• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Senjumaru Feat "Debunked"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Warera ga chikara wa sudefuru dake de sankai tenchi wo furuesasu."

Most directly, "my power [at mere happenstance contact] causes three [worlds, "lands under the heavens"] to shake."

A more English sounding translation might be "At the merest brush, my power causes three realms to quake."

The operative word you are looking at is 天地, "tenchi,", literally "the land [under] the heavens."

In old timey speak, that meant The Earth, Terra, the planet upon which we currently reside.

You might recognize it, in Dragonball, from the Tenchi Budokai tournament.... literally "the strongest under the heavens"... or, "The strongest person in the world," often used in most dubs as "The World Martial Arts Tournament."

If you ignore all context, desire nothing more than to wank your preferred setting far, far beyond any reasonable bounds, and do not feel constrained by such mortal concepts as flowery speech translated across both language and stylization (the words are evoking slightly archaic Japanese, in much the same way that, say, the PJ King Kong used the line "Twas Beauty killed the Beast"), then I suppose it could be interpreted to mean three universes.

I mean, it's using a word traditionally limited to the (usually) one planet rather than 宇宙 (uchu), the actual Japanese word for Universe, but if you wanna do you, Wendy's is right around the corner.

(if it wasn't obvious, Senjumaru's feat is limited to three realms, each of which are given, by context, to be about the size of Earth, seeing as one of them is meant to be Earth.)

In case you needed another point, in Japanese, they use a special indicator when counting things to indicate the "class" or "kind" of thing they're counting. Three sheets of Paper uses -mai (枚), because that's the counter for thin, flat objects. Four pencils uses -bon (本), because that's the counter for long, cylindrical things.

The above quote uses 三界 (sankai) to say how many realms, and wouldn't you know it, 界 (kai) is the counter used for "community, circle, world,"

How would you refute that?

The literal translation of "Warera ga chikara wa sudefuru dake de sankai tenchi wo furuesasu" is "With only our power, the three realms quiver." or "Our power alone makes the three realms tremble or "With only our power, the three realms, including heavens and earth, tremble." Heaven and earth = Universe

Using the kanji that Arc provided it would be
"我らが能力は袖振るだけで三界天地を震えさす"
"Our abilities alone cause the three realms and the heavens and earth to tremble with a mere swing of the sleeves."
or
“Even the slightest use of our powers would cause the heaven and earth of the three worlds to tremble”
我らが (Warera ga): Our
能力 (nōryoku): abilities
は (wa): (topic marker)
袖振る (sode furu): swing of the sleeves
だけで (dake de): only, merely
三界 (sankai): three realms
天地 (tenchi): heavens and earth
を (wo): (object marker)
震えさす (furue sasu): to make tremble

bro invite me to the bleach server
If there is such a place, I would like to join.

ezgif-4-0f4466fc37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back