• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But SD said Sayaka is likely a Crystallized Magical Girl like Homura. And he said that is the reason why she was able break out Homillily mind manip. And Sayaka resistance is likely scale to Homura who can overwrite her own Memories in the Wraith Arc.

SomebodyData said:
That's technically correct, but I was referring to crystalized magical girls.

As in, what Madoka also is.
Sayaka's resistance doesn't scale to Homura anyway. It could be due to her condition as the LoC assistant

SomebodyData said:
As a failsafe, if Madoka were to be affected, Naigsa had Madoka's memories, and Sayaka had Madoka's powers as replicas of sorts.

Guess what kind of magical girl has memory based powers, and has an unconventional power drain resistance.
But Homura also has something that connected her to Madoka. I don't think Madoka would treat them differently.
03ggg
This.

@Homu no it isn't. (Referring to the scaling of the memory manip in WA)

Also, I never said Sayaka was a crystallized magical girl. What I said is that Nagisa and Sayaka, having been given Madoka's powers and memories respectively, would be part of the power drain resistance crystalized magical girls have. Ie, they would be temporarily affected, but the memories would come back.

I'm still lost regarding your explanation about sayaka and Nagisa being a part of PD resistance for CMG. Altho I'm curious, how potent is the PD resistance actally?

It's not "potent" since it's not a degree of resistance. Think of it more as a lope hole. Ie, say you have 2-A draining (Like Homu) or regular draining, it wouldn't matter, either the power would possess you or manifest itself, making it escape. Same with memory manip since that's related to the power of a CMG.

Let's just say that Homura fights Luke Skywalker and he mindscrew Homura. From your explanation, it seems Homura will still be affected by the ir but will break out eventually, am I right?

Well, no, Luke doesn't mess with memories from what I know. But maybe her natural resistance would prevent it (idk what the potency of his mind manip is)

Since AoC has potentially access to all of magia record's memoria, wouldn't it be useful to at least add a link to his page to a blog/magia record's wiki's page (don't know if is allowed to link to other wikis) about the status boost and resistances/immunities they give?

Hmm not saying you guys should stop but I've lately been having a worrying feeling that Memoria (In the way we see them) may be game mechanics, just because it completely contradicts what Homura had. But we'll see.

@Velo In Magia Record, they are crystallized memories that give magical girls additional abilities.

@Kal in terms of scale of the abilities and how many there are given, yes actually.

@Homu it was destroyed by Madoka and Homura, so less than Low 5-B ish, but thats all we know.

I mean, technically every Homuras in Multiverse has time manip ability. I think it wouldn't be far fetched if they have same kind of resistance too. Homura Tamura is directly connected to the main series after all.

Well not every

Although the issue isn't necessarily that it would be exclusive to the Bar Akemi's for no reason, as a reminder, Tamura got her shield replaced, and likely so did the rest.

@SD

Actually, we see Homura gaining a single new power based on a single memory, so that's consistent.

The scale being different isn't necessarily inconsistent, it could simply means that it varies.

On a single memory?

Varies to such a massive degree? And no one else has gotten to Homura's degree.

Remember her feelings for Madoka (it was that I think) -> Smiting

I mean, magical girls do vary in power to a massive degree.

Btw Kyubey's forcefield should be 7-B as an absolute minimum given that it could contain Homulilly. So between 7-B and Low 5-B I guess

I wonder if we should gives Kyubey some resistance to Mind manip due resisting Witch Kiss on daily basis.

Btw, Can someone add Kyubey win against Combined Human to his profile?

First one, no, pretty sure that witches don't try to mindscrew him.

Second one, sure

Just realized something, shouldn't we updated the scaling system in the series since rating 6 is listed as "Likely 6-C" now?

Like Mami 4.5 rating becomes solid 7-A or likely/possibly 7-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back