• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Christian_Higdon

Joke Battles
Thread Moderator
Speed is equalized.

Both are in-character.

Both have all their weapons.

Battle is in New York.

Win via KO, incap or death.

Who wins?

Pyro: 2

Wade: 1

Inconclusive: 0

PyroRender
Deadpool FOX TR2

What's Pyro's counter to Deadpool's Regen? All I can think of is the Third Degree, which "cuts at a molecular level", and that technically screws up DP's High Mid so hard he can't melee at all.

Pyro should take this via that, Maneuverability, and extremely better mid to close range advantages

Yes.

Pyro has weapons like Scorch Shot, that can heavily disorient opponents via knockback, allowing him to close the distance, and objects like the jetpack and the Detonator which allows him to easily close the gap in case DP's too far, as well limited invulnerability with stat amping via the phlog.

Deadpool can definitely take this via maintaining the distance and peppering him with bullets, but given his combat style, that's pretty unlikely in character.

So basically Pyro's win condition is a melee weapon? In that case, I vote Deadpool. The two are gonna end up fighting in close quarters with their melee weapons, and I'm willing to bet Deadpool is better with his swords than Pyro is with his Third Degree. Sure, Deadpool's regen will be ignored, but it's not like he's incompetent without it, and is more likely to win the melee fight.

It's not like Pyro is a trained mercenary and one of the best serving in his world whose speciality is his effectiveness in close range, with his chilling effectiveness and demeanour making even his own teammates fear him. And it's not like Pyro has a flamethrower, a shotgun, and stats amping at his disposal.

Pretty sure being burnt to ashes will bypass DP's regen + IIRC it's not even combat-applicable. It took him a couple of hours to regen a hand, I think.

Zark2099 said:
It's not like Pyro is a trained mercenary and one of the best serving in his world whose speciality is his effectiveness in close range, with his chilling effectiveness and demeanour making even his own teammates fear him. And it's not like Pyro has a flamethrower, a shotgun, and stats amping at his disposal.
Pyro specialty is his flamethrower, not his Third Degree. His demeanour is irrelevent. His flamethrower and shotgun won't do anything here, Deadpool will easily regenerate.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Pretty sure being burnt to ashes will bypass DP's regen + IIRC it's not even combat-applicable. It took him a couple of hours to regen a hand, I think.
Well, you're wrong. On both accounts.

Sptflcrw said:
Well, you're wrong. On both accounts.
Oh am I?

Deadpool's regen

• High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of your body, such as your severed head, a single organ, or a finger.
What DP would need to regen from Ashes is two levels higher

• Mid-High: The ability to regenerate from being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, or vapor.
Please actually look at the regen page next time.

As for my other point, can you provide proof it is combat applicable? Do we have clear timeframes on his regen?

lol a flamethrower isn't going to reduce anyone to literal ashes, not to mention his suit is fireproof. Deadpool's regen is able to regrow his arm within seconds, it's combat applicable.

• Fire won't reduce someone to ashes
No comment

• Deadpool's regen is able to regrow his arm within seconds
Execpt it can't. It took at least an hour to fully regrow just his hand in the first movie

You don't think you can just set a person on fire to reduce them to ashes, right? The fire needs a fuel source, and Pyro isn't gonna just have the flamethrower blasting Deadpool for extended periods of time. And are you really telling me the guy who survived this and this is gonna be killed by a flamethrower? Not to mention Deadpool's suit is fireproof. He survives being ******* impaled and regens shortly after.

1. Yes actually, a person set a flame will eventually be reduced to ashes as they eventually become the fuel for the flame.
  2. Why wouldn't he? The better argument would be DP would attempt to avoid being blasted for extended periods.
  3. Fisrt: We have no idea what state DP regened from in the first pic. Secondly: That explosion didn't reduce DP to ashes. So yes a sustained burn on DP will eventually kill him.
  4. Nothing on the profile suggests this
  5. And? People can heal minor impalements but can't regrow a hand that's choped off. One is just regrowing tissue, the other is regrowing tissue and bone.

Human flesh is terrible fuel, it'll eventually fizzle out if that's all it has.

Do you really think Deadpool is just gonna ******* stand there and let Pyro blast him?

He was trapped under that burning building all night, and he was fine.

I'm too lazy to find the scene where it's mentioned, so I'll give you that for now.

"Minor?" He had a whole damn crowbar shoved though his chest, how is that minor? Deadpool also had his spine shattered and it healed in less than a minute.

1. That's true. Too much water.
  2. No, obviously not, but if Pyro were to say, chop off a leg or two it wouldn't be particulaly hard
  3. He regened from an unknown amount of damage. He certianly wasn't fine.
  4. Yeah alright.
  5. I didn't mean DP exactly, my point was regening impalement is easier then regening limb loss. And a damaged spine isn't equal to say a removed spine.

Phlogistinator, that one beam throwing secondary, and the Third Degree can reduce someone to ash, or whatever those orange particles symbolize.

Do you think Deadpool is going to dodge literally every attack from Pyro when he himself is confident in his ability to regen and doesn't know he's being ****** over completely?

Don't see your point with the burning building.. a flamethrower isn't exactly comparable with the intensity of normal flames in the slightest, due to using different fuel sources

Impalement =/= Limb loss, as any doctor will tell ya. Tears can definitely grow back, an entire section of the body doesn't, and wasn't Deadpool out of commission for a day when he lost his hand?

Most TF2 mercenaries have experience and speciality in every weapon they own. This can be seen with Pyro, Soldier, Heavy, Sniper and the Spy. If you were to say "Oh, Engineer and Medic aren't experts in all their arsenal", I'd buy that, but the Pyro literally shows expertise in every single weapon he owns in his Meet the Team video... and many more instances in the comics, which I'm too lazy to list.

Zark2099 said:
Phlogistinator, that one beam throwing secondary, and the Third Degree can reduce someone to ash, or whatever those orange particles symbolize.
Do you think Deadpool is going to dodge literally every attack from Pyro when he himself is confident in his ability to regen and doesn't know he's being ****** over completely?

Don't see your point with the burning building.. a flamethrower isn't exactly comparable with the intensity of normal flames in the slightest, due to using different fuel sources

Impalement =/= Limb loss, as any doctor will tell ya. Tears can definitely grow back, an entire section of the body doesn't, and wasn't Deadpool out of commission for a day when he lost his hand? Most TF2 mercenaries have experience and speciality in every weapon they own. This can be seen with Pyro, Soldier, Heavy, Sniper and the Spy. If you were to say "Oh, Engineer and Medic aren't experts in all their arsenal", I'd buy that, but the Pyro literally shows expertise in every single weapon he owns in his Meet the Team video... and many more instances in the comics, which I'm too lazy to list.
Show me a clip of this.

Yes, I do. Deadpool, while confident in his regen, doesn't take hits if he doesn't have too.

Again, he regenerated his shattered spine in a few seconds, anything other than Third Degree won't do much.

Again, I'm not saying Pyro isn't skilled. He's just not as experienced or skilled with his Third Degree as Deadpool is with his swords.

Literally go to the wiki page and see the kill animation of the Phlog. I'm not gonna look up clips for what can be so easily found.

Clarification, Do you think Deadpool's gonna dodge every attack?

Nothing would do much, except axes, shotgun shells and flamethrowers. Deadpool still feels pain, and takes a few seconds to regen from bulletholes.

How long has Deadpool been using katanas? He's had them for like, a few years tops, right? Pyro has beaten a guy with his weapons who destroyed an entire Soviet gulag by himself as a teen and destroyed an army of the world's best mercenaries by himself. I don't think Deadpool has a comparable feat...

I'm not gonna look for clips to provide evidence for your claim.

Every attack? No. Most attacks? Yes.

Axes, shotguns, and flamethrowers aren't going to do shit against someone who can regenerate their shattered spine in seconds. Deadpool feels pain, yes, but he doesn't care about, nor react to it. You're only helping my case, you just admitted he could regenerate from Pyro's attacks apart from Third Degree in a few seconds.

The dude is a special forces operative, mercenary and vigilante who has several years of experience, and managed to take down an entire military corporation all by himself. Did Pyro do these things with his flamethrower, or with the Third Degree?

15 hours of grace left. Seeing as this happens to be relatively uncontroversial, I'll be adding this thread

FYI the grace period doesn't exactly matter when the match-up was so uncontroversial and a sufficient amount of time was given to the match.

Anyhow, grace over, match added to respective profile

Zark2099 said:
FYI the grace period doesn't exactly matter when the match-up was so uncontroversial and a sufficient amount of time was given to the match.
Anyhow, grace over, match added to respective profile
Dude, it doesn't matter how uncontroversial it is, grace is there for a reason.

Back