• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Post Crisis Superman abilities

It's not fine, I still disagree with both of those things and the replies to it are very bad.
His spatial manipulation was offensive, it made a hole in space in that wall. Its not confirmed that Death was a delusion, that was Superman's speculation which Death himself didn't agree with. Same for the psychological demon thing. I don't know why dreams being turned physical means this comic had no solid rules, that's an arbitrary assumption
Let's look back at what I had to say about this; "So it is a dream. Well, that's something that makes all that inapplicable. Not only it can be argued that one can do things more freely in a dream, but context points this out too; Death isn't Death, but Supes' own death / a delusion / manifestation of things Supes was feeling, which can mean it was using its powers in a way that can allows Supes to do all that, or that that is the nature of its powers. Death says that in defeating it Super was defeating psychological demon in his mind, which can mean doing the latter leads to the former. Death asks to consider that there might be a place where mind and matter intersect; where that which hides in your dreams takes form, implying that is the place where they were before. Dreams & mind-based things becoming real at random is pretty clear on how this had no solid rules. Nothing from this comic should be added."

So he says that "Its not confirmed that Death was a delusion", I don't agree with that, with the other things Death in fact is, it being a delusion too makes perfect sense, and it wouldn't even matter if it wasn't because it's already some weird abstract, moldable being, with the events being just as moldable by Supes defeating the psychological demon in his mind.
Him gaining a resistance to being erased from history because he was too important for history is still a resistance. The things I didn't have scans for are already on the profile
This is a reply to me saying "Well, I see it far more likely that there is a mechanic/weakness to his power that makes it so people like Superman can't be erased due to having been influencing history for centuries; hence he leads by pointing that out, which doesn't at all sound like a resistance Supes himself has but simply a side effect of that fact."

So XXKINGXX9 is pretty much saying "He gained a resistance therefore it's still a resistance". Ignoring how I say that it's a mechanic/weakness of the power being used against him, maybe we should have a term for that in Vs Debates.

Back