoidable early game boss fight"

mhmm

"if you want to reach the True Ending you need them"

correct

"actually directly tied to the plot."

bingo

so please tell me how theyre not the same

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't think so either because that's a crossover fighting game that's non-canon to all parts.
And thus they scale to the feats present in the game itself

Ruby is literally one of the four characters required to get the true ending of the game itself

Arguing that characters important to the plot in a Massive Crossover would mean that nearly all characters in such games would be allowed. Which doesn't work at all. There is a difference between a cameo crossover and a mutual massive crossover like BBTG or Smash.

That being said, I don't agree with allowing SMT Dante either though. Him being important to the plot doesn't relate to the issue with such characters in the first place. It doesn't change the fact that it's just Dante but stronger and with some new abilities.

How much different is it? That's a much better reason than just saying "He's important to the plot!"

This is not staff only right?

I agee with Saik with SMT Dante, I always found that profile a bit suspect.

Dante in Nocturne is based off his DMC2 self where he acts depressed as all hell, while in Nocturne he sports a more playful, laid-back attitude, more similar to what he has in other games.

I agree with Saikou. A character simply having some different stats, powers and being involved with the plot of the crossover but basically still the same as we've always seen, shouldn't have a profile. It's one thing if it's completely different take on that character, like if a character goes evil or chooses a completely different path in life but even then it have to be case by case.

SMT Dante is a separate character from his DMC counterpart. He's canon to SMT which isn't a crossover verse by any stretch of the word, but not canon to DMC at all.

How does that make him different if he has a personality that is similar to his other appearances...?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
SMT Dante is a separate character from his DMC counterpart. He's canon to SMT which isn't a crossover verse by any stretch of the word, but not canon to DMC at all.
huh, if that is the case then I guess my mind has been changed.

WeeklyBattles said:
How does that make him different if he has a personality that is similar to his other appearances...?
Because his character is different from what he's like in the original game.

But he is similar to every other appearance, so again, how does that make him a different character?

Hell if thats the case then i should point out that Ruby is more serious in BBxTag than she is in the show, therefore she's a different character

WeeklyBattles said:
Hell if thats the case then i should point out that Ruby is more serious in BBxTag than she is in the show, therefore she's a different character
Dude, that's not even remotely close to how different SMT Dante is from DMC2 Dante, which the former is based off of.

So would Tekken Akuma's profile be deleted or not? He is a major character in the story but he's got nothing unique that distinguishes him from his canon profile

Yeah and Ruby is based off of Volume 1-3 wheras she's more serious than anything she's portrayed in the show, on top of having bunch of new abilities and feats

Therefore, by your logic, she is a different character

Considering, by your own words, Dante's character in SMT is identical to his personality in all of his other appearances, its nowhere near a 180 personality

Pardon me, haven't played the game, but people are telling me that Ruby's character in the game is the same as in the first 3 volumes.

Ruby is literally the exact same as she is in the first 3 volumes, there is practically no difference besides her strength and abilities

Look, in DMC2 Dante is someone who barely speaks, deppresed and doesn't play with his enemies preferring to end them ASAP.

SMT Dante is the completely opposite, talks a lot, plays with his enemies, and is considered a member of a whole another race that doesn't exist in DMC, that is without counting his importance to the plot and how he is part of the actual cannon of SMT.

@Tony Meanwhile Ruby is identically as important to the plot, a part of the BBxTag canon, and is one of the four required characters needed to get the true ending to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back