• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems regarding kinetic energy for small or regular size animals

I don't even understand why we need to calc it. It seem pretty easy to distinguish 10-C from 9-C animals

Antoniofer said:
Don't think that formula is valid, it uses the bite pressure like it were a destruction constant.
You are correct sir. This is a case of calc stacking, just like Jasonsith's Horizontal hammering off a tree equation. He used surface area multiplied by diameter (already taken into account with the surface area), rather than using the height of the cut. His other formulas use 0.225 cm as the height of the cut.

Using a 1" (2.54 cm) steak as the object being bit through, I recalculated the results and got 114.50 J, 121.82 J, and 129.14 J.

Ugarik said:
I don't even understand why we need to calc it. It seem pretty easy to distinguish 10-C from 9-C animals
I mean, yeah, probably. With some exceptions that might be in the 10-B or 10-A area.

So what should we do here? This is a rather important topic after all.

I think it's agreed to avoid giving ratings based on a running fast or body slamming calculation for various animals and instead using something like bites, punches, claws, or foot stomps depending on the animal.

So basically case-by-case.

In that case, there really isn't a lot of animals to fix this for.

It seems someone removed the 9-C rating from the Shiba Inu. It was a troll that needed to be banned that vandalized the page, but given the OP proposals, I think it might actually be reasonable.

The Forum migration is inevitable yes, so it's almost a now or never until the Forum gets moved.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think it's agreed to avoid giving ratings based on a running fast or body slamming calculation for various animals and instead using something like bites, punches, claws, or foot stomps depending on the animal.
I think that this is a very good idea. Are the rest of you willing to quickly start revising The Real World profiles based on this? The staff members can continue to edit after April 14.

I believe are animals in general, like instead of simply getting KE, simply rate them according to their real feats.

@Medeus

Thank you. As I mentioned, you can continue with this project during the time that the wiki profiles will be locked for non-staff members.

There's also the glorious size tier chart Bambu made to rely on.

Yeah, uhm, I think that size chart is being questioned in other thread. I would rate real animals based in KE nor size, better rate them with their real and experimented feats, se such bite fore (although there's two ways to measure, in pressure units and force unit, that one is higher doesn't mean the other value is) and lifting strength.

Oh yeah, haven't seen that thread. But I don't use body slams and stuff like that to calculate AP, but I do use things like calculating giant characters swinging their giant swords at each other at onscreen demonstrated speeds.

Just saying I'm going to revise the real world profiles after the forum move, I believe many animals, not just small animals, are wanked to be 9-B for little to no justification.

What I have in mind atm is separating KE from their regular attacks for big animals just like how we decided to do with bite force, and just removing KE for small animals.

But yeah I'll wait for a CRT after the forum move and probably need some planning and researching to do.

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated.

However, given the delays that will likely result in needing another, better, forum backup, I think that the discussion threads will likely be copied again soon, so you still have at least few days to have your posts saved.

Sharks I think can probably still scale from bite force since they bite differently than most animals. Their teeth isn't even that hard or strong, but rather their jaw muscles. They sink their teeth into their prey, but it doesn't break bones from there. Instead, they effortlessly rip off body parts by doing a barrel roll. Same thing could be argued for alligators and crocodiles. However, big cats, wolves, and bears should have their bites separate from their paw strikes.

Sharks can probably scale from bites since that's kinda their primary form of attack other than charging. They don't slap you with a fin or something.

This is just a notification about that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them.

Back