• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers & Abilities Evaluations Thread

Does this help any? It's all the context there is.
"Featuring action ranged gameplay, you play as the Blood Spear, a cursed weapon with demonic powers who is able to possess the body of dead ghosts."

Apparently it's just Possession but presented weirdly. It doesn't give the ghost a body, it goes to the ghost then go possess their dead body.

Last edited:
"Featuring action ranged gameplay, you play as the Blood Spear, a cursed weapon with demonic powers who is able to possess the body of dead ghosts."

Apparently it's just Possession but presented weirdly. It doesn't give the ghost a body, it goes to the ghost then go possess their dead body.
I know that, but it doesn't really explain why the ghost has a spiritual body one moment and a physical body the next.

What physical body? It's a ghost. It has no physical form, but once the spear possesses it, it does.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Like you can't try to tell me that this is the same body. There's clearly some sort of physical body creation going on.

What physical body? It's a ghost. It has no physical form, but once the spear possesses it, it does.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Like you can't try to tell me that this is the same body. There's clearly some sort of physical body creation going on.
Or it turns a non-physical body into a physical one somehow though that is just a possible idea as to how that might work.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Sounds like more of a theory than what actually happen. The game says you just possess the actual dead body. At best could be Resurrection.

Oh right. Yeah, in that case, still no empathic manip. Like the first scan says, newborns look for love and she sorts of takes advantage of that.

Hmm, why would that be? I can't see it myself, but curious about your answer
Uhh well Madaura (the lady who's using the magic), is able to control their emotions and feelings making them vulnerable and lose their will to fight against her (like she did against Morgiana in the links I sent). She shows them love and eases their worries, calming them down.

She also states that it works in conjunction with motherly love and it's especially effective on those who didn't experience motherly love during infancy, which is why it worked on Hakuryuu.

Last edited:
but thats not what's happening here? Like she isn't manipulating their emotions via powers,
What do you mean? That's precisely what she's doing.

The Holy Mother Halo Fan disturbs the opponent's mind with light magic and imprints an image (which is Mind Manipulation). It then changes the instinctive behavior- the survival instinct, to search for their mothers. That signal is then sent straight into the brain (Biological Manipulation)

Empathetic Manipulation comes into play because it can soothe or calm someone as shown against Morgiana, and it can also cause someone to forfeit and stop fighting, like she did against Morgiana, Alibaba, Aladdin and Hakuryuu. She also uses it to induce feelings of love as she attempted to use against Alibaba.

She is filling a void in their hearts of course. But it's through Mind, Biological, Light, and Empathetic Manipulation. She doesn't show any signs of Social Influencing against the group, though I guess it could work since there are kids there that follow her even without her using her magic.

Heavily context dependent. The first one... Could law manip, or death manip, or both law and death manip. Hard to be 100% sure without seeing it in action

Heavily context dependent. The first one... Could law manip, or death manip, or both law and death manip. Hard to be 100% sure without seeing it in action
eh its kinda passive but essentially the person negates the rule of death that's been casted by the god of the verse.

Ig law manip seems more fitting then.

What about the second? Anymore context around that?
Verse basically works with the characters controlling laws and some characters "are the very rules themselves" Ive decided for abstract type 2 but just wanna hear if there's something else im missing

Back