• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Goji

I handled that as well.

Bone Saw McGraw. He scales to Spider-Man in terms of durability, ap, and speed when this is just wrong. This was Peter's second actual fight and didn't know what he was doing. Once he actually fought back, Bone Saw was defeated fairly quick. Took a few kicks and one throw. He clearly shouldn't scale.

Anttron224 said:
You could probably just correct the scaling instead of deleting it
Other than Bone Saw being a wrestler, I see no reason for his profile to exist. Especially since his character was so minor.

He was important as a basic combat tutorial for Peter and his powers, considering the deisgn of the combat arena being perfectly suited for his mobility based powers, as well as getting Peter to realize the utility of his super strength, considering he was naturally scared of him due to his large stature and musculature, and Peter's own self-image of his strength still being based on years of being powerless.

Cropfist said:
Peter not having skill does not mean his physical stats were somehow lower when they fought.
I think Bonesaw should probably have lower durability, but I do agree that Peter being unskilled doesn't negate the fact that Bonesaw was still able to damage him, despite his superhuman durability.

I think Bonesaw should likely be a glass cannon.

@Cropfist It's literally an obvious outlier. Peter had almost no combat experience, so of course he's going to get hit. Again, Peter defeated Bone Saw very easily once he actually fought back. It wouldn't make sense for a wrestler to be this strong. People like Norman, Sandman, or Eddie need something to even harm Spider-Man. And you're telling me a wrestler can somehow scale to them? When characters like Norman can casually kick two policemen's asses? He definitely shouldn't scale at all.

@Anttron224 Bone Saw was never a tutorial for Peter. Flash was more of a tutorial since he was finally able to stand up for himself and sent him away with a single punch. He was confused about his powers but just went with it against Flash. Bone Saw didn't. He has no reason to have a profile when his scalling would be 9-C at best, has no actual abilities (his weapon mastery is based off hitting Peter with a foldable metal chair), and is a minor character. He's literally just your average wrestler you'll see in films.

It makes perfect sense when you remember marvel atheltes, like wrestlers, are actually superhumans by realistic standards.

This isn't the case with Bone Saw at all. In order for people to even keep up with Peter need some kind of mutation or power-up to stand a chance. Might as well say any top pro wrestler in Raimi Spider-Man can now scale to him.

His intro scene was him destroying another wrestler.

Bone Saw does have a power-up, a "charles atlas superpower" just like dozens of other marvel characters without powers who fight superhumans do.

I fixed what I could, but someone who knows more about Animal Crossing should talk with the creator and add justifications for certain statisics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back