• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Question for everyone here:

What are your favorite current WWE theme songs?

Mine are Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Austin Theory's theme songs. There's probably more I missed though.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL WWE SUPPORTERS

Ok people. This is an issue I wanna talk about in length.

This thread has been shambles, absolute shambles. We have had debunked arguments, circular arguments (and then getting blamed for it ourselves) and comments that show a complete lack of respect for the verse and it’s skill.

We’ve all seen the comments, every WWE or Pro Wrestling supporter has seen “it’s scripted” “it’s choreography” or other damaging and false stereotypes about the verse (in the context of its skill and abilities). And this thread has been chock full of it. Today, on a major thread, we can make a change, we have debunked their arguments, we have shown how Jericho wins, but they keep downplaying. We have shown, as with the thread I posted above, how Jericho can deal with swords, he holds a distinct skill and LS advantage here, he can hit the codebreaker and end it. But they won’t listen because of the stigma that shrouds WWE wherever it goes on this wiki. Well I say no more. Today, we prove to them they’re wrong. Today, we’ve gone out there, we have read the arguments, and debunked them, TODAY, WE VOTE FOR CHRIS JERICHO!

To clarify, if you do believe Slade wins vote for him lol, I’m just saying that I think Chris wins this and I don’t have intentions of telling people how to vote. That is a low move

Sorry, poor choice of words in OP

Last edited:

This thread has been shambles, absolute shambles. We have had debunked arguments, circular arguments (and then getting blamed for it ourselves) and comments that show a complete lack of respect for the verse and it’s skill.

We’ve all seen the comments, every WWE or Pro Wrestling supporter has seen “it’s scripted” “it’s choreography” or other damaging and false stereotypes about the verse (in the context of its skill and abilities). And this thread has been chock full of it. Today, on a major thread, we can make a change, we have debunked their arguments, we have shown how Jericho wins, but they keep downplaying. We have shown, as with the thread I posted above, how Jericho can deal with swords, he holds a distinct skill and LS advantage here, he can hit the codebreaker and end it. But they won’t listen because of the stigma that shrouds WWE wherever it goes on this wiki. Well I say no more. Today, we prove to them they’re wrong. Today, we’ve gone out there, we have read the arguments, and debunked them, TODAY, WE VOTE FOR CHRIS JERICHO!
I truly believe this thread is a monumental and symbolic decider for how the verse will be viewed from here on out.

This really isn't anything new. WWE has always had this stigma for as long as the wiki has existed. There will always be people who will dismiss the feats as non-sense and think that the characters are just stage personas, nothing we can do about it.
eh **** it guess ill vote for jericho

Ignoring the fact that this is a cringy asl, I agree lol

chris-jericho-y2j.gif

If you could get another scan to show it’s a consistent thing that would be great, though it should be listed as limited time stop as it only effects his opponent directly

I'm 100% fine with the wrestlers having some sort of supernatural powers, but unless some weird clock ticking sound effect plays when Omega does that, I fail to see how this isn't social influencing or him fooling a wrestler into thinking that he doesn't want to fight or that he needs a breather.
according to the data of that time available.
Considering that this is a TvTropes article with no scans or references, I still doubt that he has time stopping powers. Is there an archive of some interview where he says the stop thing was inspired by Flash Man's powers?

I'm 100% fine with the wrestlers having some sort of supernatural powers, but unless some weird clock ticking sound effect plays when Omega does that, I fail to see how this isn't social influencing or him fooling a wrestler into thinking that he doesn't want to fight or that he needs a breather.

Considering that this is a TvTropes article with no scans or references, I still doubt that he has time stopping powers. Is there an archive of some interview where he says the stop thing was inspired by Flash Man's powers?
There are no articles but I can go to reddit of NJPW Wrestling and ask the question there to people who have been watching the product for over a decade ?

The move is called Time Stop...

Probably just staggered forward a little, in verse it’s called a time stop and has that effect, so it’s more likely a botch that he still moves a little

I wanna make a Johnny Gargano profile, but the website is blocked, so I can't do shit.

I wanna find a 2v2 matchup for Theory and Gargano, as they both teamed up as The Way in NXT.

Back