• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And R.L. Stine wasn't really played as an invincible character either. Like how his fingers were broken when Slappy stepped on them or when he was overpowered by a bunch of living garden gnomes. So if Hussie was a exception because he wasn't played as an invincible character, why isn't it the same with R.L. Stine.

I can't tell what's intended by the rules, but the editing rule posted didn't say anything about the feats being valid, but rather about whether they're significant in the story.

After reading the profile it seems like he has a significant role, and is fine to stay.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Perhaps if it was strictly the film version? I don't know.
This does still bug me a little. Why is the book used for one of the pictures if the profile seems to exclusively be for the movie version?

In the profile say

Note: This profile represents the fictional interpretation of R.L. Stine, and in no way represents the real person in any way, shape or form.

Elizhaa said:
Here was the thread that made the current auhtor avatar rule, for more context: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/569779

The context that I said about author Avatar looks correct, Agnaa.
That thread was about adding a tier 0 author avatar, so of course they'd talk about tier 0. And the rule was very similar beforehand - the modifications about the rule weren't to say "author avatars are okay if they're below tier 0".

You can see the difference between the old rule and the new rule here. It's partially adding DC's Writer to the rule, and partially explaining what "blending reality and fiction too closely" means. It adds the criteria of being significant to the story, and explains that fourth-wall awareness does not equal tier 0. None of this means "As long as it's below tier 0 it's allowed".

I think this is why you've gotten the context wrong.

Gan isn't Stephen Kings author avatar. Gan is God and Stephen King is canonically inferior to him. Gan canonically Made Stephen King write the dark tower

And the fact is we usually do not allow author avatars.

then who is stephen king's author avatar (or are you just talking out of your ass)

We already established that he will be an exception for various reasons (He has a significant part of the story, he isn't played out to be a invicible character and even the consistency with other profiles similar to his)

That's because if I'm not mistaken the avatar pf Stephen King in the books isnt just and avatar it IS the stephen king in this world.

And you are outvoted here. Me, Goji, Walker, Agnaa, Elizhaa and even Antvasima to a degree think he is ok enough to stay. And many others that aren't or are participating much in this conversation, like headless.

Ok, my bad and gotcha, Agnaa. I will likely found the thread responsible for the current rule later.

The profile does not seem bad enough for deletion.

The image from the book cover should probably be removed though, as it isn't relevant to the movie.

There are no explanations for the stats and you're comparing him with someone from a different franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back