• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype revisions

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This should be a bit easier now that Multipliers have been accepted.

So just recently we had a thread where As long as multipliers were accepted and not contradicted, they could be used"

So let's get this done.

When Alex consumes a character, he multiplies his own physical strength and that of the character he's consumed.

This is most notable whenever he consumes an evolved, so let's run down.

Prototype 1, he consumed Elizabeth Greene, who is slightly superior to Alex that performed the 127 Megaton feat, so that's 254 megatons possibly higher.

This really isn't a big upgrade, certainly not enough to not get damn near vaporized by a nuke.

Now Prototype 2 is where it gets tricky, at the end of the game Alex consumes 8 Evolved. Why are they comparable to 1st game Alex? Because these evolved have consumed far more enemies then Early 1st game Alex, which is baseline Small Town Level

This is added on to the fact that after consuming Alex, James Heller manages to cover the entire City of Manhattan with his Temdrils and make them reach the Skyscrapers.

So yeah, Low 7C Prototyoe 2 Alex and James Heller

Now for some other stuff

Abilities

Immunity to soul Manipulation
because Viruses don't have souls, is wank, period. Viruses may not necessarily be living creatures but considering what the definition of a Soul is, that doesn't help.

Second, High Regen, I feel, needs more discussion, as Alex's regen being based on that is Iffy at best, especially when actually rebuilding his body has been stated to be Cellular Level 16:19 Here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPGKSYUzrVE

Leave it at Low High

No other changes

Finally, Tier 7 Prototype.

It's agreeable but you accidentally put "mega" infront of Greene's "Tons"

So, his Regenerationn remains at Low-High, but with an extra emphasis on the fact at he can now rebuild his body at the cellular level if he has to?

Gargoyle One said:
If he can rebuild at a Cellular level, he's likely Mid-High actually
I thought being able to regenerate from something as small as a single cell counts as Low-High Regenerationn, with Mid-High being beyond that? (Mid-High means being able to regenerate when your body is reduced to ash, dust, smoke, or vapour) How would Mercer's cellular level Regenerationn qualify him for Mid-High?

So do you wish to perform the changes now?

Only if I have enough input.

Even then Im on a phone so I can't really edit

Do you have access to a regular computer now?

Excuse me...

Should a new key tab/stage (whatever) of "End of Game Alex/James consumed 8 Evolved" be added as his Low 7-C forms as this refers to their specific stage in the story of game?

Well, somebody experienced still has to perform the accepted changes.

I may help in a week, but need to get back to a usable computer to do them. (In fact some errors occurred when editing articles recently for me. No problem leaving posts. Will notify you once I am ready.)

One more question: is Alex or James considered dead only if the virus inside the host is dead? Or having no mortal avatars to work with good enough? Like if some magic user decides to seal Alex inside a ball for more than one year is Alex incapacitated / good as dead already?

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I mean The virus doesn't have a soul but wouldn't the vessel have one?
In this case, the virus is the vessel. The original Alex Mercer (the human) in Prototype 1 died when Blackwatch soldiers shot him down the moment he dropped the vial of the Blacklight virus and unleashed it. The Alex Mercer we play as in Prototype 1 is a literal sapient virus inhabiting the corpse of a dead man, and that virus thinking he is that man when he actually isn't, and that the man has already died (the game implies that Virus Mercer and Human Mercer are two different individuals if you can't tell already). In this case, Mercer isn't a "host" of the Blacklight virus like how Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) is the host for the Prototype Virus and later the Uroboros virus, he is the Blacklight Virus itself. I'm not sure about Viruses not having a soul thing, but since viruses in real life technically aren't treated as something living due to them being a bunch of RNA, it shouldn't be that extreme of a stretch to not consider them to be something living in the first place.

I don't know what James Heller is, other than being called a "Prototype", but I don't think he's a literal sapient virus like Mercer. I'll probably just consider Heller to be a "host" to be safe. In the case of Mercer, he can already be considered "dead" as the corpse of the original Alex Mercer has already died, with the Blacklight Virus "inhabiting" the corpse after it infected it.

When this revision is done, and please don't make changes without permission.

Also I think it's redundant to have three keys for Alex, just make his Prototype 2 Self 8A and Prototype 2 Low 7C.

Gargoyle One said:
Also I think it's redundant to have three keys for Alex, just make his Prototype 2 Self 8A and Prototype 2 Low 7C.
Gar I think College life might be getting to you

@Gargoyle

It would be best if you find a regular computer and perform the appropriate edits yourself, but I can revert the current changes if you prefer.

Yeah lol

Prototype 1 8A and then 2 Low 7C

And just straight Low 7C for Heller

Gargoyle One said:
When this revision is done, and please don't make changes without permission.
Understood. (I personally thought this has been approved, with cleanups done by the bureaucrat himself)

Cleanups done by the burecrat is a means to fix

That's the exact opposite of approved

Also, one person agreed to three keys, 1

@Jasonsith

I am uncertain about your edits. I prefer if the appropriate changes are performed by Gargoyle.

@Antvasmia / GargoyleOne

Understood. I shall leave the remainders to you two for updating then.

The following is for discussion: if the EoS absorption event is drastically increasing the powers of the character so much their powers or power levels are very different before and after the event, according to the other character pages, they do need to have different key phases (still in the same character page). Just my opinion. See if this make sense.

Antvasima said:
@Jasonsith

I am uncertain about your edits. I prefer if the appropriate changes are performed by Gargoyle.
I'm on a phone and can't edit

All that needs to be done is Low 7C for Heller and the keys I mentioned for Alex

I mean, all you have to do assuming you're on Android is go onto Desktop mode, click on edit, switch out of desktop mode and carry out the edits.

Or, if you're on an Apple abomination, I'm pretty sure putting "?useskin=oasis" at the end of the link to the page should still work.

Actually, the later works a lot better, I just perfer not putting the link at the end because then it'll autofill the link if I ever end up wanting to head back to that page.

I'm on a phone and can't edit

All that needs to be done is Low 7C for Heller and the keys I mentioned for Alex

Okay. I can accept Low 7C AM and JH if they are added as a separate key phase - the states of them and their power levels are quite different.

Back