• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prideful Light vs Vengeful Light(Jota{Azure Striker} vs Patry{Black Clover}) 0-0-3

latest

Patry(Against Julius):

latest

Jota:
Inconclusive:3

Distance: 1 kilometer
Speed not equal
SBA for the rest
Patry unsealing is allowed

Note: To those who have seen this thread before: The reason why I'm redoing this is because the other one didn't get any attention due to me not putting any tags.

Last edited:
Bruh I’m up against BLACK CLOVER WHAT

anyways, Jota is massively outclassed in strength by two whole tiers. He only has Phosphatorium and speed, which I can see him using if he sees none of his attacks do any damage at all.

Jota typically fights in a way I can only describe as constantly moving around and launching projectile attacks from a distance, which gives him enough time to figure out he doesn’t do damage conventionally.

Last edited:
Bruh I’m up against BLACK CLOVER WHAT

anyways, Jota is massively outclassed in strength by two whole tiers. He only has Phosphatorium and speed, which I can see him using if he sees none of his attacks do any damage at all.

Jota typically fights in a way I can only describe as constantly moving around and launching projectile attacks from a distance, which gives him enough time to figure out he doesn’t do damage conventionally.
You know I gotta, ask, are you ok with participating in this thread? Cause you don't have to force yourself to do so if you don't want to.

Why not First Key Patry?

Is because of the possibility of William controlling the body if Patry is losing to see if his magic is more appropiate to the fight?

Why not First Key Patry?

Is because of the possibility of William controlling the body if Patry is losing to see if his magic is more appropiate to the fight?
No it's because Jota has a move that can 1 shot Patry which is why I put him in a key that would give him the AP advantage to do the same.

Honestly I think Patry having the AP advantage by that much either makes it a stomp in his favor or makes Jota more likely to pull out Phosphatorium. It would be a very speculative argument from the Jota side. First key is only 2x stronger than Jota, 6x when unleashed (Baseline 6-C, one shots require 7.5x)

Honestly I think Patry having the AP advantage by that much either makes it a stomp in his favor or makes Jota more likely to pull out Phosphatorium. It would be a very speculative argument from the Jota side. First key is only 2x stronger than Jota, 6x when unleashed (Baseline 6-C, one shots require 7.5x)
Hmm, ok then I'll change Patry to his second key and since Patry won't be able to tank Jota's Photon guns anymore I'll also change the starting distance to 1 kilometer to keep things fair.

Last edited:
Jota would more than likely turn the photons to close the distance at first, what's the main thing that he needs to worry about from Patry?

Jota would more than likely turn the photons to close the distance at first, what's the main thing that he needs to worry about from Patry?
Danmaku, which he uses as his first move and has a range of kilometers(thousands of kilometers when unsealed). Aside from that he also Aura(which seems to be of the Overwhelming category so it could hamper Jota's fighting capabilities), Accelerated Development(which will allow him to keep up with Jota assuming that the fight lasts long enough),Statistics Amplification and Rage power, and Healing(though I'm not sure if he would have the time needed to use this). He can also choose to unseal himself which will make him 6-C.

Last edited:
Danmaku is a main problem, but Jota could definitely warp multiple times to reduce damage. Eventually he'll try using Phosphatorium which should power

Danmaku is a main problem, but Jota could definitely warp multiple times to reduce damage. Eventually he'll try using Phosphatorium which should power
Doesn't Jota need to specify a location before teleporting since he can't think while he turn into photons? Cause I'm not sure if he could do that while he's being bombarded by projectiles since he'll be busy focusing on defense.

However that said I think Jotas reactions should let him spam the warping and take pots shots like he normally does and take hits less, it's a speed vs strength thing that can go either way

Patry is able to increase his speed and strenght mid fight via Accelerated development

Finally, If Patry is completely desperate for winning, he has danmaku of the level of being able to have an attack for every citizen of a whole country and is almost instant, he has to unseal himself first to do it

In a fight where Julius was nerfing himself not to kill, the moment Julius had the upper hand, he unsealed himself and resorted to killing everyone just to tired Julius who wasted all of his mana to save the whole country, Jota has the upper hand in speed, Patry would unseal himself more quickly and after seeing that his speed is not good enough, probably would danmaku the **** of him

So Jota has to hax him first and Jota in game (I don't know anything about novels or whatever gunvolt has of secundary canon), Jota only uses his ultimate when he is almost defeated/mid to late fight (like every boss except Elise)

Last edited:
Patry has a huge AP advantage, it may straight up cause Jota to use Phosphatorium really on just from being hit once or a couple times

I actually do have a question regarding secondary canon btw, what if stuff outside the game was specifically made to fill in the gaps the original game didn't have time to cover at all? Is it somehow "less canon" than just the game?

I actually do have a question regarding secondary canon btw, what if stuff outside the game was specifically used to fill in the gaps the original game didn't have time to cover at all? Is it somehow "less canon" than just the game?
I said "secondary canon" just because is not the games, is more secondary but is of course valid

Like the range of his attacks that comes from a novel, if using the game only, he would just have ten metters or so

If the secondary canon you are saying fill the gaps, then is of course valid as long as is considered canon to said games
Patry has a huge AP advantage
If he can land an attack of course, but with FTL+ dodging versus relativistic, Jota is 45 times faster than Patry and 10 times faster than his light attacks, I can only see the extreme danmaku landing on Jota

If speed is equalized this would be a stomp for Patry, without that, is just "who win first with his win condition" and I don't know if Jota can see that his Hax is the best option as he is "arrogant" but not to the point of being stupid, but if he sees that his speed is enough, then I can't see him using hax before Patry just nukes

I said "secondary canon" just because is not the games, is more secondary but is of course valid

Like the range of his attacks that comes from a novel, if using the game only, he would just have ten metters or so
I see. But also for specifically games everything would have tens of meters of range because everything can fly off screen, so I guess it would have to be an anti feat shown by the game to keep it there instead of anything higher
If he can land an attack of course, but with FTL+ dodging versus relativistic, Jota is 45 times faster than Patry and 10 times faster than his light attacks, I can only see the extreme danmaku landing on Jota

If speed is equalized this would be a stomp for Patry, without that, is just "who win first with his win condition" and I don't know if Jota can see that his Hax is the best option as he is "arrogant" but not to the point of being stupid, but if he sees that his speed is enough, then I can't see him using hax before Patry just nukes
Hm, yeah that's pretty true. He could use Judgement Ray ig if he understands that needs to kinda abuse his defensive hax a bit to dodge his danmaku. But I can also see him trying Phosphatorium if he's sees that none of his attacks are working too after trying everything else

I will vote inconclusive because both win conditions needs time and it depends of who gets pissed earlier with both characters not being known for getting pissed

Back