• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Updates + Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Additions

- Power Bestowal: as a basic magical girl ability. (Yachiyo Nanami, Tamaki Iroha, and two other magical girls all give their magic to Felicia; the Kazumi cast do the same to recreate Kazumi Subaru.

- Kyubey should gain Astral Projection (In Magia Record, a baby QB goes into the minds of two of the Magius to give them back their memories.)

Updates
- The Magical Girls in Kamihara are confirmed not to be Crystallized Magical Girls.

- Holy Mami is confirmed to be a Rumor + Magical Girl fusion not a Crystallized Magical Girl. So we should remove the CMG abilities and give her the basic Rumor abilities.

Downgrades
- Under the current rules for Infinite speed, UKG's base speed is no longer applicable for Infinite. So she's going back to Sub-Rel, we should also add her Resistance to Time Manipulation (Never added due to redundancy from her Infinite speed.) She should also have her Abstract Existence and Immortality (Type 9) removed until we get more information about her.

Well, i think that the UGK stuff is Nonexistent Physiology. She can exist in the non-existent Multiverse of Witches, and her body can manifest in a non-existent place.

ArceusBowser44 said:
Well, i think that the UGK stuff is Nonexistent Physiology. She can exist in the non-existent Multiverse of Witches, and her body can manifest in a non-existent place.
She already has that.

Truth be told, it's barely a downgrade due to her NP being pretty good

Count me in.

Btw what about the intangibility thing? Does AI-san count as intangible due to literally being a software/data?

Alright, that would give MGs the ability to hit intangible beings as she was defeated in combat

@RK Yes, but she was defeated within the Denpa world no? It complicates things since technically the MGs became data (And thus, we don't know if they would be able to interact with her normally) as well.

Yeah she was, but I don't remember the MG being explicitly said to have become data too (tbf I read it months ago, so I might have forgotten). Also wasn't Alina capable of freely interact with the Denpa world or was it another nearby barrier? Idk if that would scale to the others due to her powers tho

I don't think the MG became Data when they entered the Denpa World. It just they need a specific way to enter it.

Also, Wouldn't this make the Rumor 5-B?

"Iroha: This is where Ai-san is...I wonder if we dissolved into the radio waves...'

Madoka: Rumors are amazing, aren't they? It really did become real.

Homura: Yeah, I can't believe it... Tamaki-san, is this the same experience as you've had up until now? I roha: I guess it is, but... it's the first time I've gone into a space this strange... (Somewhere in this place...is Ai-san and Sana-chan...)"

Nah, the Denpa World wasn't actually made by Ai-san, its the radio waves of the world. However, her range basically is Planetary.

Also Madoka's comment was because that's the first Rumor she encountered, and is amazed that the rumor itself became real

No? The fact that she's questioning what just happened to her body is pretty clearly implying something changed. Espically when in the next sentence Madoka confirms the rumor became real.

Then there is the fact that the Denpa Girl is Sana, who we already know was intangible/radio waves who would try talking to the main cast, meaning we already know the Denpa World changes people.

But Genki isn't wrong tho, that as the first rumor she'd ever encounter.

I could try try to gather more evidence, but it already 2 P.M in here.

So...Off to bed.

I mean, even if the Madoka part doesn't refer to them transforming, we already got confirmation thanks to Sana that they become radio waves. There is no way to reasonably say magical girls can hit intangibles for now using this fight.

Also I'm starting to read Tart's Event story, might put in a few additions.

The name doesn't mean anything, don't worry about that. But... some of the additions have to do with time, and perhaps, another Tier 4 feat some abilities for Corbeau, of all things.

So uh, here's the rundown of what happened:

Corbeau made a grimoire explaining Magic and Curses, and one of the spells she made was a pair of candles that would basically make the inflicted create a Dream Barrier (So many kinds of barriers) where everything goes wrong. The candles would also absorb everyone near it (The entire city of Kamihama, including witches) and merely stating its a false reality would immediately absorb you completely. The plan was to make Tart despair. It originally failed, however, literally centuries later Mitama discovered the candles and unknowingly gave them to Iroha and Yachiyo, and in doing so, restarts her plan literally affecting Tart from the future. However, Tart is so powerful that her despair begins affecting the false France and the future (Preventing the Earth's day and night cycle from happening).

Summary of Additions:

Corbeau:

Attack Potency: Country level with Dream Manipulation and Pocket Reality Manipulation (Created a Dream reality of France.)

Abilities: Dream Manipulation, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Summoning (Summons thousands of Knight-familiars, likely due to her understanding of Curses), Absorption (The Dream barrier would absorb the person completely if they realize it is a fake world.), Curse Manipulation, BFR, and Time Manipulation (Her spells could affect people from the past and drag people from the future. Can create Time Paradoxes.)

Range: Several dozens of kilometers with BFR, several thousands of kilometers with Pocket Reality Manipulation, Multi-Continental across time with Dream Manipulation (The spell affected Tart who was in medieval France while Iroha and Yachiyo were in modern Japan.)

Tart:

Abilities: Darkness Manipulation (Would unwillingly affect her Dream France by surrounding it with Darkness), Time Manipulation.

Range: Several thousands of kilometers with Darkness Manipulation, can reach Planetary and across time.

Legitimately, the stops the Earth from moving part sounds like an outlier.

Maybe, although then again, she is affecting them through time manipulation to begin with. Sounds more like time manipulation overall.

That's the only downgrade for now, sorry @Antorus

@Kal yeah, that's why I think it might be time manipulation (That and the fact that it's well beyond Tart's AP threshold and she would already gain time manipulation from it.)

Given the size of the event, they were mostly summaries rather than direct translations (Except for the last chapter, somewhere in the high 30s), I'll try seeing if there is a direct translation.

The Tart in the event is just the regular Tart. @Homu Hence why it is probably an outlier.

@Kal I can't find one. For now, we can put that specific part on hold til a full translation comes out.

I'm not only talking about Tart event tho.

Also, given Corbeau range, wouldn't she straight up become High 6-A (maybe not High 6-A)? Despite located at different point of time, she can creates pocket Reality that covered two countries. Maybe we can calc it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back