• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quantifying Tommy Oliver's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so cleaning up the Power Rangers pages is going to take some time. That said, I'd like some help quantifying Tommy's stats. Let me state off the bat that I do not want to use power scaling because that led to huge levels of wank and Tommy getting rated at galaxy-level which is just lolnope.

Below is a link to the Death Battle between Tommy the White Ranger and Zechs the pilot of the Gundam Epyon. If you go to about 3:50 you'll see a scene of Tommy knocking a man through a chain-link fence by flicking a baseball at him with his finger-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYhkwVJbcY

Now unlike Death Battle I don't want to assume all Ranger powers are equal. Because they're not. For example, the car-lifting feat of SPD Green Ranger Bridge Carson referenced in the Death Battle and used to scale to Tommy... only applies to Bridge Carson according to the PR wikia-

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Bridge_Carso

So yeah. When I have the time I want to go through the original series and find actual feats to quantify strength, speed and durability. But for right now that's the only superhuman feat that I recalled off the top of my head.

Can anyone calc the strength needed to push a man through a metal fence with a finger-flicked baseball?

I will personally say this.

I agree with the getting rid of the planet stats, and can see why you would get rid of Galaxy Level, but the Star-Solar System level ones are completely valid and should be used for the Black Dino Ranger, as he is stronger than the other Dino Rangers, who in Super Dino Mode matched the SPD S.W.A.T. Mode, which in turn defeated a guy who destroyed Alpha Centauri. It's stated right in the show that he did, no assumptions.

However, for MMPR, Zeo & Turbo, I would be willing to help you find appropriate feats for the Rangers.

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread. If it was up to me I wouldn't let you anywhere near Power Rangers pages. You've been caught wanking to absurd levels and I will not continue to tolerate your asinine attempts to buff street-levelers to cosmic levels.

Your island, planet, and large planet level feats didn't exist without scaling off of magic hax. And watching the episodes proved them to not be remotely close to how the NarutoForums calcs and claims portrayed them. 1 point against you (well at least three, but whatever).

Your galaxy level feats didn't exist without scaling off of a non-existent feat. Watching the episode proved it to not be remotely close to how it was presented. 2 points against you.

And now this nonsense about destroying Alpha Centauri. Within the first 10 seconds of the episode: "He left Alpha Centauri in ruins." -Anubis Cruger

Is that your star-busting feat? How do you leave stars in ruins? The context is that the villain in question, Bork, is a space criminal. Then the Rangers talk to each other: "I heard Bork is wanted on like a bajillion planets." "Oh really, that many?" "Ok... maybe only like, ten planets." Do I need to explain why your star-busting feat is bullshit? He ransacked some planets, he didn't destroy a star system.

3 points against you. I want you to stop. I'm not a mod or admin, but I would absolutely keep you out of any future Power Rangers discussions based on the fact that you want to keep perpetuating false information copy & pasted from NarutoForums. You've been called out for this several times now. No amount of debunking I do discourages your persistence.

If you want to keep spamming your "A beat B who beat C who totally did X, Y and Z true story which means A is multi-dimension level" lies then please do it somewhere else. I'm cleaning up your over-inflated pages. You've done enough damage, stop embarrassing yourself and inhibiting the effort to fix the Power Rangers pages. I have my work cut out for me going through seasons of Power Rangers as it is, plus a full time job, a military career, and a YouTube channel I'm working on.

I don't want to come off as a self-important prick, but if I do then it's because you're pissing me off and I'll own that. It's annoying. You are a serial wanker at this point. If you think I'm out of line then appeal to the mods or admins. I'm sure my tone will be called rude and excessive. But considering I single-handedly debunked a landfill of garbage stats, calcs and unfounded claims that until recently gave Power Rangers a shot against Pre-Crisis Superman, I think it's understandable whether appropriate or not. I will not repeat myself, I do not want to have to keep digging up episodes and watching them in full because you want to keep playing this game. Quite frankly nobody else should have to keep fact-checking you either with a confirmed record now of misrepresentation. It's not fair to me or anyone else. Stop trying to save face, move on, and let this place fix the Power Rangers pages.

Oh, and no thank you.

OK.

I'll be leaving this site forever now so you won't have to deal with me anymore so see ya.

This is the best B-Day present I've ever gotten. I'm gonna save this.

Pikachu942 said:
OK.
I'll be leaving this site forever now so you won't have to deal with me anymore so see ya.

This is the best B-Day present I've ever gotten. I'm gonna save this.
don't leave bro nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I obviously think that Iustitia makes perfect sense regarding the statistics themselves, and greatly appreciate his help with cleaning up the Transformers and Power Rangers pages.

Iustitia also has a point regarding that Pikachu has a history of enormously boosting both the Power Rangers and My Little Pony franchises beyond what is logically warranted (possibly others, but those are the ones that I know of), which technically counts as vandalism.

However, on the other hand Pikachu has always been a well-behaved contributor, so I would appreciate if you simply prove him wrong without insulting him. That is all it takes to get the pages changed. Thank you.

I don't mind the downgrade, Ant. I'm just thinking that Lustitia could have responded differently here to Pika.

Yup. Pikachu admittedly has a very bad track record regarding profile accuracy, but he has always been nice and friendly.

However, Iustitia has very good judgement, is very thorough, and makes excellently referenced profiles. We need his help to clean up inaccuracies.

Antvasima said:
Yup. Pikachu admittedly has a very bad track record regarding profile accuracy, but he has always been nice and friendly.
That is true. Still even if it's true on Pika's actions on making profiles accurate, he really didn't deserve a long, 3-5 or more paragraph full of hate yo.

Well, Iustitia is a very logical person. Highly logical people tend to have very little patience for complete lack of common sense. Still, we have now told him that he should try to be more polite in the future.

Antvasima said:
Well, Iustitia is a very logical person. Highly logical people tend to have very little patience for complete lack of common sense. Still, we have now told him that he should try to be more polite in the future.
Well alright then.

I apologise for being a prick, my reasons for which I was honest about. I don't know Pikachu as a person and make no claims of his true character. As for these Power Rangers pages, he knowingly inflated rankings by pasting stats from another site without first scrutinizing them, then when debunked one by one he continued to cling to whatever he could.

While my words were harsh I'd like to remind everyone of this topic where he created outrageous stats for Power Rangers:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/145059

Here I debunk them one by one which I remind everyone resulted in virtually everyone except him accepting downgrades to sane levels:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/170914

I don't want to appear self-important, but more or less I had to be the one to appeal the site and to reason for why un-morphed Power Rangers (so, teenagers) weren't island level and why morphed rangers weren't planet to galaxy level. And now fast forward to here, after the arduous task of rebutting a list of what cannot be denied as wank, he showed up again with another feat that supposedly happened but didn't that would've kept Power Rangers at star level.

There was a reason I made a new topic, with a specific purpose, to quantify how superhuman Tommy Oliver is, not to get bogged down in more claims from someone with a vested interest in - as was said above - vandalism of the very pages I wanted to fix. I didn't make this topic for him to keep debating that Tommy Oliver can destroy celestial bodies.

And while I could have ignored him or simply said "I disagree and here's why because of what the episode said..." I desired to make clear my lack of desire to keep going back and forth on a settled matter he refused to let go.

So if it's cool with everyone, I was a prick, but I'd like to get back to fixing Power Rangers pages. Can anyone help quantify the feat in the opening post?

Okay. Iustitia has apologised, and will try to strictly be matter of fact analytical in the future, so I think that we can put this behind us and focus on the considerably more important topic of adjusting the PR pages to turn more accurate.

Well Alright. I mean i get that lustitia was honest but once again, and i'll say it for the last time, that was really harsh.

• Coughs* Anyways yeah @lustita, wherever you put the PR's at to where they should logically be i have no problems with.

I would just like to point out (again) I wasn't the ones who made MLP Star Level, I made them exactly where they were with Rainbow Power being arguably Country Level, then people showed me the calculations for the stats which I didn't agree with as directly destructive and I decided to add them. We're adding them back as an extra thing for hax specifically anyways so the stats were basically right all along.

Also, what Prime wasn't really an apology and just a continued rant on me but whatever, I'll leave it alone.

MeruemNYC22 said:
Can you also make more power ranger pages seeing as how Pikachu is no longer on the job? Thank you.
I'm currently trying to get some better baseline stats for the original Mighty Morphin crew. That's basically why I made this topic. I figured knocking a man through a metal fence by finger-flicking a baseball at him might tell us just how superhuman rangers are. Unlike Death Battle I don't want to make stats up for them; I'd like to try.

However, absolutely, I will make more pages. Though I'd specifically like to make more for the zords which are the main reason Power Rangers rock to begin with. I just made a page for the White Tigerzord, plan on making a Dragonzord page soon, and I'm shocked there isn't one for the original Megazord. But then Voltron doesn't have a page either. Like, wut?

I would prefer if you start with adjusting the existing pages to closely match Tommy's current level. They look extremely out of place othervise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back