• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Time Stop

I have a question about time stop. Is the potency of a time stop dependent on its range and length?

For example, character A resists time stop that covers three planets and lasts two minutes.

Character B's time stop covers five galaxies and lasts an hour.

Would Character A resist Character B's time stop?

(This is ignoring the time stop being higher dimensional or working on people that have Infinite or higher Speed)

I should've gone into more detail.

Time manipulation blends together, yes. Unless it's like, clearly very bad (like a certain bald purple alien). Range I don't think matters.

The real cal howard said:
Time manipulation blends together, yes. Unless it's like, clearly very bad (like a certain bald purple alien). Range I don't think matters.
Guldo >>>> Hit

But, let's say, that Character A can Stop Character B in time with their Time Stop, but Character B has resistance to Time Stop. Would that mean that Character A's Time Stop is better than normal Time Stops?

@Cal

Explain very bad. Using Hit's example, why would the timestops being different lengths of time not mattering start to matter if the timestop does not last long?

I don't think verses treat it's range as it's potency. Something like who it can affect or for how long determines it's strength, range just means that's how far your effects reach, right?

Drite77 said:
But, let's say, that Character A can Stop Character B in time with their Time Stop, but Character B has resistance to Time Stop. Would that mean that Character A's Time Stop is better than normal Time Stops?
Yeah

@drite

Yes

Timestop that works on people who resist it, people with infinite or immeasurable speed, or higher dimensional time stop are better than normal time stop

No, range doesn't matter since both are still affecting the fourth dimension so the range within the 3 dimensional space is irrelevant

Time-Stop doesn't inherently have strength, because all you re doing is exactly that: bringing the flow of time itself to halt.

If it is restricted to a limited amount of range or even "duration", oddly enough, is just a weakness of the caster's variation of the ability, but other than that, time is still stopped, no difference compared to universal and limitless Time-Stop.

A time-stop can be considered more potent/effective if you are stopping someone who resists it or transcends time through Acausality or Speed.

Overlord775 said:
Would Time Stop that affects the entire universe be better than a time stop that targets only a small area ?
Yes, if you are talking about pratcticality.

No otherwise.

The real cal howard said:

Can you elaborate on this?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Can you elaborate on this?
Cal was talking about Hit's time-skip getting literally overpowered by raw strength, which is at least what happened in the manga.

Yeah, that was basically why I made the thread. The Hit that the character in the thread gets the resistance from doesn't have that weakness so I was confused on why they said the time stop would work. It was then said that the real reason why the timestop would work is because it lasted longer and had more range than Hit's timestop which Jiren resisted. Glad to have it get cleared up though.

Time stop is just stopping time. If a character can move in stopped time, it doesn't matter if the time is stopped only on the planet or the universe, for a second or for a year.

But would't a time stop capable to affect an entire timeline be stronger than a localize one since it would be Low 2-C ?

Back