• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi misc revisions 3

Were the doppel abilities added yet?

Also, apparently given that Madoka had tried her best to put down UKG but everything other than law manip's last effect worked, we can add a resistance to nearly all of her offensive abilities. I'm really doubtful about this, but that's what I understand from the reasoning behind EOM's resistance to power null. I tend to be overly conservative, or at least I think I do, so I'll let you guys decide.

Didn't Kal already give his green light regarding Doppel for gretchen? Why don't you stop being lazy and add it yourself, SD?

On other hand, what do you think about the Wraiths conceptual resistance to Curse Manip I proposed above?

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Didn't Kal already give his green light regarding Doppel for gretchen? Why don't you stop being lazy and add it yourself, SD?
On other hand, what do you think about the Wraiths conceptual resistance to Curse Manip I proposed above?
Would there need to be a seperate thread for the Doppel stuff for UKG?

Or can it just be added to the UKG additions section?

I mean, its under the same reasoning as any witch. I'll add it now ig.Though the second part of my comment is probably just as important.

Not sure about the conceptual level resistance only.

I don't really know the term for it, but its basically always active, but its not really? Unlike thoughts which require time to process, the two abilities activate the moment their conditions are met.

Not exactly passive, but far better than thought based.

It was pointed out to me that apparently, we assume Kyoko's dupes can't attack?
Tumblr inline ocgc6jjlR31raccls 500
Well...

What? In the scan I posted a while back proving she can create at least 14 clones all of them were using scorpion spear.

I mean, it's right there in the profile.

Edit: I also agree with the explaining section for Madoka and UKG so I don't have to ask everytime what passives do they have as I forget them

Forgot to say before, I agree with giving them resistances to all their abilities as it only makes sense or else they won't be still fighting

RKGenki said:
Bump
I know kal isn't here, but does anyone else agree with the resistances?
Eh, saying that they should have resistances to all their abilities otherwise the wouldn't be still fighting would imply that any of their (Newly added) abilities could kill/incapacitate the other.

If I'm reading into it wrong, please correct me.

Well, all of their abilities are upscaled to 2-A, so saying they won't work without them resisting seems iffy

Especially considering they are both nigh omniscient, so if something worked they would have used it right away

RKGenki said:
Well, all of their abilities are upscaled to 2-A, so saying they won't work without them resisting seems iffy
Especially considering they are both nigh-omniscient, so if something worked they would have used it right away
Nah, I'm saying that none of the new abilities that have been added within this new upgrade could kill/incapacitate UKG and/or Godokami and they couldn't kill each other with them even if they don't resist them.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
I just realized.
Their resistances got upscaled:

Mind Manip, Life absorption, power null.

All the resistances that Homura lol noped.
Homu gets upgraded for doing nothing?

She truly is the new Lucemo

On mind manip part, Homura actually ignores Madoka 2 layers of resistances: Magical girl resistance to witch kiss which got upscaled to her level, and her own resistance to Gretchen conceptual despair inducement curse which can mind control.

@holy

There are so many ways to incap in this upgrade it's not even funny

It's safe to say they should resist them, or else they woukd have used such abilities

RKGenki said:
@holy
There are so many ways to incap in this upgrade it's not even funny

It's safe to say they should resist them, or else they woukd have used such abilities
If so, then I agree with the resistances.

If Kal and SD gives their green light, I will agree.

Also, can you post some the untranslated production notes here? I think I will give it a try translating them myself.

@Homu in the discussion thread on the op there's a link to the production notes for rebellion.

Be wary that if you're going to use an ocr it'll often fail to get the words right

Now I'm not at home so I can't tell you which ones I alreasy tried

In the translation thread I posted a while back a section from the page with Madoka with a Bebe face/Bebe with Madoka hairstyle

Okay, things that still need to be discussed:

UKG getting a resistance to virtually everything Ultimate Madoka has.

The addition of a "Passive" section for the abilities that UKG has in the Notable Attacks and Abilities.

Resistance to Time Manipulation from Iroha's sister. Resistance to Empathic Manipulation from Ayaka. Paint Manipulation from Alina. Though it could be easier to just say UKG has every witch's or Doppel witch's abilities (except for Rebellion Homulily).

@SD about the resistances now we're waiting for Kal to come back and give his opinion, the others seem to agree

For the passive section I already said I agree, gonna post there an updated version of the one you posted before that I posted in some matchups

Btw may I ask where does Alina have paint manip? Her wish was "I want an area where nobody can disturb me" an her power is to create "barriers" which are similar to the witches' pocket realities. The mg that seems to have paint manip is Kozue Mayu (I mean, she uses a giant paintbrush ovo)

He's not coming back til Easter.

I think it was in Holy Mami's side story or one of her attacks.

I know, we have to wait

Thinking about it, it probably was from her doppel, but surely not from her basic attacks, at least gameplay wise (well, I have her in the game so I know her moveset well enough, sadly I don't have the doppel unlecked yet)

-Passive: Poison Manipulation, Holy manipulation (destroys you based on your sins, with an absurd level of morality), Fate Manipulation (prevents her from dying, possibly works on 4-D scale acausals), Invisibility, intangibility, non corporeality, limited luck manipulation (she has good luck granted from a mg who wished to win the lottery to save her grandfather's restaurant), constant growth (up to te size of at least two infinite multiverses, with all her abilities upscaled to her level), curse manipulation (fills you with despair, possessing and altering mind, body and soul, turning you into the Avatar of Calamity), possibly others

- always active: Power Nullification (Eye-Based), unaffected by any physical phenomena including time, possibly others

Feel free to edit this, I might have missed something/ wrote things wrongly

SomebodyData said:
I don't really know the term for it, but its basically always active, but its not really? Unlike thoughts which require time to process, the two abilities activate the moment their conditions are met.

Not exactly passive, but far better than thought based.
That's passive though. It just needs to meet a specific condition.

Anyway the stuff in the summary looks good.

As for UKG it's probably safe to assume that Madoka would try to use other stuff.

I mean she is a nigh-omniscient being whose sole purpose is obliterating UKG.

Well we need to define what UKG actually needs to resist first.

Out of the top of my head, no resistance to BFR because her range already counters that for example.

Well that's a bit hard to pin down

I'd say at least all the passives and everything that might incap that's not already countered by something else (like the example you gave), for the rest I dunno

I suppose that it could work yeah.

Btw just adding the stuff proposed here.

Basically Tart's Magia inflicts curse manipulation on herself, not the opponent.

Also Tiro Finale temporarily lowers Mami's dura.

Back