• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem with Akali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akali has Smoke manipulation via her twilight shraud. On the Smoke manipulation page it says Smoke Manipulation is the ability to control smoke at will. Akali can't control smoke she just drops a smoke bomb on the ground you can see the bomb in game even on her champion spotlight phreak says she is droping a smoke bomb

https://youtu.be/b-s2YVbRP8I?t=82.

And again on the newest cinematic we see her using her shraud.

https://youtu.be/zF5Ddo9JdpY?t=159

Again Smoke bombs i think this ability shouldn't be on her profile.

Now second issue Akali has invisibility again beacause of the twilight shraud. She doesnt. She is just hiding in the smoke from her bomb. Even in game that ability doesnt give her invisibility it gives her obscure and she is not revealed by things that reveal invisibility because she is technically not invisible just hiding in the smoke.

Well this seems reasonable. Went through her short story and only found this regarding the Shroud:

"Nice to see manners around here for a change," I say with a smile they cannot see.

"What's your business, girl?" One of them asks through a plate of pitted and tarnished steel.

"Him," I say pointing with my kama. It glistens with hues of the magic it was forged in. "He's my business right now."

The guards draw their weapons, but even before they can step towards me, they disappear in a thick ring of blinding smoke. The kunai begin to fly, hitting their targets with a satisfying flesh and bone THUNK.

One. Two. Three.

Footsteps.

I send two more kunai in that direction. A clang of metal, followed by the THUCK-THUCK of them ricocheting into the walls.

More footsteps.

"Aw, you're gonna bleed!" I call out, flinging a single shuriken from my hip, and flipping across the room, following in its wake.

I break through the smoke to see the last guard splayed out on the ground next to the door. The three prongs are lodged deep in his windpipe—I can see his chest rising and falling ever so slightly. I grab him by the collar, raise him up, just to be sure.

"Almost…" I whisper.

At that moment, I hear a gurgling behind me. I turn to see the councilman through the receding smoke, bleeding out on the floor. His eyes are open, darting back and forth across the tavern, wondering what just happened.

Doesn't mention smoke bombs but given that other sources show her using them it's probably just to show off her fast reflexes.

Smoke manipulation via smoke bombs is perfectly fine. We give people fire manipulating via flame throwers, poison manipulation via poison weapons, and electricity manipulation via tasers all the time.

Really? Because looking at the page descriptions and users named she doesn't meet the criterias given.

Smoke Manipulation is the ability to control smoke at will, often shaping the smoke in various ways and making it tangible enough to use a method of attack. Some users are able to create and even become smoke, further increasing their versatility.

Users

• Assassin of Black (Fate/Apocrypha)
  • Smoker (One Piece)
  • Delsin Rowe (Infamous)
  • Asuma Sarutobi (Naruto)
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
And also for Invisibility

Invisibility is the power to render oneself unseen to the naked eye.

Users may become invisible. Some may do so by means of Elemental Manipulation, others due to ghost mimicry still yet others due to sense manipulation, or illusion creation. This seemingly simple power can aid in many situations and often drives users to becoming recluses and undergo insanity. Some users may or may not be able to disengage this power, being invisible until death or perhaps even beyond. Some users may be able to turn other things invisible, depending on the manner in which they become invisible it may or may not require a touch.

Limitations

• May or may not be able to make clothes disappear.
  • May or may not be able to revert back to a visible state.
  • Some may be limited on how long they can remain invisible.
  • Some may require great concentration to stay invisible.
  • Users still put off heat, rarely deterring users of enhanced vision.
  • Users may not remain invisible while attacking or doing other excessive actions.
  • Etc...
Users

• Kazuma Yagami, Ryuya and other skilled wind magicians from Kaze no Stigma
  • Invisible Woman from Marvel Comics
  • Absalom from One Piece
  • Meleoron from Hunter X Hunter
  • Various ships from Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate and other franchises when equipped with a cloaking device
  • Predators from Aliens/Predator
  • Angels, God, and Death, and many other creatures from Supernatural
  • Misaki (Gokukoku no Brynhildr)
Going by the page descriptions she doesn't seem to fit there at all.

Okay, that seems strange but fine (is it the same for other FPS game characters?). Then I guess the invisibility has to go since she's only hidden by the smoke and not really invisible like Invisible Woman from Marvel or the Predators.

It seems to be something the wiki just does, for example most Naruto characters if not all have Explosion Manipulation via paper bombs on their profiles even though they're not actually manipulating it (besides Deidara).

It should be noted as just limited smoke manipulation in these cases. The same goes for any listed power that comes from usable weapons which just shoot the thing/explode/etc.

And yeah, invisibility should go.

If she stands still in her smoke and doesn't move she is invisible in terms of game mechanics (I know we don't use game mechanics)

She is completely un-targetable untill she makes an action or uses an ability even post re-work I believe, but I could be wrong.

So would this constitute invisibility in terms of the lore? It's the real question I suppose...Maybe she should have 'limited invisibility via smoke manipulation' but that doesn't really make sense and is too long.

Thats just game mechanics. In-lore she just uses the classical smoke bomb. And, about LoL and game mechanics... The profiles are overloaded with game mechanics just to give them more hax/powers. One case is Miss Fortune's speed reduction which is just a bullet rain with that targets the feet in-lore. the speed reduction comes from mechanics.

People not seeing her in the smoke =/= invisibility. Otherwise nearly anyone who uses smoke grenades would get it, which is not the case.

And using mechanics to justify ratings isn't allowed, especially when we have gotten a decent look at how her shroud looks in reality and it is just thick smoke.

Yeah I know, but she has invisibility in her profile. I guess as she is only invisible in game mechanics which would mean it should be removed from her profile probably.

I'm curious as to how it got onto her profile if we don't include game mechanics as the justification is straight from game mechanics.

I genuinely love how people are acting like LoL isnt a video game and trying to remove all aspects of it being a video game from how their powers work

I love how people are using the game mechanics only when its convenient, even if there isn't anything in-lore or cinematics to support it. If this game mechanic is used, them the mana limitation and cooldowns should be used. If the lore (which is also used to give them powers) has something backing up some of the mechanics, its okay to use.

WeeklyBattles said:
I genuinely love how people are acting like LoL isnt a video game and trying to remove all aspects of it being a video game from how their powers work
We have an actual lore and background to it and devs have pretty much said that the game and how it works is separate to it, so maybe you could stop with this disbelief at not using unquantifiable game mechanics when lore is present?

@Regis Ive said it once i'll say it a million times, the devs never said the game and lore are separate, so maybe stop with the attitude

@Schro Go say that in a pokemon discussion thread where every stat amp and stat reduction attack would fall under your definition of game mechanics

Wait I'm confused @Weekly are you trying to say we can use game mechanic's to justify abilities for league because the devs never said the lore and game are separate? it seems like you agreed with removal of invisibility and now I'm not sure 0.o

Them we should scale every single character to 2-B~2-A due to fighting dark star skins in-game. See how ridiculous the idea of "selective use" is? You either use the lore to back things up and threat it as a separate thing (which it is.) or you use the game mechanics only. If you wish to use the two, use only what is supported by the primary source: The lore.

WeeklyBattles said:
No they didnt, i know exactly what youre referring to and ive already addressed it multiple times
You've addressed nothing but the fact that you don't like that we can't use in-game mechanics as valid feats or scaling.

Still irrelevant to the current discussion which has reached a consensus of removal of invisibility.

This is going all over the place now 0.o so you are indicating invisibility is okay due to her being un-targetable in game even though it's not backed up by the lore?

Blackcurrant91 said:
This is going all over the place now 0.o so you are indicating invisibility is okay due to her being un-targetable in game even though it's not backed up by the lore?
Looking through the ability again i agree its not invisibility, but things like stat amping and stat reduction in-game are perfectly fine to use

Existing in an alternate universe with no real points of cross scaling essentially means it is irrelevant as far as current scaling goes.

@Weekly, then you either use the game limitations and downgrade the dark stars or upgrade the verse. The lore is a different thing from the game. The game is the League which was retconned and erased from the lore long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back