• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think DIO could notice in time to stop time, advance, throw knives(which are sped up as J-Man said), and hide under a building. Also, the sun may come up faster, but that also means it goes down faster.

I'm so confident of Pucci winning this that you can give DIO another Za Warudo and the ability to turn into a spooky dinosaur and that wouldn't change anything.

Going DIO here, he already knows the potential of Adult Pucci if he did live to fufill the diary and put in a battle to the death with him theres literally no reason for him not to want to stop time as soon as he sees him. Dio isn't going to waste time in his 9 seconds, Pucci doesn't have much in the way of durability in that scenario, and Unlike Jotaro DIO isnt gonna get distracted.

DIO groomed Pucci, if we're taking him with all of his memories even of dying he would know that Pucci would be the one to carry out his plan and in that situation would require him to act immediately and if it's dusk he has a higher chance of stopping time before Pucci can make it morning.

Dio may know the potential of Pucci but he doesn't know the power of C-MOON and MiH.C-MOON could effectively one-shot Dio with its Inverse punches to Dio's/The World's weak leg and if Dio tries to get close to Pucci, Pucci would put him in an illusion with Whitesnake and Take his stand/memories or kill him and Pucci can manipulate gravity to throw Dio off a bit so he.Also since Pucci knows he's fighting Dio he would more than likely start off using MiH to get rid of Time Stop and then do any of the things I said above.Pucci has better versatility, better use of range, and more ways to beat Dio

>inverse punches

Thats gonna do shit all, especially as he has his part 1 regen here.

>put him in an illusion

Dio likely knows about that and could break it considering jolyne could with no prior info,

MIH does not neg time stop, it shortens it, DIO who's >>>>>>Jotaro in actually getting shit done in them us gonna be effected less.

If Star Platinum punching The World in the leg ended up killing Dio why wouldn't Inverse punches one-shot him?

Of course, Dio would have knowledge of the illusion but that would make him cautious of so he would more than likely try not to get in White Snake's range which gives Pucci more time to charge up MiH and Pucci can use his Gravity Manipulation to halt Dio so he could charge MiH again.

But to be honest, If Dio was caught in the illusion him having knowledge of Pucci's power wouldn't help him, it would still take time for him to find out he is in an illusion and only then that knowledge would come in handy but by then it would be too late and his time stop becomes pointless or he would already be dead.

Because plot.

Actually the reason.

Maybe but how often does he use that? The answer is once, maybe twice.

Also Dio's strong enough to not give a shit about the gravity push, it ain't that strong, it's only as strong as earth pull, the thing DIO stopped caring about within a minute of him losing his humanity.

Even if it's due to plot it should still be a weakness, in my opinion,but even if Pucci doesn't one-shot he could still just take his memories and stand, and since he's going up against Dio he would definitely use his whole arsenal and abilities and try to put Dio under an illusion.

Dio is still under the influence of Gravity but the point is not whether or not it would stop him but whether or not it would give Pucci enough time to charge MiH which there is no reason as to why it wouldn't even if Dio can walk on walls and all.

It's not, litterally star platinum plot armor, the best ta could argue is his left sude was weaker but thats not an issue here as it's part 1 Dio too..

How is he doing that? Goes to take a disc? Bam he stops time, Whitesnake is now within arms reach and he caves it's head in killing Pucci. What? Ya don't think hed of used that against weather, annasui, or jolyne all those times? Not gonna cut it..

Dio is still under it, it just doesn't hinder him considering he can bench upwards of 19-109 tons.

1.Fair enough

2.Dio would be in Whitesnake's illusion making him susceptible to attacks until he breaks out of the illusion or Pucci takes his discs.Pucci did use an illusion on Annasui, Foo Fighters, and Jolyne to disguise himself as Weather, probably CIS that he didn't put them in an illusion but since he is up against Dio there is no reason to suggest he would go easier on Dio.And since this battle is starting at the opposite side of town Pucci would instantly start off with MIH to make time stop useless which would allow Pucci to take Dio's discs and win. This is not including what Pucci could do to Dio if he gets too close which I already mention above(illusions and gravity)

3.That's cool but my point is it will throw Dio off with cars, people, and other things falling sideways like it did with Jolyne and the gang just to by time for MiH to charge up even though MiH should already be charged up by the time Dio and Pucci actually fight because you know with them starting out from opposite sides of the city.

First off, he only ever pit anyone in an illusion once, it's oot and this fight is in character, it's basically pointless to bring it up.

Ya don't seem to get how. c-Moon works, think about it this way, gravity flips. Those cars? They're not being pushed, they're falling. Consider it a cliff, the ground is now the side of the cliff and everything above ground is now mid air. DIO with his raw strength will be uneffected (the force is only the gravity of earth or 1g) and we know he can walk up walls or cling to them later on in part 1 with no effort. C-Moon is pointless. Best it can do is mess with knives but the world throwing them is likely far more the enough to overcome 1G.

1.He used it before and it's not out of his character to use it since he only used his illusions to surprise/kill/gain the upper hand on people and he would use it especially since he is fighting Dio.

2. I get how it works I even said Dio could walk on walls and ceilings but unless its an empty city Dio would still be bombarded with objects falling like the Jolyne and the gang were.Making more than enough time for MiH to charge.

It is out of character, name two times he put someone in an illusion.

Just.climg to the sude walk, or jump, and falling objects? Nothing that will fall will slow him down.

A car? Have the world grab it mid air and throw it back.

1.That doesn't prove it out of character if he is known to use illusions when he thinks that he doesn't have the advantage or trying to get rid of people discretely.Using it once =/= out of character.

2.That's literally slowing him down even by a little.

3.Wouldn't do anything but slow himself down by throwing the car that wouldn't reach Pucci and he would just throw it at some random place because he wouldn't even see what was manipulating gravity until he was in range to see Pucci.

First off that's exactly what out of character is, he used it once, never again.

How? The world can do shit, DIO doesnt have to stop moving, plus he can time stop spam before MIH gets really going.

And? Gravity is litterally no issue for DIO and it shouldnt be hard to figure out, everything falls away from Pucci, pucci will be in the center.

And ya sure about that? Considering star platinum can eject like 90 tons at roughly 10m/s, under water. Also note DIO has enhanced senses.

1.Out of character is when a character does something that goes against how they usually act, like an evil person being nice out of the blue or when people say Jotaro could use Star Platinum to phase through someone and kill them.Pucci acting in secrecy or trying to get rid of an opponent before they realize(aka utilizing his illusions) isn't out of character, he may not use the ability a lot but that doesn't mean he wouldn't use it against Dio someone who he would immediately try to get rid of due to Pucci knowing what Dio can do.

2.He could but he would still be opposite side of town and not know what exactly is happening and would more than likely try to find cover while spamming Time Stop until Pucci inevitably speeds time up to make Time Stop is useless.

3.Dio is just going to throw a car across the city to hit Pucci?Don't remember seeing Dio throwing cars not saying he couldn't do it but doesn't that seem out of character? eeh its Dio so he probably would do something like that.Even if Dio throws a car with his strength would it reach across the city when being up against gravity?Not that it would touch Pucci even if it reached.

Yeah, Pucvi, only once, put someone in an illusion.

He never uses it. And outside if that we have one ither time he ysed it on himself.

MIH doesn't make time stop useless, it shortens the duration, it doesn't neg it.

Also you're acting like Dio doesn't even know he's fighting Pucci, not only does he know but hes gonna assume the weird shit going on is him causing it.

>out of character

This is the dude who found knives and decided to use them and pulled a road roller out of his ass.

Also youre heavily overestimating the gravity, it's literal 1 g. Its the same force thatd be applied to it if he threw it normally.

1.Just using it once doesn't mean he wouldn't use it again on someone who he knows who could one-shot him.We can agree to disagree on that subject.

2.It shortens the duration dramatically to the point of nearly instantaneous making time stop useless.

3.He would know its Pucci but that won't really help him out.I don't think I was trying to make that a point.

4.Not saying he couldn't do it but using throwing knives and WWE slamming someone with a road roller is different from throwing a car but the point was more of a joke question.

5.I'm not overestimating gravity, I'm asking if Dio could throw a car that can travel the distance of a city up against gravity, not saying he can or can't just asking a question.

That's still out of character, yeah he can do it, yeah he should, but he probably won't. Why didn't he do it against weather? Weather was kicking his.ass.

Shortening isn't much, especially if DIO gis trigger happy at the start with time stop, pucci.wont have time to shorten it.towhere it's pointless.

Honestly?

Considering star platinum can send 100 tons roughly at teabsonic speed a few dozen meters? Yes, that's scalable. (If ya wanna bring the ova into this then yeah he can there too).

Which, well is kinda odd, since I'm not even arguing that as a point, the original intention was falling cars wont do shit to impede him.

1.Idk probably due to Weather more than likely being able to negate the mist or blow it away or something.And Weather already knowing what Pucci can do and how to stop it.Unlike Dio who may know what Pucci can do but can't really do anything to stop it.

2.Yea MiH shortens it a lot when Jotaro stopped time against MiH it only stopped time enough for Jotaro to get a glance at MiH and not attack.And I doubt Dio would get trigger happy with time stop from the start seeing as his knowledge on Pucci wouldn't bring him to the conclusion to spam time stop at the start.

3.I can agree somewhat with that.(Cars not doing shit to impede him)

But that didn't happen, and Weather had no info he could put people in illusions.

Also >mist

Ya mean like Justice? The thing Star Platinum inhaled?

Actually not true, Star Platinums final time stop gave him enough time to dedyce what happened, see stone free puncture annasui, to pick if he should kill Pucci or save jolyne, save jolyne and thrown a punch.

Also DIO actually does spam time stop, whenever he wants to kill he goes for it, hes never not done that, and he's done it to cover distanced, to mess around and more.

1.Weather and Enrico both know of each other abilities iirc since they are brothers or something and even if Weather didn't he would still just blow it away or something.And Jojo characters are known to not use abilities when they very well benefit them in a battle or at obvious moments.

2.Yea IG.

3.That was just one of those moments were Jotaro thinks in time stop, not an actual representation of time seeing as the time stop before that he could barely even react to MiH.

4.He does it to fool around, mess with people, and cover distance but it wasn't to find anyone but more to dodge and get away.He wouldn't start spamming time stop to find Pucci until he realized Pucci was messing with time which would be a few minutes.

The dude had amnesia, neber fought euth pucci prior and the only other encounter was Pucci just stealing his mind disc. It doesn't matter if they only do it once or twice then never again, this isnt bloodlusted, they abide by their esablished rules. See Gilgamesh, the king of having his head up his ass.

So? And dio could pull a road roller out if his ass in like 3 seceonds.

Actually itd be right away, he'd realize, the effects are blatant,and DIO us willing to kill.

Also emerald splash, used it to dodge it.

1.I was talking about Weather got his memories back.And you I agree that it doesn't matter if they only use it once or twice then never again and I know they aren't bloodlusted, The fact is that Pucci knows he's up against a powerful opponent so he would use an ability to incapacitate that opponent.It's not out of character for him to do that, he has done that, and he would be willing to do that.That's my stance on it we can agree to disagree.

2.idk what you getting at with that tbh but the road roller isnt standard equipment so it depends.

3.The effects are blatant to us but Jolyne and the gang didn't realize until the sun started setting.I think it would take him time for him to realize but i could give him the benefit of the doubt.

4.Ik

Look he's not using it here, unless bloodlusted it's not a thing. Why because hes fightvDIO? Ya don't think that would if came in handy against people that were not only a threat but wanted him dead and ruining his plans?

I mean DIO can litterally go away. look for, find, and bringnback a riad roller in under one time stop. He can cover a huge distance and get shit done and this in a single one.

Are ya using Pucci at the start of MIH? If so then DIO kicks his ass easily, it took like two hours for it start up.

It depends on what happens first. I assume you're gonna let Pucci use all three Stand powers at once. Therefore, the best way to Pucci to win:

Step 1: Activate C-Moon immediately to **** up Cairo. Dio will likely not activate time stop as the scenery is changing. Attacks without using time stop at this point do nothing due to gravity protecting him.

Step 2: Touch Dio, activate Whitesnake, take both discs and make him a vegetable.

Step 4: Activate Made in Heaven and wait for the sun to take him.

If Dio doesn't timestop before Steps 1 and 2, anyway. The problem here is that speed isn't equalized. In terms of base speed, Pucci has nothing and is outclassed, even if their reaction times are the same. For these reasons I'll give it to DIO.

@J-Man

It took a few minutes, not two hours kek.

Back