• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Powers and Abilities

Spider Man should resist Corruption/Mind Manipulation from Mister Negative (Insomniac Games). Twice Li has gotten off his touch on him, but Spider Man fights through it in a "battle in the center of the mind" type thing and doesn't fall under his control. Normally all Li needs is a simple touch to control groups of people, so it's not like it's just a weakness of his.

He should probably resist Disease Manipulation due to never seeming to suffer any negative effects of Devil's Breath despite being very near infected people quite often and being grabbed/stabbed by the same claws Otto used to shatter its capsule in the first place. There would definitely be residue left behind and the game portrays it as incredibly virulent, being able to wipe out Manhattan in days.

Regenerationn should be High-Low. After being beaten near to death by the Sinister Six, Spider Man receives some emergency medical treatment. He stays for far too little time, then just leaves, with him still having 14 broken bones for his healing to work on. Doesn't impede his swinging through the city stopping crimes, and that he "Still" has 14 broken bones left implies that the damage he recovered from in that short amount of time was far worse. There's also how Otto beats him up later, leaving him bleeding pretty badly through the suit. That sort of a beatdown from a physically superior character would absolutely leave you with all sorts of internal bleeding and organ damage, but in the same night he's able to get back up and beat Otto with the aid of his newly created Anti-Ock suit. Also in gameplay you can be shot with high powered rifles, rocket launchers, bladed weapons, high voltage electricity, etc and just heal all that.

Speed
Otto's tentacles have a response time of <1 nanosecond, and they're wired directly into his brain via the Neural Network. As per the Reactions page, 10^-9 seconds is FTL. Spider Man would scale, but I don't think anyone else would. (Only other file for PS4 Spider Man is Mister Negative (Insomniac Games), but more could be added.)

Lifting Strength
Pretty sure that stopping a subway train moving at full speed is more akin to Class 50 since those things weigh more than the trailer trucks used as an example, though someone should calc this.

Didn't actually know that. I only have played through the game.

I do sorta feel like within the context of the game itself the game would be the "primary canon" so to speak, but not sure what to do about that if it got incorporated into regular marvel comics with the scaling mess that is.

@Wok PS4 Spidey is viewed as comparable to the other Spiders in the comics, but I do agree that the game should probably take precedence.

That said, I agree with the revisions. I always found it weird that Spudey didn't resist Corruption/Mind Manip.

out of curiosity, is it possible to do some sort of calc with Dr. Otto's response time? Did spiderman manage to blitz him with some sort of attack weather it be indirect, or direct?? that makes it possible to calc speed???

@Upgrade I think it'd be possible, but I'm not sure.

@Wok Could I bother you for a question? What class Lifting Strength would warrant lifting something that's equal weight to a Locomotive?

I suspect either High 8-C or 8-A or something in the like. He has a High 8-C feat in lifting the Daily Bugle, and similar feats in surviving re-entry from space.

What do you think of the other, non AP stuff?

I agree with this as well. And for lifting strength I think alongside calculating stopping a full speed subway train, a calc for him stopping and holding up that large structure (Can't remember what exactly it was) during that Demon helicopter chase sequence would also be useful for gauging his lifting strength.

I don't think the nanoseconds line is useable for anything but the speed of the communication between docs brain and his arms.

"Neuro transmission speeds under one nanoseconds" refers to the time it takes for the arm to recieve his commands, not that they themselves are able to to react to events lasting 1 nanosecond which is what you should be looking for reaction speed.

Reaction speed is tied to the speed at which transmissions can be sent around though. Pretty sure the irl brain is like 100ms or something. It's definitely much, much better reactions than human level.

It's actually just tied to how much you can move within a timeframe, only difference is that reaction speed is one that can't be easily sustained by the character as opposed to travel/combat.

But that's not the point here, the nanosecond line only refers to the speed at which Doc's brain commands take to reach the arms, aka how much input lag there is, it doesn't really tell you that he is able to perform movements under one nanosecond which is what reaction speed entails.

Off-topic from PS4 Spidey, so apologies, but...

@Matt Wouldn't Spider-Man still be Low 7-C from being comparable to Luke Cage, but weaker? At least, that's what the profile says currently anyways.

Yeah, Spider-Man's Low 7-C "Feat" was done via Calc Stacking iirc. He it was a Massively Hypersonic combat speed feat that got stacked as an AP feat. The 8-A feats Captain America and Deadpool scale from are being discussed whether or not they're outliers, but Spidey is superior to both of them physically. But if the 8-A feats are outliers, they may be downgraded to 8-C and Spider-Man still has his High 8-C feat.

Huesito will calc more 8-A feats, so Spidey will be At least 8-A via being superior to the rest of the Street tiers.

KLOL506 said:
Huesito will calc more 8-A feats, so Spidey will be At least 8-A via being superior to the rest of the Street tiers.
Spiderman can honestly still keep his low 7-C via hurting Morlun.

Apparently Doc Ock tanked a nuke once.

Spidey tanked an ICBM at point-blank range, but Ant claims them to be gross outliers.

KLOL506 said:
Spidey tanked an ICBM at point-blank range, but Ant claims them to be gross outliers.
I don't think the missile from that feat was even nuclear, IIRC it was actually intended to release chemicals rather than actually carrying a multi-kiloton warhead.

It's said to have enough toxins to kill the entire city, but I think it actually was stated to contain a nuclear warhead as well or something.

Wokistan said:
Apparently Doc Ock tanked a nuke once.
It was calced in this NF blog , it's 498.036 tons, 8-A but it only scales to his mechanic arms, meaning only characters who can break them would scale, it's also a bit inflated as it uses the whole surface area of the arms instead of the X-section which is what is generally used for these feats

Should work for scaling is that's the case, but calc needs to be checked first before being applied, I wager the result should be half of that because only the front facing towards the explosion would be taking the energy.

Back