• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Pokemon Trainers and Pokemon movesets

Again. It’s an alternate universe. I didn’t say it’s necessarily non-canon, but it is very distinctly not a universe attached to this one. Evidence being Giovanni, who outright left the main universe to wreak havoc and wound up in the Masters universe.
Where is the Giovanni thing stated?

If Red and Blue look like that, Elio shouldn’t even be born.
Why?

Not what they said.

So Sonichu is canon since the blog doesn't say so?
The blog has Masters and explains that it is iffy + doesn't take precedence over main canon.

GO isn't "almost everything". Almost everything would mean Pokepark, Pokemon Rubble, Pokemon Flipper, SSB, every single Pkmn manga in existence or whatever.

And yes. Things need confirmation.

Not what they said.

Pokemon.com: How do you flesh out characters who have had minimal screen time in the Pokémon RPGs? Did you work with people at The Pokémon Company to make sure your new details were in canon?

Mr. Sasaki: We have worked with The Pokémon Company closely on details in the game, and they have of course checked our new details to make sure they fit in the world of Pokémon. One of the major new features of this game—and the content that we want to highlight—is the interaction between various Trainers. Players will be able to enjoy new and exciting interactions between Trainers who may not have interacted before.

So Sonichu is canon since the blog doesn't say so?

That's a horrible example, Sonichu is fan made, Masters is licensed. And since when did everything even need confirmation to be canon anyways? Where in the blog does it say the masters canon is "iffy"?

GO isn't "almost everything". Almost everything would mean Pokepark, Pokemon Rubble, Pokemon Flipper, SSB, every single Pkmn manga in existence or whatever.

Why aren't those canon either? We accept Pokepark as canon, Smash Bros isn't a Pokemon game

At this point, the whole Masters debate should just be taken to its own thread and dealt with once and for all, because the debate on its canonicity keeps derailing threads like this one here.

If the games are canon to masters, then masters would also be canon to the games, unless contradicted
Eh not really, Dragon Ba GT is not canon to the actual story and is its own canon despite DBZ and original DB being fully canon to it

I'm waiting for the OP to show the evidence that there's only 1 of each legendary in a world, and that it means every legendary just somehow knows all its level up moves that it convieniently never uses

I'm waiting for the OP to show the evidence that there's only 1 of each legendary in a world, and that it means every legendary just somehow knows all its level up moves that it convieniently never uses
Not my problem you don´t want to believe what others are saying

You want evidence of one legendary per universe? Play the mainline games.

Now, the fact a legendary has all moves indexed means that legendary can use them(otherwise how were they recorded in the Pokedex) , but game mechanics limits all Pokémon from using all their moves anyway

Now, the fact a legendary has all moves indexed means that legendary can use them(otherwise how were they recorded in the Pokedex) , but game mechanics limits all Pokémon from using all their moves anyway

This is not evidence

Now, the fact a legendary has all moves indexed means that legendary can use them(otherwise how were they recorded in the Pokedex)

Their moves aren't recorded in the Pokedex

Their moves aren't recorded in the Pokedex
They're recorded there. All of it. Just like all wild Pokémon who're allowed their moves here.
Unless someone it's been shown that legendaries have certain limitations that makes them unable to use all their moves, we should give them equal treatment

They're recorded there. All of it. Just like all wild Pokémon who're allowed their moves here.
Unless someone it's been shown that legendaries have certain limitations that makes them unable to use all their moves, we should give them equal treatment
Show me where its recorded

Do you not have a refute
The moment you started saying that Eternatus is not unique, talking about a non canon game that is completely deraling this thread and you refuse to read the part where I talk about urshifu, who is an EX-CEP-TI-ON to the normal legendary that should be unique, there is no argument to be made with you, you won´t listen, you won´t comprehend and you are ignoring words of Pokemon experts like realcathoward or arceuxs

So yeah, nothing more to talk, ty and goodbye

So you don't know what a pokedex is.

Okay I'll help you out
Can you show me where the moves are recorded in the pokedex

The moment you started saying that Eternatus is not unique, talking about a non canon game that is completely deraling this thread and you refuse to read the part where I talk about urshifu, who is an EX-CEP-TI-ON to the normal legendary that should be unique, there is no argument to be made with you, you won´t listen, you won´t comprehend and you are ignoring words of Pokemon experts like realcathoward or arceuxs

So yeah, nothing more to talk, ty and goodbye
Masters is accepted as canon here, so idk why you're saying its not

I didn't even mention Urshifu, so that's a massive strawman argument

there is no argument to be made with you, you won´t listen, you won´t comprehend and you are ignoring words of Pokemon experts like realcathoward or arceuxs

What is there to listen to, you haven't even made an argument for why there's only 1 legendary. You just said "there's only 1 of each legendary, urshifu doesn't count" then didn't even elaborate, didn't even respond when I asked for an elaboration, and when I responded, you just said "you won't listen" instead of actually refuting anything

What is there to listen to, you haven't even made an argument for why there's only 1 legendary. You just said "there's only 1 of each legendary, urshifu doesn't count" then didn't even elaborate, didn't even respond when I asked for an elaboration, and when I responded, you just said "you won't listen" instead of actually refuting anything
👍

and to be fair there isn't 1 of each legendary, like i said before, there are many legendaries with the exception of some.
Though, of course, games are a bit different.
In the anime we do have many kyogres, rayquazas, mewtwos, darkrais, lugias ect. however in the games there is simply no evidence for that and the only ones who are multiple are Solgaleo and Lunala (multiple cosmogs should be a thing not to mention dimensional travel), UBs in general except for Necrozma, Mewtwo (possibly), Regi, dog and bird trio. The rest are unique.
Eternatus is singular, there is no evidence for there to be more than 1 Eternatus as otherwise other regions would have legends of darkest day and such. It was a unique instance of him falling into Galar and getting his ass beat by some dogs.

A species requires enough individuals to be a species instead of one-offs. Enough for them to reasonably thrive for generations. There very well may be two Mewtwos, but that isn’t enough to be a species. The legendary birds are indeed a species, but the rarest species of them all. Mew might’ve been a species millions upon millions of years ago, but currently there’s just one. Regis are in a similar boat as Mewtwo but different. There’s multiples of them, as Regigigas made multiples, but I doubt he was out here making hundreds of Legendary Titans. The Eon duo are like the birds, alongside Shaymin, Kub/Urshifu and Manaphy. The Legendary Beasts are…debatable. It’s possible that Ho-oh brought them back as new members of a powerful ancient species, or Ho-oh could’ve made them as new individuals altogether. But for the apocalyptic level boxart Pokémon (Kyogre, Giratina, Reshiram, Yveltal, Eternatus, etc.), there’s only one. Otherwise Pokemon wouldn’t have a world to live in. Zygarde both is and isn’t an exception as there’s only one complete Zygarde. But due to how Zygarde works, there’s technically 100 of the basic cell forms, and therefore 2 of the Zygarde in its most recognizable form. Solgaleo and Lunala are a species but you get into weird multiverse stuff for them. The dogs are explicitly individuals though.

In the anime we do have many kyogres, rayquazas, mewtwos, darkrais, lugias ect. however in the games there is simply no evidence for that and the only ones who are multiple are Solgaleo and Lunala (multiple cosmogs should be a thing not to mention dimensional travel), UBs in general except for Necrozma, Mewtwo (possibly), Regi, dog and bird trio. The rest are unique.
Eternatus is singular, there is no evidence for there to be more than 1 Eternatus as otherwise other regions would have legends of darkest day and such. It was a unique instance of him falling into Galar and getting his ass beat by some dogs.
We have no statement of there being only 1 legendary in the games, in fact we see more than 1 rayquaza and ho-oh in masters, even Urshifu

And there are 2 eternatus at the very least, we see another one in masters

A species requires enough individuals to be a species instead of one-offs. Enough for them to reasonably thrive for generations. There very well may be two Mewtwos, but that isn’t enough to be a species. The legendary birds are indeed a species, but the rarest species of them all. Mew might’ve been a species millions upon millions of years ago, but currently there’s just one. Regis are in a similar boat as Mewtwo but different. There’s multiples of them, as Regigigas made multiples, but I doubt he was out here making hundreds of Legendary Titans. The Eon duo are like the birds, alongside Shaymin, Kub/Urshifu and Manaphy. The Legendary Beasts are…debatable. It’s possible that Ho-oh brought them back as new members of a powerful ancient species, or Ho-oh could’ve made them as new individuals altogether. But for the apocalyptic level boxart Pokémon (Kyogre, Giratina, Reshiram, Yveltal, Eternatus, etc.), there’s only one. Otherwise Pokemon wouldn’t have a world to live in. Zygarde both is and isn’t an exception as there’s only one complete Zygarde. But due to how Zygarde works, there’s technically 100 of the basic cell forms, and therefore 2 of the Zygarde in its most recognizable form. Solgaleo and Lunala are a species but you get into weird multiverse stuff for them. The dogs are explicitly individuals though.

Where's the evidence of there being only 1 kyogre, reshiram, yveltal and eternatus? There's more than 1 rayquaza

Zygarde both is and isn’t an exception as there’s only one complete Zygarde. But due to how Zygarde works, there’s technically 100 of the basic cell forms, and therefore 2 of the Zygarde in its most recognizable form.

There are more than 1 Zygarde in the anime

We have no statement of there being only 1 legendary in the games, in fact we see more than 1 rayquaza and ho-oh in masters, even Urshifu

And there are 2 eternatus at the very least, we see another one in masters
Then masters contradicts the mainline games and is thus unusable.
Not to mention that every character we see is the same age as they were in their respective game despite being of different age in the actual mainline games. (Proof? Selene and Elliot, aka the protagonists of Sun and Moon, are the the same way they were in the games, meanwhile Red, who's supposed to be 20, is still a kid/teen).

So there are only two ways to explain this:
1) different timelines coming together
2) Masters isn't canon.

So overall (unless there is an overarching plot about timelines coming together in the game and characters from those timelines joining together) it would mean that the Masters game isn't canon at all

Then masters contradicts the mainline games and is thus unusable.
Not to mention that every character we see is the same age as they were in their respective game despite being of different age in the actual mainline games. (Proof? Selene and Elliot, aka the protagonists of Sun and Moon, are the the same way they were in the games, meanwhile Red, who's supposed to be 20, is still a kid/teen).

So there are only two ways to explain this:
1) different timelines coming together
2) Masters isn't canon.

So overall (unless there is an overarching plot about timelines coming together in the game and characters from those timelines joining together) it would mean that the Masters game isn't canon at all
Why does it contradict the mainline game?

Where is it shown that Red is still a teen? He looks like an adult to me

And you conveniently ignored me asking for any confirmation that there's only 1 of each legendary. You also conveniently forgot about the Bird Trio example I gave

Why does it contradict the mainline game?

Where is it shown that Red is still a teen? He looks like an adult to me

And you conveniently ignored me asking for any confirmation that there's only 1 of each legendary. You also conveniently forgot about the Bird Trio example I gave
He looks nothing like his 20 year old self. His design in Masters is the same as his normal design with like an extra 10cm of height.

This heavily contradicts the main game.

I'll reply later cause im in class

He looks nothing like his 20 year old self. His design in Masters is the same as his normal design with like an extra 10cm of height.

This heavily contradicts the main game.

I'll reply later cause im in class
That could just be an artstyle thing. You're not gonna tell me episode 51 of Pokemon BW is non canon to episode 32 because Ash looks shorter in 1 episode right?

Back