• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Void Hound feat for Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what is meant is solar systems, not clusters of multiple stars. I will adjust the page accordingly.

On second thought, perhaps I should ask Matthew first.

^this. Nebula is what is the actual term for a Multi Solar System sized structure would be. Star system is just another name for Solar System, as the Sol in Solar is the name of our sun alone, just as Luna is the name of our moon, and only Earth has a lunar cycle.

Nah. A Star System is just the star and the stuff revolving around it, just like our Solar System. Technically, the star Betelgeuse and the planets revolving around that could be called the Betelgeuse System.

I believe Star System is a small set of stars that are next to each other as it is on Wikipedia (The source is the "Modern Dictionary of Astronomy and Space Technology") .

Not exactly. In a Star system we only have multiple stars close to each other, the distance between them is very small as compared to distant stars light years as we have as a standard. (For example the distance of Sirius A and B ranges up to 8.2 AU, while distance Of our Sun and Proxima Centauri is 267124604 AU). The total energy I believe can reach the Solar System level, but I never calculated to be sure.

I am a bit uncertain regarding this, but think that interpreting this as single solar systems seems more consistent for Superman.

On the other hand, did not one of the scans say that the Sun-Eater is the size of a nebula?

@Ant

It was released for a test-drive and then it destroyed 10 solar systems.

And the Sun-Eater is that size, but Superman only endured blasts from it from a difference.

Okay. Unless it destroyed them in a single blast, it still qualifies as solar system level though.

Okay. Perhaps his profile should be updated with some better clarifications?

"Tested once" does not mean "fired once" nor does "ten solar systems died" mean "solar systems were wiped out in one shot".

LordXcano said:
"Tested once" does not mean "fired once" nor does "ten solar systems died" mean "solar systems were wiped out in one shot".
No it doesn't. If you take out your new car for a test drive and you drive around 5 kilometers, it doesn't mean you drived then instantly. The Void Hound doesn't destroy multiple solar systems at once.

Edit:

Unless you are agreeing that it didn't one-shot 10 solar systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back