• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I do not mind the page itself, but it needs a cleanup. Perhaps you could ask Reppuzan to take a look at it?

@Ant and Weekly

Well, it's just a list of random weapons and abilities, so it could probably be deleted.

However, I think a better option would be to revise the Martial Arts page (which is painfully bare) to include some of the information from the Combat Abilities page (which I have never seen used).

Not to derail, but do you think it would be a good idea to have a scale of weapon and martial arts mastery (i.e. Skilled -> Expert -> Master) since it's already on a lot of profiles.

@Reppuzan The issue is that how all of those are used is inconsistent.

@Promestein

I suppose so, the titles are really arbitrary and it's better to use feats. Well, it was just a thought.

I am fine with if you wish to merge relevant information from Combat Abilities to the Martial Arts page, and then delete the former.

Okay. You would have to incorporate useful information, and to insert a redirect link into the page though. Othervise, you would likely have to update hundreds of profiles that link to a deleted page.

Delete Tool (ROBLOX)

I've made a thread that discussed the removal of specific building tools on the ROBLOXian's profile. It's been 20 days without any input, so I basically removed the tools from the ROBLOxian's profile, and I'm requesting for the above profile to be removed, too.

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but i have a really strong grip regarding the Kongou Banchou verse that i have to get off my chest of.

Basically, i feel like the stats outside of the 6-A's of the top tiers seem really...weird, to me. In the sense that i, having read the series from start to finish not once but twice, feel they need a complete refresh/reworking along with the verse page needing a complete makeover. So...i was thinking of maybe deleting it all here and then start to compile stuff for it as a sort of "feats blog" or "respect blog" of the characters in the series. Or just leave them as is for now and just do the compiling part.

Though if i had to choose, i'd rather actually delete them completely and start back up from sctratch and, if possible, gather feats of the characters that i feel would need to be calc'd or even recalc'd.

Any thoughts/opinions about all this? Deleting them, again at least IMO, would actually make my later work of this a lot easier to do but still just asking...

Do the top tiers have any calculation backing their 6-A statistics?

@Ant: It's actually only for 2, Akira Kongou and Takeshi Kongou.

Thing is, their calc is from Narutoforums and considering we normally can't access them lest one makes an NF account to view them and such, there's nothing much i can do about them with anything so....

We will update the Narutoforums calculation links when Kavpeny and Ryukama find the time to organise the project.

We cannot start deleting profiles that have valid calculation links.

The ones without any basis for their statistics should be fine to remove though.

So what do you suggest i do with that then? The ones i recall having all valid calc links are the two brothers and Machine Banchou here who has a speed calc that scales to a few. Can't remember who, just know that it does.

Most of the others in scaling, i feel it's still necessary for me to take them out and rework them from scratch.

Well, I suppose that you could keep the profiles for the brothers and delete the others, if you think that is the best solution.

It would make my work a lot easier to deal with, yes.

And as said, i plan to actually go back and reread the manga fully (which is not hard at all since it's pretty damn good and enjoyable, making my work even faster to deal with) while compiling all feats for it and, again if possible, have ones that either need to be calc'd or even others that i feel would need a check up on calc'ing.

@CrossverseCrisis

Do what The real cal suggested:

1. Go to vsbattles wiki profile

2. Right click calc link and select "Copy link location/address"

3. Go to the Wayback Machine and try to save the link

4. If previously saved, it will be presented to you

5. Now replace the link in the profile with the archived one

^ I've used this method to replace the calc links on a lot of profiles.

@Blue: I could do that, but still gonna do what i said earlier.

Anyways, i got most of them deleted except those that have calc's so there is that now...

Take note that you should only replace the link if the Wayback Machine backup actually shows the calculation and not just an error message.

@Ant: Well aware of that fact.

Anyways, i deleted most of them but ones that do have calc's linked to them so i'll check to see if they are saved and shown or not. Either way, i may have them be needed for recalc'ing or whatever depending if it's needed.

But it's done for the most part.

Assaltwaffle said:
Best part is, that page wasn't lacking information, it was just the most jumbled mess of source code I've ever seen.
Yeah. Would have been simpler to just delete the damn profile and rewrite it from scratch. That's what we did with the Quinlan Vos profile. It was such a bloody mess that I told Antvasima to just delete it and let me write it again from scratch.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Beauty

In its current state, this profile is unfixable. She is apparently street level and galaxy level at the same time, which means i can't clean this up because i don't know what tier she truly is, not to mention the jumbled mess of source code present in the page.

Kepekley23 said:
At first i thought i could clean this up, but the justification for his stats are rather poor and i don't know the verse well enough to do anything here, not to mention the grammar.
That's one hell of a mess. Best to let someone knowledgeable with the verse and with proper understanding of how we do things rewrite it from zilch.

Yeah, I did it. I was trying to give as much info and be as inviting as possible, since it is just an honest mistake and lack of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back