• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project zomboid explosives AP addition. along with some other stuff

King_Dom470

He/Him
Explosives calc puts the player at small building level and Possibly Effects their physical stats aswell.

Also some other minor abilities I thought should be added.

Enhanced Senses: So with the Keen Hearing trait it makes it so that you can literally see behind you, and with the Eagle Eyes trait you can also see much farther than usual so because of these they should get enhanced senses

Accelerated Development: The player can go from sprinting at 15 mph to 25 mph in an unreasonable amount of time for a normal person (Like a weekish if you tried really hard) and lets be real here no matter how athletic you are you not going to be increasing your speed by 10 mph in a week.

Intelligence:

I'm a bit more iffy about this one but i'd say a Genius rating isn’t totally unreasonable.

Learning: Now when it comes to the players ability to adapt and learn id say in that regard they’re genius’s. If you start as unemployed you can learn literally entire occupations in under a week depending on how hard you try. If you spent all your time just grinding different skills you could probably max out Mechanics, Metalworking, Aiming, Engineering, Electrician, etc in a month maybe even less. And it seems pretty much impossible to learn stuff that people go to college for years in order to learn fully in just a months worth of research.

Craftiness: Apparently cooking with spoiled food is borderline impossible to do safely and the player at a high enough cooking level is able to do this consistently. They can learn how to make huge log walls just by deconstructing wooden objects, they can also learn how to make bombs with household items and even make motion activated bombs this can be done pretty early on into the game. They can also somehow set up a working plumbing system that filters rain water and makes it drinkable.

Combat: Nothing super crazy here since the player basically just pushes them over and stomps so thats really it. Except for the fact that they can go from lvl 0 aiming to lvl 10 fairly quickly. Lvl 0 makes it borderline impossible to hit anything but lvl 10 lets you hit pretty much every shot not genius on its own but still pretty damn impressive.

Last edited:
For combat skill, you can scale the Player to Police Officers, Park Rangers, and Military Veterans, all of whom should have some level of combat skill, alongside mentioning they can max out their weapon skill with blunt, axe, or bladed weapons

Probably something like "Despite having no formal training, they can easily match the skill level of a Police Officer, Park Ranger, or Military Veteran and become extremely proficient with a variety of melee weapons"

• Enhanced Senses: Mmm. Not really enhanced enough that they are well above the norm for humans. In Project Zomboid, you aren't really "seeing" behind you, you're hearing someone come up from behind you. So even though the perks of the game do afford you the ability to have better than average senses, nothing implies superhuman capability, which is what our page on the subject asks for.
  • Accelerated Development: Also no. It's impressive how quickly you can theoretically level stats, but A. I don't think most people are doing it that quickly (I certainly never have, at 1000 hours), and B. even that quickly isn't sufficient to say that this is 100% beyond all realms of mortal achievement and presents a superhuman gain rate.
  • Intelligence: I could be convinced of Genius specifically with relevant traits being picked (Fast Learner). Not as the default, but as a possibly. Default should probably just be Average. Some of their traits are objectively game mechanics (Gourmand allowing you to turn rotten food unrotten), which implies some level of game mechanics for other traits (High enough Cooking allowing you to cook with rotten food). So I get where you're coming from, and I think it's within reason, but it would be only the upper bounds.

Oh yeah and Explosives Calc:

The PSI point is fair, as these explosions don't destroy walls instantly afaik and, as I've said before, are mostly just showers of fire. Adjusting the calc in this way feels mean because putting it down to 5 psi (what we usually do in cases of little to no instant terrain damage) brings the value to 2.067e7 Joules, or the very tippy top of Wall level+.

In any case I truly, truly don't agree with scaling it to players in any reality.

Intelligence: I could be convinced of Genius specifically with relevant traits being picked (Fast Learner). Not as the default, but as a possibly. Default should probably just be Average. Some of their traits are objectively game mechanics (Gourmand allowing you to turn rotten food unrotten), which implies some level of game mechanics for other traits (High enough Cooking allowing you to cook with rotten food). So I get where you're coming from, and I think it's within reason, but it would be only the upper bounds.
So something like "Average normally, Genius with certain traits"

Also I think you could argue that they should still be Above average with no traits because you’re still able to learn pretty damn fast.

possibly Genius, imo. Nothing they have makes it absolutely clear but I can see why you'd argue the point that there's some implications.

I'd write it as "At least Average, possibly higher normally, possibly Genius with certain traits such as Fast Learner"

possibly Genius, imo. Nothing they have makes it absolutely clear but I can see why you'd argue the point that there's some implications.

I'd write it as "At least Average, possibly higher normally, possibly Genius with certain traits such as Fast Learner"
Sounds alright to me.

And as for the explosives should it just be entirely voided or is it good how it is just not scale to the players physical stats?

I still think it's a little questionable with how vague it is, but I'd accept it being put in the profiles if the calc is adjusted, since the psi point is a good one that I hadn't thought of.

I still think it's a little questionable with how vague it is, but I'd accept it being put in the profiles if the calc is adjusted, since the psi point is a good one that I hadn't thought of.
I've added a high end and a low end to the calc now

Back