• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Verse Revisions

I must say this is an impressive list of calcs and they are no issues i personally have with them, I'd suggest getting more community input and this could very likely be applied.

I don't think anyone on the Staff is particularly invested in the series, but I'll take a look at this later since I wrote (admittedly terrible) fanfiction on the subject and read through most of the Prototype wiki.

I'd like to come to a conclusion asap. I still have to make profiles for the rest of the verse.

Looks reasonable to me but one question. Wouldn't Mercer be 7-C after consuming Greene rather High 7-C+ since Greene was only Low 7-C to 7-C and even with all the hunters and leader hunters he consumed wouldn't that not be no where near enough of them to get him all the way to High 7-C+?

@Unite

I can't respond at this time since I'm writing a newspaper article while studying for four exams. I will try to get to you soon, just hang on.

Well, as I mentioned elsewhere, I am regrettably too busy to properly evaluate such a large blog, but if Reppuzan accepts it, you can go ahead.

MJF6219 said:
Looks reasonable to me but one question. Wouldn't Mercer be 7-C after consuming Greene rather High 7-C+ since Greene was only Low 7-C to 7-C and even with all the hunters and leader hunters he consumed wouldn't that not be no where near enough of them to get him all the way to High 7-C+?
You're right, I can't think of the reasoning I had when I made that, so I'll change it :^)

I will highlight this thread for more input.

I have now browsed through the blog post, and it seems to make sense to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

I promised to evaluate this, so here's my take:

I'm not crazy about the so-called immunities since it doesn't take into account supernatural poisons and pathogens outside of the ken of Protoype, like Toriko's Coco's for example. Resistance is best.

Self-molecular manipulation is pushing it. The game explains it as Mercer shifting the biomass he's absorbed to grant himself supernatural abilities. The reason why he's at Heller's mercy at the end of the second game is the fact that he spent all of his readily available biomass in creating his various weapons and attacking Heller before he could recover. This would fall under Body Control.

Regenerationn seems to be closer to High-Mid, since there was clearly a noticeable pile of sludge on the beach when the crow came down to peck at it.

Given that the Virus' abilities comes from creating and manipulating biomass, it's best to stick with Biological Manipulation than Matter Manipulation.

Immortality Type 7 sounds fair enough.

I'd like to see video of Mercer, Heller, and the Evolved lifting and throwing stuff around, since you don't have any links there.

Scaling to the fact that the Supreme Hunter was supposed to survive the nuke seems alright though.

Okay. I think that makes sense. Thank you for the evaluation.

@Repp "I'm not crazy about the so-called immunities since it doesn't take into account supernatural poisons and pathogens outside of the ken of Protoype, like Toriko's Coco's for example. Resistance is best."

Well it's immunity to real, existing diseases and the like, known to man. I don't think supernatural pathogens necessarily apply here, though there definitely would be a resistance, likely a developed immunity, since he grew immune to something specific to him.

"Self-molecular manipulation is pushing it. The game explains it as Mercer shifting the biomass he's absorbed to grant himself supernatural abilities. The reason why he's at Heller's mercy at the end of the second game is the fact that he spent all of his readily available biomass in creating his various weapons and attacking Heller before he could recover. This would fall under Body Control."

I don't think it's pushing it at all. Prototype 1 states he controls his body on a genetic level, and he can differentiate tissue on the fly. Even with simple knowledge in biology, you would find that genes are expressed on the molecular level additionally. Prototype 2 states he can control every molecule of the virus in existence, so I think it's pretty much laid out. Even if you were to describe it as shifting his biomass, he would need to manipulate the molecules involved to do so. Which falls under "control of microparticles" in body control.

"Regenerationn seems to be closer to High-Mid, since there was clearly a noticeable pile of sludge on the beach when the crow came down to peck at it."

Well besides the fact that he's stated control every molecule of the virus in existence, he was completely consumed by the fireball. At temperatures that high and clearly being subjected to AP much higher than his durability, there was likely some degree of cellular vaporization, since he had about the biomass of a hand left. For a normal person, at temperatures over 200 degrees celsius, molecules experience carbonization. Plus we see his biomass starting to come together on it's own, which is further evidence of operation on a very tiny level. Even with your description, his regen would be low-high (what it already is).

"Given that the Virus' abilities comes from creating and manipulating biomass, it's best to stick with Biological Manipulation than Matter Manipulation."

He could convert clothing and various materials (metals, plastic, whatever) into biomass, turn communication devices into a functional biomass version of themselves, and break down walls by touching them. He could also convert his tissue-like biomass into an organic metal capable of slicing through the hardest of metals, etc. I know bio manip is a sub-power of matter manipulation, but he does some things that are beyond just biology.

"I'd like to see video of Mercer, Heller, and the Evolved lifting and throwing stuff around, since you don't have any links there."

I'd have to do some recording then ):<

Alex lifting a 32 ton APC with a hand

Evolved throwing a car

They actually took out being able to throw military vehicles in Prototype 2, idk why.

But in Prototype 1, Alex literally comes out of the lab able to pick up cars, pick up entire helicopters and 20 ton trucks and tanks. Though with the latter, seeing how you can only pick up destroyed tanks, he lifts the entire tank except for the detached part, where the main cannon is connected to, which is negligible.

The evolved should at least scale to that minimum, since they're active challenges to a mid-game Heller, and should be much stronger than a fresh Mercer with no powers.

Thanks for your eval. :^)

@Unite

1) "Immunity" is an all-encompassing thing and an extremely strong word. Don't use immunity unless it's actual total immunity.

2) The genetic level is still not Matter Manipulation. Sure, it could be referring to the chemicals and hormones that drive signals through Mercer's body, but unless he's manipulating actual matter outside of his own body I won't count it as Matter Manipulation since he's still manipulating just the virus and not things like metal.

3) We rate Regenerationn by how much is left before completely reforming, not how it was destroyed. Mercer was clump of slime on the beach, not a drop of blood. I'd be willing to concede to Low-High, but definitely not High.

4) Given that he's stated to control biomass and not "matter", I'm not sure if that's gameplay mechanics or not (it's odd that he'd able to fit a whole oxygen tank inside his body for example). That said, I'm more willing to let this example slide.

that's because he was given a cure to a disease he had, the blacklight virus, the cure was supposed to kill off all diseases like cancer, aids, etc, it did have that effect, but it turned people into monsters, so it's fair to say he's immune to all known diseases, except for the bloodtox since it targets his altered genes, so resistance is fair, but it should be immunity to most diseases and resistance to the bloodtox. Blacklight virus | Prototype Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

we should list it as body manipulation and limited shapeshifting, since he can't mimic another host.

that's true.

that's true.

he might be able for limited reactive adaption, the wiki just has it as adaptation to diseases, i mean he did get less effected by, and later, overcome the bloodtox after repeated exposure, and it has him adapting to 10gs in the comics, and the virus its self does do that, however i can't confirm this being reactive adaption. Bloodtox | Prototype Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia Alex Mercer | Prototype Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia look under alex mercer's durability

@reppuzan

i changed the immunity thing because i saw that the post kind of contradicted its self due to the bloodtox, but how do you feel about the reactive adaptation?

I feel my blog addresses all of this but

1. We've seen scientists in game say Greene could possibly cure every ailment known to man, excluding blacklight/redlight/the parasite/bloodtox, which an immunity was developed for. Immunity is not uncommon or rare in biology.

2. The virus literally transforms inorganic matter into biomass, like I said, it also can mimic electronic devices, and can weaken the bonds of a solid wall. Matter manipulation isn't only limited to one application. It can be "limited".

3. Low-High: Able to regenerate from a puddle/drop of blood, or a small piece of your body.

Mid-High: Able to regenerate from being vaporized/dust. (He was nuked and reformed into tiny pieces of mass)

High: Able to regenerate from a single molecule/atom/particle.

Prototype 2 literally says he can control all Blacklight on the molecular level (minus Heller). It would be asinine to say he can't regenerate from that level, when it's stated that he can control the virus on that level.

4. I doubt it, considering everything he was wearing before he died was converted into biomass, and Heller creates an outfit out of nowhere.

@Unite

1) Emphasis on the known to ma. If someone had an even more powerful and virulent pathogen of supernatural origin, it's entirely possible for Mercer to be affected.

2) Does he actually break down equipment? Or does he store them in whatever pocket space allows him to hold all that biomass (it's logically impossible to have Heller be able to absorb a Goliath and not have any change in bulk).

3) Low-High sounds more reasonable to me, since he certainly hasn't regenerated after being absorbed by Heller.

4) It's important to specify that his adaptive and reactive evolution has limits and specifications, since it certainly didn't allow him to triumph over Heller. I don't want people spamming Reactive Evolution as versus thread reasoning when Mercer's isn't all that great.

1. Which is why I said possible immunity/resistance to those types of supernatural or man-made viruses, since he developed immunity to something that was designed to kill him.

2. The equipment is broken down as much as the human, and is integrated into his biomass. I also addressed your change in bulk argument in my blog.

3. Well then that's just blatant disregard of the game statements. And that's PIS. How could Mercer have ran out of biomass just from losing his arms when

1.) He's rebuilt his entire body from a crow

2.) Random puddles of his biomass were scattered across the entire battlefield, and we've seen him pull nondescript quantities of himself together?

3.) Supreme Hunter literally rebuilt himself from his own pool of biomass.

4.) He could've summoned any infected he wanted and consumed them.

Granted these things take time, but that doesn't change any facts. Supreme Hunter has low-high regen, yet in the final battle he dies from decapitation. The writer of P2 acknowledges these inconsistencies as well.

4. That can be done.

I feel like i am missing some context, why are there so many deleted replies?

As a side note, the investigation seems solid, so i agree with all these revisions

1) Resistance. I'm not bending on this.

2) If we are using Matter Manipulation, then it should be specified what Mercer can do with it and what he can't do with it.

1. That's fine, but I'm also not bending on regen when he's stated to have control over every molecule, and being able to manipulate his body on said level :^)

2. I think I've explained that in my blog as well, so that's also fine.

I am also leaning towards Reppuzan's analysis, especially the resistance. Immunity is a no limits fallacy.

Immunity ― can be defined as the capacity to recognise the intrusion of material foreign to the body and to mobilise cells and cell products to remove that sort of foreign material with great speed and effectiveness.

In biology, immunity is the balanced state of multicellular organisms having adequate biological defenses to fight infection, disease, or other unwanted biological invasion, while having adequate tolerance to avoid allergy, and autoimmune diseases.

According to the modern definition, immunity is described as the ability of the body to recognize, neutralize, or destroy harmful foreign substances in our body. It is the same as the resistivity of the body.

Types of immunity

Actively ― Usually when the body is exposed to an infection it will manufacture its own antibodies to combat the infection, along with memory cells. Because of these memory cells the response time when exposed to the same infection again decreases.

Simple biology. He could cure every known ailment known to man, which is immunity as per the medical/science definition.

But for the classifications in the wiki, extremely high resistance like Toriko's Coco makes sense.

His regen is high as well, no amount of pis or outliers can change what was shown and stated.

Back