• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
Except Toph is a person who when fighting Pyrrha does not use the semblance spam and uses her weapons instead.
Yes Pyrha semblance spams constantly against people, she is just extremely subtle about it
Crushing your opponent into a ball of metal is not subtle.

@Weekly and Toph can just get out of the magnetism by just metal bending out and restraining her with earth if she wants to.

and she rarely uses it to kill, that one part with Penny was a complete accident on her end since she was hallucinating

WeeklyBattles said:
When trying to kill the opponent Pyrrha doesnt use her semblance subtly
Trying to kill =/= Willing to kill.

must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

This is literally the only part that changes. She's not bloodlusted, going for the kill immediately. She's just going to be alright with killing Toph if she has to in order to win. She's definitely not going to start off with an instantly lethal move.

wow, throwing a weapon at an enemy that's easy to telegraph, especially for someone who can sense earth in the air and can just bend the metal to either break the weapon and incapacitating her opponent. That's gonna be tough for Toph to get out of.

@Dragon RWBY characters in general use attacks that are lethal against each other on a regular basis but theyre protected by their aura so theyre not killed. Toph doesnt have aura, pyrrha will be attacking her normally and would kill her on accident thinking Toph has aura.

Ooh, that fight scene was good. Thanks again Weekly.

I don't think the crushing would kill Toph for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, she can call Earth to protect her. Secondly, she can dig a hole nigh instantly for herself and just pop out elsewhere. Thirdly, she can punch through said metal. Lastly, where in New York are they fighting? Because if it's central park there may not even be that level of metal around to manipulate. Unless the benches or something are made of metal. Or Pyrrha can manipulate the metal underground.

Also, that arrow goinig through her shield was amazing.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Glass Still havent seen Toph reacting to metal projectiles
She reacted to the Dai Li shooting earth projectiles multiple times, and she can sense the earth inside Pyrrha's armor and weapons.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon RWBY characters in general use attacks that are lethal against each other on a regular basis but theyre protected by their aura so theyre not killed. Toph doesnt have aura, pyrrha will be attacking her normally and would kill her on accident thinking Toph has aura.
That's true, but I wasn't disagreeing with that. I was disagreeing with Pyrrha starting off with metal crush.

She reacted to the Dai Li shooting earth projectiles multiple times, and she can sense the earth inside Pyrrha's armor and weapons.

Is Legend of Korra acceptable? Since the police force created by Toph uses metal cables as projectiles, multiple benders use metal shards as projectiles and her twin grandsons created a sport based off it.

@Linetric theyre in Central Park and there are hundreds of metal benches and lampposts around the park that Pyrrha can use

@Regis I mean, she hardly has any difference between her young and adult self aside from more experience, so I don't see why her adult form can't be used.

Theglassman12 said:
@Regis I mean, she hardly has any difference between her young and adult self aside from more experience, so I don't see why her adult form can't be used.
I wasn't implying anything, just wondering whether LoK examples where metal projectiles were used would count, since Weekly was looking for examples.

Even if that's taken as legit thats something that would only scale to her older self and to the people she ended up teaching metalbending to after she herself became considerably more skilled with it. There is a considerable difference in the way to[h uses metalbending even in the few times she uses it when she's older. Her younger self uses it very crudely and basically just brute forces it, her older self was able to split open and then reform a metal wall seamlessly without having to physically break the metal she was bending.

Stop

Matching

My

Favourite

Characters

My heart can't take it.

Honestly, since both of them have Polarity/Metal Manipulation, the point should be mooted, except that Pyrrha is the one who is wearing initial metal, while Toph has to physically cover herself manually. Whether or not Pyrrhas semblance can repel this action is up in the air.

Im honestly inconcusive unless someone can provide an actual edge in the characters' favour.

Adult Toph is sort of a stomp. Older Toph basically has planetary Vision as long as her feet are touching Earth. She can see her family, republic city, ect.

So, the fight should stay be between younger Toph and Pyrrha.

Toph buries Pyrrha pretty quickly. The argument over polarity vs metalbending is practically irrelevant since Toph goes for earth first. The only times metalbending was led with was when the terrain was metal. The question about metal projectiles is also pointless as Toph can sense vibrations and can tell where its going unless Pyrrha is shooting from mid air.

@Blank even if she was mid air, she'd sense her since she can sense earth that's not on the ground, and almost every form of metal has some components of earth in them.

Eh, who cares? Not like Pyrrha shoots from the air that often or would even know that attacking from the air is probably one of the better tactics she could (should) go for.

True tbh. Toph has the ground manipulation which can pretty easily much Pyrrha up rather than just metal bending, plus being able to sense all of her weapons, and even trick shots with her polarity, but if Toph gets hit once, then its basically game over, though she barely does get hit thanks to her extreme enhanced senses. Pyrrha hasn't got much left power wise other than the polarity which nulls with Toph's Metalbending at best, and her insane defence can pretty much protect her from anything far range

Leaning towards Toph a bit now, what has Pyrrha got to her advantage? Cause i'd say skill wise they're about the same.

I dont think Toph will be able to dodge bullets constantly. So pyrrha should end up landing hits more likely than not. Tho seismic sense would help.

Tophs combat style is firm and stiff. Which would help in keeping the fight long ranged, but pyrrhas reflexes are very fast in close combat. Their fighting style is totally different. So, pyrrha should win in close range more likely than not. IMO, tophs only option is rock armor.

The main difference is leverage of aura I suppose. Toph cant afford to get cut or take a bullet even once. Since rwby characters in character shoots at vital spots without worries. While pyrrha can afford taking a few hits from toph and find a way to land hits.

I think toph has answer to almost everything pyrrha can offer but, in close combat, I see pyrrha winning here more often than not.

WeeklyBattles said:
Toph has never offensively used metal bending other than moving metal and making metal armor
Legend of Korra: Am I a joke to you?

Toph trained an entire police force of offensive metalbending users and was described as being the progenitor of the art, which includes very much offensive metalbenders such as Kuvira.

RegisNex1232 said:
Toph did the training for the metalbenders, not Korra.
I have no idea how I managed to typo an entire person's name.

I meant Toph.

Back