• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype AP Upgrades

BlastX

He/Him
I watched gameplays only actually

One thing I noticed about Prototype consumption ability is that it adds someone's strength completely to their own, this is applied actually because Alex is 8-A+ in the P1 Endgame despite Elizabeth's feat being only 480 tons.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Mercer

So Alex is 960 tons by being his AP+Elizabeth's once he consumed her...the weird thing is that James after consuming Alex isn't rated as Low 7-C despite the fact that absorbing Alex should make him 1920 tons or 1.9 Kilotons since he was able to fight and beat P2 Alex which means he should be twice as strong after consuming him.

So my proposal is to upgrade Post-Alex consumption James Heller into Low 7-C.

But there's Another thing I wanna add.

Alex during Prototype 2 consumes 8 Evolved, adding their strength into his own, and the Evolved can reach 8-B+ (92 tons specifically) at their strongest. Now I'm not sure if Alex only absorbed fodder evolved or the strongest ones but just absorbing one 8-B+ evolved should bump him into Low 7-C (1052 Tons/1.05 Kilotons) and if all of the evolved were 8-B+ then that just makes Alex far higher into the tier and makes Alex-Consumed James Heller even stronger, but again I'm not sure what type of Evolved Alex absorbed.

That doesn't seem right because Alex is 8-A+, the only way that's possible is if he got Elizabeth's AP+his own, it's literally how Consumption works, even his profile says that.

It makes no sense it's not applied to the other consumptions.

While I personally don't at all disagree with the Consumption power addition, and in fact agree with it in some cases, this has been rejected previously by the staff members at the time as Zamasu have stated.

The key reason why it was rejected was because there wasn't any explicit statement that the absorbed victim's power/strength is "added to the user's own", especially in way that is phrased mathematically. The best we've got was a relatively vague statement of "every living being you consume makes you stronger", and that's it. If you yourself have found an another statement that explicitly indicates that all the absorbed victim's power/strength is added to the user's own, instead of just unquantifiably getting stronger from absorbing a victim, then it might be enough to have the Absorption multiplier be accepted; so until there was an explicit statement of such being found, the staff just won't accept this Absorption Multiplier.

Also, I wasn't really focused on the tiering at the time when I made the changes as I've implemented the AP changes exactly as the OP have stated in their AP CRT at the time, but I assume the Multi-City Block level+ AP comes from upscaling Alex's strength increase of Elizabeth Greene's feat of 480 tons AP to Alex gaining a baseline 8-A+ AP of 550 tons?

RWBY profiles has their characters being given the next baseline tier after their "+" AP, which I assume was the reasoning for why Alex gained the 8-A+ AP via upscaling from Greene's 480 tons feat (as Alex already has 480 tons AP from clashing with her Mother form, and only got stronger after consuming her baseline form), and why the OP suggested it.

However, if that reasoning for the 8-A+ AP does not have enough basis by this site's standards (which is weird since characters such as Yang Xiao Long upscaled to the next baseline tier after her + AP tier with that exact same logic, though I could be wrong and she has a calculation page supporting that upscaling, but I haven't seen such in her profile), that can easily be changed and have Alex be 8-A for his baseline abilities via upscaling to Greene's 480 tons feat to an unquantifiable degree but gain unquantifiably above 8-A+ AP (unquantifiably above 960 tons) via a multiplier of Elizabeth Greene's feat through baseline Musclemass instead, with it being around Low 7-C via fully-upgraded multiplier, to fix this AP tiering.

Last edited:
Well I didn't know that's how Alex got his 8-A+ rating, it's fine in that case, still it's stated in his P2 Endgame justification that he added the Evolved strength completely into his own, so it seems weird that somehow it says that yet it isn't actually reflected with consumptions.

Well I didn't know that's how Alex got his 8-A+ rating, it's fine in that case, still it's stated in his P2 Endgame justification that he added the Evolved strength completely into his own, so it seems weird that somehow it says that yet it isn't actually reflected with consumptions.
Alex's profile: "and added their combined strength to his own".

Ah, I see what you meant.

That can easily be fixed by changing that statement to "and has gotten stronger from his transformation after consuming them" if that helps make it less vague and less confusing by phrasing it in a way that does not at all indicate any actual Absorption addition multiplier, if you are fine with that suggestion?

That's great.

As that phrasing change is essentially just a minor grammar fix (considering the Prototype character profiles are already structured in a way that does not take the Absorption addition multiplier into consideration), it would probably not need any staff input.

However, downgrading Alex Mercer's baseline stats (and all the other Blacklight characters that scales to him) to 8-A (upscaling above Greene's 480 tons feat unquantifiably) but gaining 960 tons with baseline Musclemass, and Low 7-C with fully-upgraded Musclemass might need one staff input or two to implement - in addition, also allowing Alex Mercer to gain 9-A+ via fully-upgraded Musclemass for his Prototype 1 Early/Mid Game key, as the 3x multiplier of fully-upgraded Musclemass grants him an AP that unquantifiably upscales above approximately 0.169 tons, which is above the median AP range of 0.1275 tons, and so could qualify for the 9-A+.

Would you be fine with waiting for staff input for that change (the downgrading bit would probably require one of us to contact the staff members for whether or not the basis of that + AP is valid enough to be kept as it is, with the downgrade being applied if it turns out the staff doesn't approve of such basis)? Or do you think changing that grammar phrasing should be enough of a change?

I don't plan to downgrade Mercer's 8-A+ rating at all, I said I was fine once I found out how he actually got it, I just was wierded out because I thought Consumption wasn't portrayed correctly in the Profiles that's all.

All right.

Then I guess all that’s left is that minor grammar fix and that 9-A+ rating for Alex Mercer’s Prototype 1 Early/Mid Game key via fully-upgraded Musclemass (which is missing from Alex’s profile, and would probably need staff input for that rating) and then we’re done here.

Back