• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, due to reaction speed and natural weaponry, but they are not physically remarkably strong. Still our standards allow for kinetic energy from running, and I do not know any better option.

I can see your point seeing how with treat guns and swords but Wolves can also overpower Pitbulls which can overpower humans.

I suppose so. Anyway, we should focus on fixing the above-mentioned profiles.

Can you prove that actually exists? Plus we already have other characters on here that are based on real people. So why is he different.

Yes, he seems to be an actual fictionalised movie character, so I am uncertain whether or not he should stay.

I say he should stay since we have actual fictionalised video game and tv show characters on the wiki that are based off real people already. Like George Washingto from assassin's creed, various Abraham Lincoln and Albert Einstein profiles and even youtubers like Pewdiepie from the legend of the brofist and Matpat from Walking Dead: Road to Survival. All of them are fictional characters based off real people in some shape, way or form. So why is R.L. Stine being treated differently. It comes off as inconsistent and would ultimately give people another reason to shit on the wiki as a whole.

Also if all author avatars aren't aloud, then we wouldn't have pages like Azathoth from the Cthulhu Mythos or The Annoying Dog from Undertale. That is probably wrong in more ways then one but it is still a point that can possibly apply to this nonetheless.

Our rules is leaning towards no blanket author avatars that are Tier 0, in general. I think it is the feats which should be evaluated on a case by case basis are valid then lower tiers author avatar are allowed.

Editing Rules:

• Preferably avoid creating any supposedly "all-powerful" 4th wall-breaking real life author avatar characters, or author avatars in general. Before doing so, please read our Reality - Fiction Interaction guidelines, and try to evaluate if the character in question is significant within its story. Meaningless 4th wall breaking, and winks at the audience, do not equate tier 0 in any way, shape, or form, and can potentially open doors for new members to start looking at real life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures. Exceptions have been made for Andrew Hussie, the Annoying Dog, and "The Writer" of DC Comics. The former was not played as an invincible character within Homestuck, whereas the second was not a true author avatar, just a joke character. Finally, the third has been established as an inseparable part of Grant Morrison's DC cosmology, and is ranked at Tier 0, not for being an author avatar, but for its established role in comparison to everything else within the franchise. Nevertheless, it is very unwise to allow too many explicit author avatars, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality.

Hmm, I think it was the first general discussion thread about S8, that's why Ant deleted the old one. But I will try to find the link

And he is very significant within the movies (granted not as much as the second movie but he still plays a big part in the movie series since he is the creator of the monsters and is one of the main characters)

M3X said:
Hmm, I think it was the first general discussion thread about S8, that's why Ant deleted the old one. But I will try to find the link
Ok

It's not just about being rated tier 0. The rule itself even says that Andrew Hussie and Annoying Dog are exceptions. Hussie's Unknown and used to be tier 1, and Annoying Dog's 2-B. These two aren't exceptions because they're below tier 0, they're exceptions because the former's not an all-powerful character in the verse, and the latter's more of a joke character than an author avatar.

If it was "solved" through a misunderstanding of the rules then it hasn't been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back