• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Sonic The Hedgehog's Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it looks like this is the calc that gave most Sonic characters (in the game verse anyways) their extremely high base scaling. I'm sure this has been asked already but why are we assuming that the characters that use the chaos emeralds (or can fight users of the chaos emerald) can just casually scale to this feat? My issue with this is the fact that the energy output of the Chaos Emeralds are highly variable to the user's skill in controlling it. That feat in particular is likely the upper end of what a Chaos Emerald can produce independent of anyone controlling it. Even if that wasn't the upper end of it's power my point still stands that very few characters should be able to harness it's power to that degree.

Am I missing something?

power my point still stands that very few characters should be able to harness it's power to that degree.
Judging by sonics profile, the thing is that he defeated chaos. Chaos Absorbed 4 emeralds, and thus would be at least as strong as the feat done by 1. Because base sonic did this repeatedly, he scales. In terms of ap, he’s not very far from other sonic chars, and thus many of them scale to this 1 emerald feat.

Yeah basically main character fights everyone constantly and is rivaled by them a ton and creates a verse-wide scaling chain since they all downscale from him due to him doing most of the feats. And it just so happens Sonic consistently fights Emerald users, and even some others on the cast fought Chaos and even Emerl. Chaos Emeralds also explicitly amp Shadow's abilities and he almost always has at least one.

Well that's how it is buddy, not much that can be done about that.

If it's any consolation to you just because they're in the same tier doesn't mean they're equal in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back