• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting here some useful links to interviews, magazines and stuff (including untranslated stuff that seems important)

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2014-02

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2014-01

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Animedia_2011-06#Fate_of_Magical_Girls_in_the_New_World

^here it's stated that Madoka brings the magical girls she saves to "another universe"

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Puella_...Rebellion_Story_Official_Guidebook_"Only_You"

^here it says that Madoka's powers are sealed in the dark orb and other interesting stuff, too bad that's the only translated part

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Official_Guidebook_"You_Are_Not_Alone"

In the episode 12 commentaries urobuchi says that in the last scene (and likely rebellion) Homura isn't in japan; if that's so it might imply a range upgrade for Homulilly as she dragged people inside (despite being in the isolation zone) from far away, even not considering the fact that the isolation zone is in the nonexistent multiverse it's still more than tens of kilometers due to her being outside japan

About the absorbed magical girls, i'm thinking, do we consider Portable's endings as alternate timelines?

So far the list of people that we see becoming witches on screen are:

Sayaka

Nagisa

Kazumi

Kirika

Isabeau

A girl whose name I don't remember in Suzune Magica

Also should she have the witch abilities too? I mean, Sayaka is a part of her and she is also Oktavia

Pretty sure she should have the witches' abilities, or it wouldn't make sense for LoC assistants to be able to summon other witches' familiars

It would make sense that she would have the witches' abilities, especially considering she summons Walpurgis' familiars.

Just noticed, in magi reco tiro finale has a 52.5% chance to apply bind, and doppel candeloro applies it with a 100% chance, so power null via tiro finale? Good

She can actually create threads from her standard bullets too.

In Portable she can inflict Bind by shooting

I knew about the standard bullets with thread attached (it's in different story if I recall correctly), but bind by simply hitting the enemy? Wow

So uh, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Doppel witches still have barriers, right?

Doesn't that mean that Wal is > them?

Legit question because i'm really not well informed about MagiReco

Afaik they don't have actual barriers

Right now 4 doppels appeared in the main story quests (Iroha, Tsukuyo, Alina and Holy Mami) and if I recall correctly none of them had a barrier

Btw you should start reading the translations, the most important ones are main story (obviously) and another story, after that I'd go for the special training events (also just read through kyouko's special training event, both her and mami are confirmed to have been bosted somewhere after chapter 3 or 4)

I should yeah. Sadly school is keeping me super busy lately.

Also, bullets creating strings was already implied in the anime iirc. During the battle with Gertrud.

And i just remembered that Mami has Density Manipulation for her ribbons. She said it in the fight against Kyoko

I know that feeling, I'm in the last year of high school and there's a big exam at the end

How could I forget the gertrud fight

Edit: noticed you're Italian too (let's keep talking in English, I actually prefer it)

It would be easy if it wasn't for a teacher I have who really can't explain things (and it's the main subject in an already not-so-easy school (technical institute, the subject is aeronautical construction))

Tbf I think the most interesting familiar in magi reco is the unknown witch's

Woah. Well good luck. But still, don't be worried, it's easier than what you think. I speak for experience.

.*Penguin Wraiths ovo

Ah...Those things. They hit really hard when the first time I faced them, I need to set up some defensive memoria when those thing around.

@Homu

Just level up your megucas, probably a lv 60 3 star meguca should be enough if I recall correctly my first few weeks in the game (assuming it's not long since you've started playing?)

Ugh I know the feeling, later I got lucky (got Alina with the third ticket on her banner and Rena the next day with another ticket) but the first month was so painful, luckily I had Tsuruno and awakened her to 5 star as soon as I could

If you have either her or yachiyo focus on levelling them as the games makes it easy to get them to 5 star

In the menu where you see all your magical girls, out of the four buttons on the right press the leftmost one, where you can equip materials. When you fill all six slots the button at the centre will highlight and if the meguca is at max level and you have enough money you can raise her stars/level cap

This reminds me that i still have a metric ton of stuff to add to the Memoria blog.

I only wrote down those of the main PMMM girls except Homura

Yeah there are a lot of them (and also notced that while some of them only show some megucas, the description might in some cases imply that someone else was there (for example In this one it's pretty straightforward in the lore section)

Also new doppel

"The Doppel of inclusion. Its form is an overcoat. The master of this emotion wishes to make her beautiful friendship into something that will last for eternity. This Doppel answered her wish by compressing anything its body envelops, to the point where it becomes a single mass. The compressed material becomes quartz, and will shine for many thousands of years without ever being shattered. When summoned, it attacks by pressing its master's emotions into quartz. However, if one continually relies on this power, even their memories will eventually turn to quartz, and they will be unable to form new ones."

@Genki Ah, yeah I remember seeing that. Too bad I have already wasted my medals to fill the ones with two sloths on it. Damn.

Btw, Can we throw away some magical girl that we don't want to. Cus I'm worried that the reason I never got 4 stars and only got the SAME 2 stars all the the time is because I have too much characters already.

No, you can't throw away megucas, but getting duplicates is not that bad as it's useful for unlocking memoria slots, you'll eventually get a 4 star sooner or later, took me 1 month for the first one (it was even before the pity sistem). You'd want to spend gems and tickets on the normal gacha at least until you get your first 4 star

Yeah, true. But I constantly got the 2 stars that is really weak compared to the others meguca. You know, the one who throw bottles when attacking.

Btw, which 4 stars did you got?

Actually you should raise her as she can reach 5 star (and she has a doppel too), unless you have either tsuruno (the orange one with the two fans) or yachiyo due to the fact that the games helps you in raising them

As I said, focus on tsuruno, it'll pay out in the end (and the game also gives you half the materials you need to raise her, just follow the doppel challenge (the one in the last section of the mission tab, as of now there are two availabe, the other being yachiyo's), just keep leveling up, awakening and raising her magia level and you will eventually complete them all)

Also raise Iroha, getting through the story lets you unlock all her memoria slots making her pretty good

Edit: you're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back