• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about 100% Izuku Midoriya

Why are we scaling 100% to 1,000,000% under the logic that it shouldn't be much weaker? That seems blatantly false.

The fact that Muscular was barely damaged by 100% but was one-shot by 1,000,000% pretty clearly shows that the difference is significant.

> The fact that Muscular was barely damaged by 100%.

Wrong, Muscular was severely damaged by the attack.

> Why are we scaling 100% to 1,000,000% under the logic that it shouldn't be much weaker? That seems blatantly false.

His 1,000,000% was just a battle cry, the author himself confirmed it, at most it can be said that his 1,000,000% is just 25% stronger than his 100% due to adrenaline multiplier, which was even explained by Deku's doctor in the manga, any other assumption is unfounded.

Therefir said:
> The fact that Muscular was barely damaged by 100%.
Wrong, Muscular was severely damaged by the attack.

> Why are we scaling 100% to 1,000,000% under the logic that it shouldn't be much weaker? That seems blatantly false.

His 1,000,000% was just a battle cry, the author himself confirmed it, at most it can be said that his 1,000,000% is just 25% stronger than his 100% due to adrenaline multiplier, which was even explained by Deku's doctor in the manga, any other assumption is unfounded.
Muscular was hurt by 100% but I would hardly say he was severely damaged.

1,000,000% is an exaggeration, I'm not gonna deny that, but it clearly did a good amount more than 100%.

It's still pure speculation, if in My Hero Academia a difference of 25% is enough to knock out someone, then is not my problem, Horikoshi basically said that Deku was under the effects of adrenaline, Deku's doctor also remarked this and even said the difference between his normal power and while under the effects of adrenaline, exactly like in real life.

1,000,000 is just Deku's true 100%.

Muscular's muscle armor took most of the damage of Deku's 100%.

Andytrenom said:
Izuku's initial 100% was blocked by several layers of muscle fibres and still left Muscular staggering
Izuku's 1000000% knocked Muscular with a direct hit to the face.

While 1000000% is superior to 100% it isn't on a whole other level from it.
That's actually the most helpful answer I've gotten.

Thanks

Back