• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem with Spore's planet buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Why the Planet Buster is rated as Large Planet+? Even the video linked shows quite clearly that the planet is still here and only the surface is destroyed. It can't even overpower Earth's GBE, which is 5-B https://youtu.be/Q7mzVsnjXfQ

If there was a calc linked i'd be fine, but there isn't.

You do have a good point. Destroying the surface of the Earth is probably High 6-A.

I think that "At least High 6-A" would be the best option, because it doesn't just destroy the surface, it send it into orbit, which is something very similar to the consequence of the impact between Earth and Theia (which is a Low 5-B event)

Maybe there's a statement of sorts that makes the planet huge? If it's large enough planet razing would yield yottatons eventually. Of course I don't know, I'm just guessing.

I think we could add Ice manipulation as well as Continent level (over time)

https://youtu.be/t4qJoGTsnP8

I also agree with the change unless someone can find additional information

I know we have pages for Spore and all, but I wasn't expecting to see a thread about it. Anyway, I agree with the Planet Buster being downgraded.

@TheJ-ManRequiem There isn't any statement of big planets, I don't think. However, you ca go to our Solar System in the game and fly to Earth, and its the size of any other non-gas giant in the game, so Earth sized planets should be safe to assume.

@Krukov If they get Ice Manipulation they should also get Heat Manipulation, as the very first thing they do in that video is heat the planet up.

The spaceship should have weather manipulation, with the Staff of Life https://youtu.be/RLNnezewBTg

@Colonel are you sure that the energy otput for that is Continent level? It might be higher, but idk if there is a way to calc it properly

Well, from a rough view of the planet that was destroyed by heating it up yes, but this is over time.

Might do a calc myself when I reach Space phase again. So for now we agreed on:

7-B with normal weapons, 6-A over time, and High 6-A with Planet Buster

Heat and Ice manipulation.

Do you guys agree with Weather Manipulation? I'd say that being able to create/destroy an atmosphere should be enough to have it

Yeah, all of them seem fair.

I think that it seems reasonable, with the possible exception of weather manipulation, as that usually requires more precise control.

Maybe we could note that it's not combat applicable?

I read the Weather Manipulation page and terraforming seems similar to a low tier climatic control

Well, we should preferably only use it for characters that can freely create lightning, tornadoes, and the like, not ones that can cause inprecise indirect effects to the environment.

Ok, understood. If everyone agrees with the other changes, i'll perform the edits

Everything seems okay to add, just not the weather manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back