• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About Superman and Resistance to Existence Erasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how Superman always manages to resist Darkseid's Omega Beams and if this means he has resistance to existance erasing. I've been told by Superman fans several times that Superman can't be erased from existance because he's protected by The Source or something, and that this is an explanation as to why he's able to resist Omega Beams.

My knowledge of Superman is limited and I've only read a few comics, but I was always under the impression that Darkseid simply never goes all out on Superman and that Darkseid only really ever intends on causing Superman pain and torturing him.

Superman has resistance to plenty of hax. There are times people try to Reality Warp him and it literally doesn't work. Although to which extent each feat of resistance is legitimate or an outlier is hard to tell.

So is his resistance to Omega Beams legit? Is Darkseid ever actually trying? Are they just weakened avatars? And is it true that The Source protects him?

I'm not sure if he actually survived Omega Beams in the comics, since Darkseid casually stomps Superman almost everytime.

And no, I don't think so. Unless that is mentioned in one comic that I don't know. It's possible.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm not sure if he actually survived Omega Beams in the comics, since Darkseid casually stomps Superman almost everytime.
I wouldn't say casually stomps. Superman has a pretty decent track record against Darkseid, and usually holds his own.

http://www.imgur.com/a/ouWE9

As the album shows, Superman outright withstands multiple direct Omega Beam hits.

Of course this only really applies to Pre-Flashpoint/N52 Darkseid, Post-Flashpoint Darkseid is usually portrayed as solidly above Superman

Is this already on his profile or does it need to be added?

Just want to say, as the Existence erasure page specifies "Note that one shouldn't list a character to have resistance/immunity against this ability in total".

So if you list something in this regards please be specific. Either mention it as resistance against the mechanism/ability that performs the existence erasure (causality manipulation, negative energy beams or something) or, if that isn't known, mention which techniques were resisted making clear that the resistance against existence erasure is to be taken as limited to sufficiently similar techniques.

So if someone were to edit the page, it should read like "Resistance to Existence erasure (withstood Darkseid's Omega Beams multiple times)" instead of just "Resistance to Existence erasure" right?

Darkseid's Omega Beams literally remove the target from reality. Nobody would read the profile and assume he has Resistance to all Erasure abilities.

So should this thread be closed and the profile updated? Or do you feel like there's still room for discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back