• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Dark Kahn

Where do most of his abilities come from? Granted I played the game awhile ago an read the comic around that time, but most of the abilities on the profile seem...wrong. Also he should have Statistics Reduction and Statistics Amplification of others via inducing kombat rage, as it is shown and stated that is was weakening superman and green lantern, as well as increasing the Joker's strength to the point of being superhuman.

Also isn't the 2-C rating through hax? Why does it scale to durability? Also why does he have K lifting strength? No one shows that level of strength in the game. I think DK is possibly scaling to MK characters but I am not posative.

The profile has alot of wank in abilities iirc. If someone who made the profile could fill me in on where all the powers come from with links, that would be greattttttt.

Tbh I love MK vs DC, but I don't want it to be misrepresented.

I mean, DK seems to be scaling to CANON Kahn, saying he is far faster, but this is a non-canon game with characters whos powers are on the flux throughout. Also going over the powers:

Telepathy: I believe this is from this may be from talking to flash in the comic...not posative

Telekinesis: No idea

Reality Warping: It is fine

Green Energy Manipulation: Why not just callit energy manip?

Afterimage Creation,Damage Boost, Reflective Forcefield, Speed Boost and Weapon Creation: I think these may be fined...?

Weapon Summoning: Difference between this and Weapon Creation?

Fire Manipulation: When? Are you talking about the move 'Explosive Blast'?

Enhanced Senses: When?

Clairvoyance: When?

Soul Manipulation (Gains Absorption and Statistics Amplification): When?

Dimensional Manipulation: Maybe?

Regenerationn (Low-Godly): Pretty sure this is a definant no.

Immortality (Types 1 and 3): I don't think so, as it isn't confirmed in game.

Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3): Maybe

Mind Manipulation (Gains Illusion Creation and Enrage): Also icludes Madness Manipulation in the comics iirc

Omega Beams (Gains BFR and Transmutation): Transmutaion...when? Also BFR isn't from Omega Beams, it is from his Electricity Manipulation or Light Manipulation from the comics, at least it is in the thread that added the ability.

Portal Creation: Probably

Possibly Power Absorption (Implied to have been the one siphoning Superman's powers): In my OP I stat that it is Statistics Reduction.

He should also have:

Vibration Manipulation via Omega Tremor and Omega Force

Still want confirmation though.

Omega beams are stated to be able to alter anything they touch so he gets transmutation, it's also stated to be used for transportation and I probs misinterpreted that for BFR

Most of his powers are scaling to a canon Unrestricted Shao that should be removed

Also the game is crap so I really dont give a fvck about it and that's all I will contribute ty

Yes, it's in his bio

The powers that should be removed are regen, immortality and TK. I changed canon Shao's weapon summoning with weapon creation in his page so summoning should be removed too

We dont give vibration manip to those who create shockwaves through sheer strength, check the page for Vibration Manipulation

That's fine

Clairvoyance and Enhanced Senses comes from him being able to know who is fighting who as seen in the panel where he watches Kano vs Flash (holy fvck), Shang vs WW, Raiden vs Cap Marvel, etc. but that was when I didn't realize that Cosmic Awareness was a page.

Soulhax should be removed too unless there's a feat where Shao does his soul shenanigans in the story

So should Clair and ES be changed to CA?

Yeah, playing through the story again, it isn't mentioned in the DC playthrough, but I haven't replayed the MK playthrough so I am not sure. I don't remember it from when I played it along time ago but tbh I don't remember a lot lol.

The abilities you suggested in the OP are fine

He should be 2-C via reality warping or space time manip, his physicals are unknown for now. His Class K should be changed too

Shouldnt Dark Kahn scale to Injustice Darkseid and original timeline Shao Kahn? Like for speed for example

Also things discussed to remove and such wasnt applied

Also many characters which have similar feats of merging universes and such have it applied to durability too, like Ultron Sigma, Mundus and Argosax from DMC, why would Dark Kahn be exception, these characters also get beaten physically

BlackDarkness679 said:
Shouldnt Dark Kahn scale to Injustice Darkseid and original timeline Shao Kahn? Like for speed for example
Also things discussed to remove and such wasnt applied

Also many characters which have similar feats of merging universes and such have it applied to durability too, like Ultron Sigma, Mundus and Argosax from DMC, why would Dark Kahn be exception, these characters also get beaten physically
Both are from different series that aren't connected with this one as of the moment so they don't scale

They're not applied yet because we don't have enough agreements with the changes

Idk about those examples, they must've had some sort of exemptions to the rule, plus the scaling appears to be a mess. We would probably have 2-C Scorpion and Joker if that's the case

Except the scaling in MK vs DC isnt existent really, since the kombat rage made some characters stronger then usual, while the others weaker, like Shang Tsung able to defeat Liu Kang which he cant normally and Superman losing to Scorpion, with magic being made as a reason why Supes is beaten by most, that even Ed Boon said

Also no, nobody would scale from Dark Kahn, hell even his defeat was basically cuz the plot demands it

They arent from different series, MK 11 and Injustice 2 are remembering the crossover, best way is to scale abilities of from Original timeline Kahn and Injustice Darkseid, current Kahn and comic Darkseid ARENT included

Also the examples i gave for the characters mentioned getting durability equal to the merge they did had no such rule discussed or anything, having DK changed while others got it too is special treatment towards them

Also what disagreements? I wanna see them

This character is a mix of Shao Kahn and Darkseid, Dark Kahn would scale vastly above any of these two and have their abilities

BlackDarkness679 said:
Also the examples i gave for the characters mentioned getting durability equal to the merge they did had no such rule discussed or anything, having DK changed while others got it too is special treatment towards them

Also what disagreements? I wanna see them

This character is a mix of Shao Kahn and Darkseid, Dark Kahn would scale vastly above any of these two and have their abilities
Idk enough of the MKvsDC story, so I will keep myself out of its scaling. I'm not sure of DK's rating myself and if you think he should be 2-C in all of his stats then you may argue for that

There's no disagreements here, what I meant is that we don't have enough agreement to implement these changes. Just a little bit of admin approval in this thread is enough to get these changes accepted

Dark Kahn does have both of their abilities, we're just removing abilities with no justification since it's an old profile

I dont see a problem for him to have what Injustice Darkseid and Original timeline Shao Kahn got to their profiles, its logical really, especially given dialogues in both games between these two, also he doesnt have all their stuff, so it needs to be done now

If others are also in all stats for merging universes, i really dont see why Dark Kahn should be the exception, others would need to be changed too in that case

Ant is probably busy, we might need approval from somebody else about these

Honestly, Dark Kahn logically shouldn't be above The One Being in terms of tier.

For obvious reasons. Unless MKvsDC is canon..

Back