• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Snakes physical stats

So. I started to wonder. Snake has MCB listed as " Multi-City Block level with weapons".

And that makes me question, is there any reason he doesn't scale to his own weapons? Even to a small degree? I always recall him able to take a shots from his own guns, and the people he fights doesn't go down in one shot as well. And a bullet like that would realistically one shot a City block level. Is there a certain reason we don't scale him, Like it's a specific weapon or something? Just a question on it as it confuses me

With our revisions to how we treat electricity and explosions Snake may actually be downgraded

Snake's 8-A specifically scales to the absolute strongest stuff in his arsenal. Not all his guns are 8-A, it's just his higher level stuff.

I see. That makes sense, but does he still not scale physically? Not sure I recall weapons that did one shot himself and people he fought. Even a grenade which yeeted a tank to dust didn't kill someone on his level

We're talking about the weapons that he uses to bring down Metal Gears. Blowing up a tank doesn't even come close to 8-A.

I'm aware that doing so isn't within that range. What I'm saying is, I don't believe there was a weapon snake had that could kill himself in one shot. The weapons they use to hurt metal gears, is snake not capable of taking hits from these weapons too in game.

I think the problem with that is that if Snake scaled to his strongest stuff, it'd imply that he's physically strong enough to tear apart Metal Gears with his bear hands, which naturally doesn't make any sense. In every fight with a Metal Gear, he's needed to use his weapons. I'm guessing them not killing other characters is just chalked up to gameplay mechanics.

I would say it's the fact that Weapons are the smartest thing to use against one due to sheer size and the fact he can get overwhelmed since they still are decently stronger, plus punching something that big vs shooting at a distance. I don't think it would be too far fetched since we have seen people like Big Boss go lifting one of those cacoons, and people in verse who can fight with them

But. I won't go much further than that. This was just a question for why we don't. If we don't, well that sucks, but alright

The Wright Way said:
I think the problem with that is that if Snake scaled to his strongest stuff, it'd imply that he's physically strong enough to tear apart Metal Gears with his bear hands, which naturally doesn't make any sense. In every fight with a Metal Gear, he's needed to use his weapons. I'm guessing them not killing other characters is just chalked up to gameplay mechanics.
It doesn't though, this would just scale his durability, not his AP. It just means he could tank MCB attacks.

Also I think MGS4 Vamp should scale Snake's durability to Multi City Block anyway. Since Vamp is Multi City Block, with Snake able to tank attacks from Vamp and injuring Vamp with weapons that Snake can also tank himself.

The only Snake weapons that are 8-A are like the strongest bombs, all the regular ballistics are blatantly Tier 9 for obvious reasons. Also, Vamp is overwhelmingly stronger than Snake, so I don't think Snake scales from him. Same with various Metal Geats being much stronger than him; however, his reaction speeds are consistently faster than his own combat speed.

8-B physical stats comes from multiple sources; to be fair, the lightning calc is a bit iffy. But it is better than most lightning durability feats due to him tanking a controlled lightning bolt where all the energy was directly harnessed into him. He is somewhat comparible to Gray Fox and was able to beat him in hand to hand combat at one point, so 8-B physical stats is fine by me. Gray Fox is comparable to an early Raiden who had a 8-B calculation.

Back