• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Proof vs. Statement vs. Potential(Possibility)

Megamangohan

CHAD mango
Joke Battles
Administrator
If we put character X, Y, and Z in a fight, character X was stated to be three times stronger than character W, character Y was proven to be twice as strong as character W, and character Z had the potential to be four times stronger than character W, who would win?

When I say potential, I mean there is Proof, but that Proof is not 100% trustworthy, It only has the possibility of being true.

Y, because he was proven stronger than W and Z having potential doesn't mean anything. I have the potential to go toe-to-toe with Conor McGregor but if I fought him now he'd flatten me without much of an issue.

Anyways, if we ignore all other variables and think only of raw power, character X is assumed to be the winner unless the statement is later proven to be false.

Z has the potential, which implies he's not that strong yet but may be in the future.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Y, because he was proven stronger than W and Z having potential doesn't mean anything. I have the potential to go toe-to-toe with Conor McGregor but if I fought him now he'd flatten me without much of an issue.
what about Character X

FateAlbane said:
Anyways, if we ignore all other variables and think only of raw power, character X is assumed to be the winner unless the statement is later proven to be false.
Z has the potential, which implies he's not that strong yet but may be in the future.
Whoops, I created room for a false assumption, I actually ment there is proof, but the Proof is not absolute. In other words, That proof might or might not be true. We just don't know.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
If we only have x, y and z who is character w? I think you should fix the op a bit.
W is there for powersaling the other fighters, not to be in the fight himself.

If the statement regarding X turns out to be true, he's the strongest (and should be assumed as the strongest unless proved otherwise, provided that the source of said statement is reliable). Otherwise, Y.

I'll stick with Y, I don't care much about X's statement because talk is cheap. If I say I'm 3 times stronger than Jon Jones I will have to back that up with something due to burden of proof. Z's statement is still meaningless because your potential doesn't determine how well you'll do in a fight you're currently in.

and tbh, we really shouldn't. ik characters that are (almost, kinda, in a way) stated to be planet lvl, but lost to two characters that were barely mountain lvl, at full, max power output.

If the source is a reliable one, we have no reason not to trust the statement unless it contradicts the way the characters powers are displayed. As long as they are consistent within the series, it's more than fair enough to use them.

The situations you pointed out are either contradictions - which would make the statement moot - or outliers for the lower characters, depending on the verse.

then a contrdiction, since im not even sure that the statement was made by the author, which would make it a 'double moot' lol.

Back