• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amaterasu (Ōkami) VS Phoenix (Marvel vs. Capcom) (0-3-0)

Amaterasu scales higher than Phoenix (in base at least) and should have a pretty clear intelligence advantage, but I'd say Jean's got much more potent advantages. Aside from the fact that X-Factor and Dark Phoenix could make the AP advantage less effective, both states would also give Jean a speed advantage over Amaterasu. Lets also not forget that Phoenix's starting attack is most certainly going to be mind hax-based, which Ammy can't resist. She can either make Ammy do whatever she wants or just put her to sleep. Even though Ammy has an AP advantage and time manip, Phoenix has much more potent wincons (also worth noting that Phoenix resists fire manip easily)

Voting Phoenix

Amaterasu scales higher than Phoenix (in base at least) and should have a pretty clear intelligence advantage, but I'd say Jean's got much more potent advantages. Aside from the fact that X-Factor and Dark Phoenix could make the AP advantage less effective, both states would also give Jean a speed advantage over Amaterasu. Lets also not forget that Phoenix's starting attack is most certainly going to be mind hax-based, which Ammy can't resist. She can either make Ammy do whatever she wants or just put her to sleep. Even though Ammy has an AP advantage and time manip, Phoenix has much more potent wincons (also worth noting that Phoenix resists fire manip easily)

Voting Phoenix
Counted.

Ammy essentially has hax herself, given that she can just stop time at will and slash Phoenix' head off. She also has resistances to various mind-affecting hax (not proper mind manip but various adjacent abilities) but I don't really want to push for that given it's not on the profile at all. If anyone's curious, here's my sandbox.

Last edited:
Ammy essentially has hax herself, given that she can just stop time at will and slash Phoenix' head off. She also has resistances to various mind-affecting hax (not proper mind manip but various adjacent abilities) but I don't really want to push for that given it's not on the profile at all. If anyone's curious, here's my sandbox.
Honestly I was pretty sure Ammy’s profile needed an update, so I’m not too surprised about this

Back