• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Probably a Stomp: Misogi Kumagawa vs The Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Book Maker is good enough at sealing that he was able to seal a being who can casually escape a seal that can seal people who resist sealing in a matter of hours. His sealing lasted for several years against that person.

However, if what you say is true and Book Maker won't work then it is a stomp.

It'd work for awhile, nobody knows how long Pro was sealed away for. But Player managed to get to his new game within minutes.

Why is this a stomp?

How long do you think Book Maker would last? Could he survive the negativity shock that comes with it?

Because Kumagawa has no win conditions then. All Fiction would just make him non existent again, and Book Maker doesn't hold long enough for it to in capacitate.

If he doesn't survive he just resurrects. I doubt he could survive, but dying isn't a huge issue. As for Book Maker... I don't know. Probably longer? Player can get out of a sealed place that resistant beings couldn't. But... Kumagawa has another layer to his sealing. So I suppose that is a win-con. If he incharacter always uses that, then I guess that's a win.

What is Non-Fiction though? I thought Kumagawa had one of three abilities he pretty much always used. Also... Kumagawa has matches with no win-con for enemies added. Quoting the Stomp Thread page, "A Stomp thread is when one character is immediately able to win against another, whether it is via battlefield removal, incapacitation or killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics." As long as both are able to do something at some point then I'd say it's fine until that gets revised if such a thing happens (I've heard it might).

Survive meaning mentally. Will he be mentally sound enough to keep on fighting. Many just end up going comatose, because they cannot handle Kumagawa's toxic mentality. Alright, great. It is 100% in character for him to go for the book maker spawn or time stop book maker blitz

Non-Fiction brings things back from Non Existence. It is the ability to erase erasure, and erase non existence. If Kumagawa is facing down an enemy who does not exist, or that he cannot effect otherwise, of course he would go for Non-Fiction. The only match he has where the enemy has no win conditions is his match with Izzard. I have gone down the line with about 3 different people explaining the ways for his enemies to win, and I would prefer not to have to again. Most of the ways for his enemies to win is BFR, which is actually a good way to take him down. The only other person who does not have a win condition is the litch, which was actually decided to be a special case.

It was agreed a while ago that a stomp is also if one side has no ways to win or stalemate the enemy. I'm surprised it wasn't changed in the written rules yet, but I'm sure it will be soon

"toxic mentality" sounds like a description for something else... And... I believe so? If it isn't obvious the Player is canonically a player. Like... a person playing a video game. So I believe they would be fine with seeing their already diminished physicals be nerfed to an awe-inspiring degree.

The Lich? I mean I agree it should exist considering the current rules of Stomping, but Lich had no win-con there. He has no hax at all. So that's just straight up false.

Where is it decided and approved?

It's not so much about "being cool with it." Book Maker makes you equal to Kumagawa in every way including mentality. Unless he is just an avatar or something, the mentality should still carry up

You can take a look at the thread. I'm not the one who decides. Also, the lich does have BFR.

I'm on mobile at the moment, but multiple mods have told me this was the case. Iirc it was staff only anyway

Is he doing it to the player as in the person not in this realm, or the Player, their character, the thing he is fighting. I don't see why in the seven hells it would affect the actual person playing the game.

Lich has BFR. To himself. He drags people through dimensions to himself. Not hax. Try again. And... you were the one that said you'd been over this, no?

Oh, so he has some type 9 immortality shit going on then? If that's the case then of course it wouldn't affect him. Usually player avatars don't include the dude pushing the buttons but aight

I don't understand what you said, but yes, the Lich doesn't really have any win conditions. On the thread some staff talked it over and decided it was an exception. Not my choice

I mean... this is metafiction. Normal isn't what we deal in.

Yeah I said it was because I said it was a fair match, Lich wasn't passively destroyed.

Oh well. No fair matches for Player then, if the whole no-win-con is real.

luckily Lich always has a loss condition- just avoid his fist grabbing you for BFR, so his matches are secure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back