• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Guts

Recently i took a quick look at his profile, and i noticed that his lifting strength is Class 5, the explanation doesn't justify this statistic, LordXcano calculated the Dragonslayer and it weighs only 300 kg, which would put him at Peak Human.

Can someone explain this? If there's no real explanation for it we should downgrade his lifting strength.

A ship mast was thrown, he caught it and he threw the ship mast to the side could be one reason. Maybe he grappled with an apostle at one point but the former could very well be the reason. Also he can lift the dragon Slayer with his teeth, peak human is kinda underselling it.

I can't supply them right now since I'm on a phone but he did it with the Berserker Armor, I think around when he and Zodd teamed up. If ya mean the teeth thing thst should be easy to find and I can manage that if ya want.

BUWWVA1
Actually found a panel of it while looking for the other. Also he lifted Mozgus above his head threw him while he was impaled on the dragon slayer, which is probably something decent.

The Legendary Carmine said:
To me it looks like his metallic arm did most of the lifting, and i'd like to see panels of the feats you mentioned
If this were a case where Guts punches a wall with his prosthetic hand, then you can argue that it would be a stronger punch than his other hand seeing as it's made of metal and he wouldn't be hindered by any pain. But if we're talking lifting, a prosthetic doesn't contribute to anything. Even if it did, Guts would still be class 5 for moving the mast of a ship.

Also, to swing a 300kg weapon requires lifting strength far, far above peak human due to leverage.

Back