• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about SBA

Mr_Sugabz

He/Him
As far as I know, SBA is a rule that brings out the strongest version of each character.

if there is a character who gets certain feats but in limited conditions, does that mean those feats can be used continuously?

*Sorry for my bad English

Izana's base speed is just Subsonic, but one time, when she suddenly wants to save Kakucho who wants to be shot by a gun, he reacted quickly, and took Kakucho's place to be the one who got shot. And after calculating, his speed is Supersonic+.
As I explained earlier, we know that Izana's Supersonic+ speed is a limited condition. If there are SBA rules, will he always be able to move as fast as Supersonic+?
_____

*Sorry for my bad English

SBA is strongest forms. If there's a move or something can only be used under hyperspecific conditions, the same conditions would apply.
But, SBA also makes it so it's optimal conditions for the fighter.

For example, if a character gets stronger while the sun is out like Gawain FGO, Buff NNT man or what not. It'll be sunny when they're fighting so they can get the benefits, or for example, a vampire like Dio Brando, it'll be night time when he fights. So conditions like that get applied.

But things like your example? Not really, that's more an emotive amp, it'd be more of a power akin to rage boost (even if not rage), so they can get it in a fight but they'd have to be given an emotive spike in said fight to get it (For example, Josuke Higashikata, he gets stronger when his hair gets insulted. His hair would need to be insulted in the fight by a character who might do that to get the amp (Or specify he was insulted right before the match to cheat the system).
Things like that you could maybe give context to make it work, like this dude is fighting his foe in the match because they just nearly killed that person so he's working full throttle now? Things like that.
But for the most part strongest forms by default, innate boosts and what not given by optimal conditions also taken care of.

Back