• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question/Possible Predator Strength Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
(Note: This involves info found in another character's profile, and is generally more of a question than a full-on proposal.)

So I was reading through the Mortal Kombat profiles on this site, and upon opening up Noob Saibot's profile, I came across something that caught my attention. In the profile is a link to a video that basically states, among other things, that it would take around 1 million Newtons (i.e. roughly 101 tons) of force to pull a head and spine out of a human body. Ripping out human spines is something the Yautja have done numerous times before, and while part of me really does feel like this sort of strength is outlier-ish (as it's absurdly higher than what they've shown in any other feat), the fact that they've done it on multiple occasions has me conflicted...

So what do you all think? Is this information valid in regards to the Yautja? And if so, does that mean the Predator character profile deserves an upgrade?

Besides that, I doubt that it's an outlier. They've performed numerous other strength feats which justify their "roughly 101 ton" strength. Here's the evidence:

1:

Lifting gates
lifting massive, LOCKED maximum security gates with only some difficulty

2: Here we have a Hunter who managed to overpower energy-based restraints designed by futuristic scientists. That's definitely saying something considering how the Hunter wasn't meant to escape such restraints designed by futuristic scientists as the company they work for were making an attempt to do more research on Yautja.

Not to mention it's extremely impressive how the Hunter was considerably weakened; he managed to overpower the restraints right after he was just waking up from an anesthesia. Most importantly though, he was overwhelmed and incapacitated by a large army of genetically and cybernetic enhanced super soldiers equipped with extremely advanced weapons and armor based on reverse-engineered Yautja technology:

Http makeagif.com media 1-27-2015 BCkbR4
3:

Db6477eab7dedb490a-5
ripping through modern tank armor with ease

4: Hurls a head into a military Humvee so hard that it flips over

5: Beat down giant robotic battle units called "Ulysses":

Honeycam 2017-05-15 23-52-12
Here's how strong the Ulysses are:

Honeycam 2017-05-14 17-29-31
^ They're clearly in multi-ton range, as one is seen slapping away a massive stone collumn that was built inside the mansion of a very wealthy Italian mob boss.

Here's also some further evidence supporting the fact that Yautja are capable of such feats, since the lowest castes of Xenomorphs, the Drones are capable of replicating the exact same feat with ease:

4397933-acid burns through acid proof suits and apcs, xeno rips off heads 1
Then of course, Yautja are considerably tougher than even Warrior caste Xenomorphs:

Honeycam 2017-05-18 02-33-54

This unit converter gave me roughly 0.000101972 (metric) tons-force for 1 Newton. I multiplied that by a million. I also didn't round up before or after multiplying; it's actually just barely under 102.

I decided to check again in case there were errors the first time around, and another separate unit converter gave me the same number.

I still can't shake the feeling that it's outlier-ish (since, again, this kind of strength is comically higher than what a lot of their feats would suggest at first blush) but there seems to be a decent amount of evidence to support them being able to do this sort of thing without much trouble at all, so I'm less skeptical now than I was before. Most of the ones shown doing this are movie (read: young) Yautja, also.

Well we also must consider how Yautja, especially your average, low ranking Yautja are some serious "jobbers" where they won't nearly utilize the full extent of their true strength, unless they're dealing with some serious opponents.

Yautja prefer to take on opponents with pure skill instead of brute force too.

There are many crossovers where Yautja have managed to battle opponents who're easily in hundreds of tons strength range, such as going mano y mano with a weakened Superman, Magnus the Robot Fighter and Batman inside his Robosuit. There are Yautja who've dispatched Alien Queens with bare hands as well, particularly Clan Leaders.

I do remember some showings where Yautja fought Alien Queens, now that I think about it. Up to this point, I've written off most of the 'Predator VS X' crossovers outside of AvP due to them being...well, AU crossovers, but the nature of how some of those went seems to make more sense when you factor in the possibility of a typical Yautja having 200-ton-force strength at its disposal.

I also remember a comic feat of one of the Yautja pulling a futuristic power-armored soldier's arm off. And I can definitely remember numerous times where they managed to mangle steel and other metals like they were paper. (Including the tank armor feat posted above) I don't think the latter feats put them in quite the same ballpark as '202-204 tons of force', but all three are likely something to be considered here, especially the former when taking into account the other showings where the Yautja wrecked futuristic technology with strength alone.

Please stop quoting long posts, and othervise create a messy structure within your own.

Bump to see whether or not this can be brought to a resolution.

That was an interesting video, I really like that channel. I agree with the upgrade, at least Class K for Yautjas and Xenomorphes. It also affect in any other verse where characters can rip off spines (only remember MK) and at least Class 1 for any character that can rip off a head.

Interesting.

While this is mostly a lifting strength feat, could that be applicable to attack potency, in some way?

Unfortunately no, even tho is a striking strength feat, our system only deals with energy. If something matter, 1 MN is more force than the most powerful locomotive engine can produce (890k N).

It would be a great lifting strength upgrade though, correct?

It's basically another way of saying Predators can extert 101-2 tons by lifting, or pulling out the head and spine of a human or even the more durable Synthetics (robotic beings identical to humans in appearance) simultaneously.

It should at least be a lifting strength upgrade.

Since we all seem to agree that this does indeed warrant an upgrade, I think we should bear in mind what was said earlier; this is a 101-102 ton-force feat being performed with only one hand. Because of that, it's likely that the Preds are capable of twice that level of strength when using both arms.

WeeklyBattles claims that 203-4 tons of force is still wall level, based on the claim in the video that 1 million, or 102 tons of force is equivalent to 10 high speed car crashes... Not sure if that's exactly true though and I am still quite skeptical that 20 high speed car crashes are merely high wall level. I'm sure 20 speeding cars would seriously jack up some decent-sized buildings.

It would at least be one helluva lifting strength upgrade.

I even did the math for you:

The heaviest a car can weigh is around 2000 kg, assuming this car is moving at 60 mph (26.8224 m/s) gives us 719441.14176 Joules, which is Wall level. Even if you multiply that by 20 gives us 14388822.8352 Joules, which is still Wall level, albeit high-end Wall level.

and there we go, some digits might not seem to make sense.

Cars crashing into a building will destroy the wall, building for us is a rather tall building and they would have to destroy every single bits of it to be Building level. Destroying the walls of a building level does not equal to Building level as you are only destroying a small part of the structure.

So yes this feat is wall level for sure.

Here's the thing... We're talking about 20 speeding cars.

Obviously, a single speeding car would effortlessly demolish a wall of a building. Hell, if you look up some videos and images of cars crashing into houses and other buildings, there are some instances where the car even causes entire rooms to nearly collapse completely.

Now I'm picturing what 10 cars, let alone 20 speeding cars would do to a house. I could easily see 20 and even 10 cars demolishing an entire, typical house without much trouble. That would have to be at least small building level IMO.

Also, what kind of math did you do to, or how did you get 719441.14176 Joules? In other words, can you show me the work you did behind that amount of Joules?

In other words, I was asking if he could show me the work he did behind that amount of Joules.

I understand where he was able to multiply the amount, but I'm wondering what does 2000 kg and 60 mph have to do with recieving an amount of 719441.14176 Joules...

Its the formula for Kinetic Energy

Kinetic Energy (Joules) = 1/2 Mass x Velocity^2

KE = 1/2 (2000 kg) x (26.8224 m/s)^2

KE = 1000 kg x 719.44114176 m/s

KE = 719441.14176 Joules

719441.14176 Joules x 20 = 14388822.8352 Joules

This is the energy produced by a single speeding car and then the energy produced by a combined total of twenty speeding cars.

Perhaps only on paper, 20 speeding cars is considered "Wall Level."

I still find it ridiculous to think that 20 speeding cars is merely high "Wall Level" when I'm sure as hell 20 speeding cars would demolish the typical house with ease (easily small building level range), especially when there are instances where a single car nearly demolishes an entire room.

Kinetic energy is the energy of a moving object with a specific velocity. The building could of fall down because it hit a main important holding structure, which is still wall level, the other that fallls wouldn't count.

No need to tell me what it's like here.

Still, don't any of you think that's quite low for 20 speeding cars? Do any of you really believe 20 speeding cars will have trouble demolishing a typical house?

Perhaps if we rose the m/s higher to calculate the high end portion of 20 speeding cars? I know 60 mph isn't anywhere close to how fast typical commercial cars can speed.

It's not low, its exactly the energy of 20 speeding cars. 20 cars can bring down a house by hitting its support points but that's not the same as destroying a house with a single punch.

Okay then, if thats what you wanna do, lets raise it to 100 mph, or 44.704 m/s:

1/2 (2000 kg) x (44.704 m/s)^2 = 1998447.62 joules, still Wall level

1998447.62 x 20 = 39968952.4 joules, just barely bottom end Small Building level

The highest youre going to get out of this whole thing is absolute baseline Small Building level

If you wanted your 20 Cars to be baseline Building level they'd have to be traveling over 228 m/s, or over 510 MPH. For one car to be baseline Building level it would have to be traveling over 1022 m/s, or over 2286 MPH

Well, we can do that it would probably give either very high wall level or very low room level.

Either way, I don't think we would accept that since we shouldn't use a faster than average car, unless we know for sure that it for whatever feat it is.

So I thing we're done here, which the high end portion of the feat can be small building level.

It's not a huge upgrade for striking power, but is a massive upgrade for lifting strength.

TBH, I still find 20 speeding cars would still demolish a house easily, regardless of whether or not they crash into the vital supports of the house, because that's a ridiculous amount of cars up against a small building.

Well, this went haywire quickly.

Regardless, it seems we've been mod-approved now. Pred's Class 1 lifting strength is getting bumped up to low-end Class K, that's pretty much undisputed here. Am I to assume that AP is rising to Small Building Level as well? Or is the jury still out on that one?

I'm personally going to suggest 'At least Room Level, possibly Small Building Level' for physical AP. (Yes, I know they're technically the same tier, but there is something of a difference.) Either that or just 'At least Room Level' by itself.

@MrKingOfNegativity

Please don't spread false information, there is absolutely no difference between Small Building level and Room level, no difference in the slightlest. Small Building was a term from the OBD, and Room level was a term from us. Room level is a more accurate name for the tier so that's what we picked. However, since Small Building was used for a much longer time, people can't adapt, so we just use both.

Also we are not agreeing on making the character Room level as I already stated above. We can't assume the car were some type of commerical car so the character can get a upgrade. We're using an average end for this one, which is Wall level.

Alright then. I'll remember that.

So in other words, AP for Predator remains the same (since the character is already set to Room Level physically and has feats listed that are based around that), but we're updating Lifting Strength to Class K?

If so, I'll have that done in a few hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back