• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype revisions

Okay so

Prototype 2 Alex goes to Low 7C

Heller I really don't know, I think I'll just leave him at Low 7C with no other keys as there's no timeskip

Gargoyle One said:
Okay so

Prototype 2 Alex goes to Low 7C

Heller I really don't know, I think I'll just leave him at Low 7C with no other keys as there's no timeskip
Seems fine. Just put in a specification for Low 7C Heller is hi at the EOS, since Heller definitely didn't start off that strong (consuming Mercer should get him to Low 7C anyways).

@Gargoyle

Well, the problem seems to be that you are the only one here who can perform the edits properly, but are unable to do so due to only having a phone available.

Seems fine. Just put in a specification for Low 7C Heller is hi at the EOS, since Heller definitely didn't start off that strong (consuming Mercer should get him to Low 7C anyways).

Agreed. 2 key phases should be included. Nevertheless Alex and James should each have one High 8-A and one Low 7-C profile. And Low-High Regenerationn.

Why?

Why do we need to keys for Heller when he went through zero significant changes that made him stronger?

Gargoyle One said:
Why?

Why do we need to keys for Heller when he went through zero significant changes that made him stronger?
Based from your calculations, Mercer is only Low 7C due to consuming 8 Evolved, which puts him in his Evolved form. So, Mercer at Evolved form would be Low 7C, but at base he should still be 8A (but superior to his Prototype 1 self). For Heller, he is only Low 7C due to consuming Mercer. And as Heller gains the powers of Mercer after consuming him, he should be at Low 7C at his own Evolved form (or the equivalent of that, which he gains from consuming Mercer), but still 8A at base. Heller definitely start off that powerful. At the early to mid stages of the game, Heller was still consuming the Blacklight Infected in order to gain more upgrades and mutations to get stronger, so he definitely wouldn't be Low 7C at the start.

Low 7C is the high-end capabilities of the top tiers of the Prototype series, not the low-end like you've stated Heller is.

How about the keys for Heller would be "Pre-Mercer Consumption" (or something like that. He was able to go toe-to-toe with Evolved form Mercer near the end of the series at the final host fight, so I don't really know. But, he definitely my wasn't that powerful in the early or mid stages of the game, and consuming Mercer would definitely seal the deal in making him Low 7C) and "Post-Mercer Consumption" for the tiers 8A and Low 7C respectively, and Mercer's be "Prototype 1", "Prototype 2 Base" and "Evolved form" for the two 8As and the Low 7C tiers respectively?

He did go through some pretty significant increases in verse. He was capable of matching the Phase Two Super Solider designed to kill his early game self, and even later he could curbstomp an Alpha Juggernaut. Around the same time as the Juggernaut feat, he was confident that he could defeat Mercer, despite having been easily defeated by him Mid-Game.

Anyway, I support the upgrade. Mercer is capable of producing Goliaths, which have tier 8 feats by moving.

Yes, but I'm not exactly saying that Heller didn't get a significant increase at base form (he was canonically able to contend with Evolved form Mercer at the final fight, even if it reeks of PIS). I'm saying that Heller consuming Mercer at the EOS would make him being Low 7C tier be set in stone (as in, it would be blatantly obvious that he should be Low 7C from that point onwards).

Anyways, since Mercer gets a tier upgrade due to his Evolved form boosting his stats up, does that mean his speed (which is Supersonic+ at Prototype 1 apparently) gets amplified as well?

Would somebody experienced who knows what he or she is doing be willing to perform the accepted changes?

@DeathNoodles

You make sense except for this.

"Heller would be Low 7C after consuming Mercer"

Heller literally ripped Alex apart before Consuming him, he scales to Low 7C by default

@Gargoyle

That was after Mercer reverted to his normal form, and he was extremely weakened at that point where Heller severed his Blade, Whip, and Hammerfist.

Still, even Heller should be Low 7-C with the count he's got alone. Brawlers, Evolved, Super Soldiers, Juggernauts, Goliaths, a Phase Two Super-Soldier (which has his early game DNA), and a Hydra, among various others.

I believe We're good to make the changes

Then I'm making a match I wanted for a long time....

I'm already scared

Also you still have

"Prototype 1, he consumed Elizabeth Greene, who is slightly superior to Alex that performed the 127 Megato feat, so that's 254 megatons possibly higher."

"This really isn't a big upgrade, cErTaInLy nOt eNoUgH tO nOt gEt dAmN nEaR vApOrIzEd bY a nUkE."

Can somebody remind me of the changes that you wish to perform?

Okay. Feel free to apply the changes then.

Well, I am too busy, but you can message some experienced members you know via their message walls to ask if they are willing to help you out.

The note on [URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/James_Heller']James Heller[/URL] said:
The powers and abilities from the Force Multiplier DLCs are non-canon, as they do not make sense in the context of the story and mostly serve as a means to allow the player wreak more havoc during gameplay. If they are to be used in a versus match, then it should be stated in the OP.
The Force Multiplier DLC abilities and feats are not relevant to the update, right?

Otherwise I am fine.

Yeah the changes were made finally.

Should we make an alternate key for the DLCs? We count some of Cole McGrath's non-canon powers on his profile, not sure why we can't for Mercer and Heller.

Not an alternate key, but note on the bottom of the page that it's non Canon and the threadmaker has to specify they have them.

@Wright which non-canon abilities did we count? I don't really remember any abilities that would classify as non-canon since even gigawatt blades is used in comics.

I do agree though. And restricting them in a match... should it be fine? I think it should be.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
@Wright which non-canon abilities did we count? I don't really remember any abilities that would classify as non-canon since even gigawatt blades is used in comics.

I do agree though. And restricting them in a match... should it be fine? I think it should be.
His vampire powers from Festival of Blood.

Back