• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Probably a Stomp: Misogi Kumagawa vs The Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Earl things Misogi stomps, I think the Player stomps, let's see how this works out.

The Player from Magic Circle. Most notable abilities are Data Hax and being Nonexistent, as well as Existence Erasing summons.

Misogi Kumagawa from Medaka Box and... well you probably know his whole deal (All Fiction and all that).

Who wins and why? Speed is obviously equalized. High 8-C vs 8-B keys.

Misogi Kumagawa:

The Player:

Incon:

Mostly used for one of two things.

1. Trapping people in something like a void except instead of a void, it's data. This is done by pointing, and a hole appears beneath them made from data. Most subjects cannot move during this time except to struggle.

2. Ripping out abilities from things and giving them to new things. Basically used to tinker with the target, including...

• Making them friendly (or not friendly, or docile)
  • Removing bits of their body by saying "You cannot walk"
  • Granting them abilities they have previously and viciously ripped from other creatures

forgot all about this tbh

but I'll bump because I wanna see where the rabbit hole leads

Whatever the player wants to lead with I'd presume as a wild guess

Surprisingly, the Player does not have many options. The only method of combat he has is summoning his band of merry monsters or, and this is the ability that is used more often, pointing below a target to trap them in data.

He does literally anything he wants to him with All Fiction

Or punches I guess considering AP

DMUA said:
He does literally anything he wants to him with All Fiction
Or punches I guess considering AP
Elaborate. I want you to consider Player's survivability in that...

1. They've been erased from their reality before and continued to exist (as in, literally deleted from the game files, just like the Old Pro)

2. They resurrect from said lack of existence whenever they like.

3. Even dying in-game results in a similar effect to non-existence (referred to as "ghosting") wherein one can just resurrect themselves just like before. They can also interact with the world at large while "ghosted".

So. What comes next?

I mean, I guess forcing The Player to sit in Erased time would count as Incap if he sat there reading a book for 24 hours

... actually, major problem

An in Canon weakness for the dudes like Kumagawa is that they always let the opponent hit first

... Of course, once he is hit, what stops Kumagawa from just erasing The Player's actions? Sure, he himself can't get erased, but does the actions he take have the same resistance?

Nothing can act in the Data trap. Enemies that would normally shoot fireballs or whatever just sit there until let out. If he auto-negs Data hax then this isn't an issue.

Well, not Data hax specifically, but just generally offensive actions can be erased easily. I think it's thought based, but don't quite remember. Is it defined if the trapping is just movement restriction or not?

Also Earl tells me from my message wall the "hits first" ordeal is mostly just against people he knows. When he doesn't know, he is the one to move first.

It is undefined. All that is known is that enemies just don't do anything.

Can we tell if this is true? There is a reason Earl was disallowed from these sorts of threads. And why he's acting through others now.

oh noes my finger slipped

DMUA said:
... actually, major problem
An in Canon weakness for the dudes like Kumagawa is that they always let the opponent hit first
That is actually rather out of context. That is the case for if he knows the person he is fighting, but otherwise not so much

Fair enough. So, what does Kumagawa do to actually kill The Player? And how long (in relative time) does his infinite speed thing last? Until he restores time?

Usually Kumagawa would go for the time stop blitz with book maker, screw spawn, or spawn book maker. I still need to look more into the player

He basically just sets his time frames to zero. I don't think there is a cap on it, but he also doesn't pull a DIO and fight whole battles with stopped time either. The longest he has used time stop for as when he kinda just showed up in the antarctic circle from across the globe to save his friend. We never see things from Kumagawa's perspective, but that is what I take to be the longest time an action would have taken that he set to zero

So. Of those, time stop blitz is one that is viable. Tell me about his screw spawn and book maker.

As for player, he's really not too complicated. He doesn't have tons of fancy moves, just the ones he has are weird.

Basically, he spawns screws directly inside people, obviously bypassing durability. He can do the same with his book maker screws which seal the target and bring them down to his level in every aspect. Often this causes seveer mental trauma because they take on his extreme negativity that few can manage, thus causing an incap. Book Maker also bypasses defensive abilities

Spawns things, killing them... when player is nonexistent? Has he ever shown the capacity to actually interact with a nonexistent thing? That seemed to be a contention point with Earl. If he in-character just stayed in infinite time... forever, then that'd be something I guess, but I'm not sure how that'd work out.

Nah, I was just explaining what Kumagawa opens with. The screw spawn obviously would not work on him. All Fiction technically is able to erase the non-existant... but it just restores them to existence. This may be a stomp in the players favour from the looks of it

I mean. Homeboy does have a win con in the infinite time blitz thing, assuming he can just keep him there. But he doesn't in character if I understand. So with Misogi having a win-con, is this really a stomp?

I thought the player is non-existent. How could Kumagawa hit him if that was the case? Kumagawa may be able to seal the non-corporeal, but I doubt book maker would work on that which does not exist

That's not what I said? They are nonexistant but as far as I know they are still bound by time. So infinite speedy boye keeping him in stopped time (or deleted time or whatever) would be a win-con, just not one he abuses.

Kumagawa's time stop doesn't work like that. He simply sets the time frame of his attacks to zero. Its like he is amping his speed to infinite, as apposed to stopping everyone else. He can theoretically "wait" inside his time stop all his want, but since there is no time frame it means nothing

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Anyway, it looks like this is probably a stomp
Bring them back from nonexistence and then?

Non-Fiction can only make things existent if they existed at one point in time. He cannot, for example, create a new concept, but if something like the concept of color was previously erased he could make the concept existent again. So, with that said, has the player always been non-existent or did he become it?

He became it, but making him existent isn't actually a win-con. If this is Sealing, then that means very little as the players CAN be sealed, but simply escaped or, more accurately, leaked through- The Old Pro is the best example of this, as he was sealed in a deleted older version of the game but managed to escape into the new game. The Player themselves escaped the game and made their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back