• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Okami Amaterasu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna give it to Superman. Xray and microscopic vision would allow him to detect and hit any weaknesses, should they exist, Freeze breath that can put out suns, Time travel, and any host of hax from his long history should be enough. Granted, everything I know about Amaterasu came from the profile, so I will stand by to be corrected.

Well Ammy can just make new suns when he freezes them, She can freeze time and has survived seeing her past self die in front of her. She can debatably freeze time when she uses her brush. Plus she has higher AP by being "At least 4-B. Here are some moves.

Godhood: Amaterasu possesses, at maximum, 4 "auto-shields" that enable her to absorb the blow from any attack, which instantly destroys the shield in the process. The standard level is 0, and the shields rejuvanate themselves through extensive melee combinations performed by Amaterasu.

Tenjin Gahitsu (Celestial Brush): The staple power of the sun-goddess Amaterasu, the Brush enables her to temporarily freeze time and perform actions on a special scroll with a unique blend of ink, which are then projected properly into the surronding real-world environment. For example: drawing a straight line of any direction on an opponent activates the "Power Slash" ability, slicing into the enemy.

Freezing a sun was an example of power, not a tactic, he is much more likely to use it on her, pretty sure it is an absolute zero ability. Being able to survive a time paradox could prove problematic, but can she time Travel on her own or not? The shields do not worry me, his microscopic heat vision should bypass it. Still gonna give it to Superman for now. Thanks for the response.

I haven't played in a while so I can't say whether she did it on her own.

Is it absolute zero? She likely can fight it off with her solar flare weapons. He time manipulation made a character who move so fast that it was basically teleporting, to making all movements visible. She can use this to dodge attacks. Also how does Heat Vision Bypass shields that protect her from damage. She can deflect his attacks with vengeance slips, cause explosions with exorcist slips...somehow. She has a constant healing factor from the sun. Healing from Holy Bones. Can change the time of day from day and night at will. And her attacks happen almost immediately. I say she has more hax advantage and like I said, she has the AP advantage.

I'm gonna have to go with superman due to his abilities to create whatever power he needs to at any time in any situation.

Isn't that some sort of NLF? Most of the stuff he created are useless in battle anyway.

And throughout the fight Ammy will have Higher AP than supes, so she will be doing more damage to him then the other way around.

I agree that (even if he has demonstrated the ability) the whole "he can create any power he wants" should be viewed as NLF and he should only be assumed capable of giving himself powers he's explicitly shown to.

on topic, I'd give this to Supes via super-hypnosis, time travel (he'd start off with these since he's bloodlusted) and higher intelligence along with Cal's reasoning (would she notice her stars are powering him up in time?)

Yeah, she would as she has shown to have some foresight and she's extremely intellegent. As she has all the memories and intellect of all her past lives. How does time travel help. She survived seeing her past life getting killed and nothing happened and being able to time travel doesn't make you immune to time manipulation does it?. Her time manipulation is very potent. She has her own items along with ressurection. She can deflect his attacks with vengeance slips. She stops time each time she uses her brush. And she has the AP advantage and will also get some help from sunlight as it will heal her. I feel like Ammy's powers are a little underatted, but I may be wrong.

No but her range is insane as she could spin a galaxy from earth. Breathing in space...I have no idea. She can breath in water though.

And she has dealt with flying enemies before. And her power slash is technically invisible.

Also she has shown to be able breath in water. Without help.

If she can't breath in space then Bloodlusted Supes can just planet-bust at the start and let her suffocate.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The real cal howard said:
Supes. Her sun creation will be her downfall.
She could just replace it with the moon.
Both are bloodlusted, and she would have to know or have time to figure out that is where he is drawing his strength from, and, in my opinion, by the time that realization happens, should she even create a sun, it will be too late. I think Cal's reasoning is good enough.

His power won't increase that fast. And people ignore the AP advantage against Supes meaning the moment she sees him getting stronger she will change the time of day. Supes has to increase his AP to match hers. So she has a counter for that. I feel like Ammy is being underestimated here. Which is understandable since Okami isn't much of an unknown verse.

I feel as though my points are being ignored. If my points don't help then truthfully tell me. But it seems like everyone is agreeing for supes when my last points have not been addressed.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
His power won't increase that fast. And people ignore the AP advantage against Supes meaning the moment she sees him getting stronger she will change the time of day. Supes has to increase his AP to match hers. So she has a counter for that. I feel like Ammy is being underestimated here. Which is understandable since Okami isn't much of an unknown verse.
Honestly, I feel like you are underestimating Super, but that's just me. He doesn't need to match her AP when Microscopic heat vision and absolute zero freeze breath is going to out hax her. On top of that, there I are things like hypnosis and a variety of other had over his long history to help him out. Also, is her durability also higher? Cause if it's not, he doesn't have to raise his AP, but, reading the profiles alone, its hard for me to pinpoint exactly the difference between the two, though I am trying my best.

Anyway, whats the vote count? This thread is starting to get some traction, which is awesome.

How am I underestimating Supes. In know how strong he is. Someone with "At Least" in front of their tier is technically stronger than someone with just the flat out tier. I don't try to downplay or wank a character and if I do call me out on it please. I use what I know. But I haven't seen anything that states he has defense against her time manipulation. I just feel as though Ammy is being underestimated here.

What's his counter for her brush, time control, vengeance slips, her control over ice(His freeze breath counts as a source so she can control it.), attack absorption, invisible power slash or her shields? Her celestial brush can attack him in the air since it has intergalactic range. She isn't gonna sit down and let him destroy the planet(although she can likely breath in space.)

She would have to see the freeze breath coming to control it, as soon as it hits her, which is likely if she doesn't shee it coming, the fight is in his favor.

Time manipulation is a problem, already granted that, as is the apparent ability to suvive a paradox. That alone makes the fight difficult for Superman.

Attack Absorbtion is also a problem. Not sure I understand the extent of them. Would the defend against internal attacks?

Invisible powerless is countered by the Super senses. I assume it Still makes some sort of noise, it would allow him to act accordingly.

Never questioned her range, but I do question her ability to survive in space. Its arguable though, so spacing her isn't the best option.

Does she have any resistance to mind control?

Considering how in her world gusts of air can be seen, I feel as though she could see it coming. Also is it Absolute Zero. Plus she can manipulate fire to protect her. And of course that's if it hits. Plus she can react to Nine-Tails power slashes...Meaning Supes can likely react to hers but I've proven my point.

Heat Vision is still something launched at her and visible, she can dodge that. Also she has the versatility advantage as well. In weapons and abilities.

Plus she can just constantly slow time. She has proven that she could do so back to back. If she sees him prepare an attack, she will likely stop it. She has thousands of years of experience and so she knows not to take anyting for granted.

By see it coming, I mean she doesn't know he has it. Blood lusted he is likely to use it for a kill. As for it Being absolute zero, good question, I assumed since it could put out stars it was, but that assumption may have been incorrect. Their reaction being the same means she is just as likely to get hit as he is to hit her. Reactions aren't a factor with speed equalized.

Heat Vision can be dodged. Never said it couldn't, but when concentrated with microscopic vision, I see it becoming a problem.

As for versatility. Eh, I mean, this site doesn't list every power Pre-Crisis superman has, but I assumed he had access to all of them. A mod can corre t me on this, but that is a lot of powers. Most of them useless here, but some could prove effective. Really can't give either the versatility advantage myself.

Tone manipulation, to me, is her greatest strength, as is her apparent ability to survive a paradox. But if Superman can travel back in time and kill a weaker version, and she can't follow, I mean, I'm not sure how this would work.

Again, Does she have any resistance to hypnosis? If she does, that helps her case even more for me. I am always willing to change my vote, just trying to narrow reasoning down.

Well this is how I narrowed it. A lot of his skills like Reality Warping and stuff as far as I know(I know nothing btw XD) is for Low 2-C Supes.

Ammy:

-Time Manipulation

-Versatility

-Experience

-Paradox Survival

-Higher AP and Durability

-Attack Reflection/Absorption

-Can Manipulate Elements(Including Ice Breath)

-Constant Healing via Solar Energy

-Healing with Holy Bones

-Protective shields that make her immune to damage from 4 attacks.

-Can Change day into night.

Supes:

- Mind Manipulation

- Higher Intellect (Debatably.)

-Possible Absolute Zero Ice, Not confirmed yet.

-Solar Boost

Did I miss anything?

I likely missed som stuff about Supes but you'll fix that. I'm tired today. I'll be back tomorrow.

"Did I miss anything"

Uh yeah. Superman's Super kiss and his ability to shoot tiny versions of himself out of his fingers!

Jk. Not a bad breakdown. I will post mine later.

Amaterasu also can freeze others to absolute zero. Also the astral pouch will bring her back to life if she is killed, and the string of stray beads gives her infinite health and ink.

Just putting it out there, Amaterasu is likely losing her 4-B form. There is currently a revision and she may get upgraded to 3-C.

Will leave this open until the thread reaches a decisive conclusion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back