• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers & Abilities Evaluations Thread

This one needs a bit of context. Reimu, through what is essentially spatial manip, is able to create a compact space within which no boundaries exist. Boundaries in Touhou are type 1 concepts, so she is creating a space without concepts. Is this conceptual destruction? It also seemingly widens the range of one's attacks, but that's probably just an application of the spatial manip.
unknown.png

This one needs a bit of context. Reimu, through what is essentially spatial manip, is able to create a compact space within which no boundaries exist. Boundaries in Touhou are type 1 concepts, so she is creating a space without concepts. Is this conceptual destruction? It also seemingly widens the range of one's attacks, but that's probably just an application of the spatial manip.
unknown.png
Maybe its destruction though I could see it also being void manip that creates a void where concepts don't exist so I feel like it could be a conceptual power nulling space or erasure.

What ability could this be from Zekka? He strikes his opponent so quickly that part of his opponent's body is converted into glass from the high heat and as it cools down, the place on the opponent's body where he struck cracks and shatters.

I was thinking this could be a form of Transmutation but not sure what else.

What ability could this be from Zekka? He strikes his opponent so quickly that part of his opponent's body is converted into glass from the high heat and as it cools down, the place on the opponent's body where he struck cracks and shatters.

Yeah I could say transmutation via heat manip

Transmutation and Temperature Manipulation should cover it

What ability is this?

ProvokeThe monster is forced to only attack the monster which applied the effect. Provoked monsters will attack with their 1st skill.

Absorbs isotopes, activate them, Vaporized it and controlling what they element are united to that Isotopes, would be manipulation of matter at the Atomic/Sub-atomic level, Right?

So I was about to call this Probability Manipulation but I know how crazy some of us are. I'm probably wrong anyway so:

What do you rate the ability to fire a massive attack that harms the intended target but not the person in the way of the target? The person in the way is in the blast already but is unaffected by the blast but the devil attacking the person got vaped to oblivion.

edit: forgot second link

Last edited:
So I was about to call this Probability Manipulation but I know how crazy some of us are. I'm probably wrong anyway so:

What do you rate the ability to fire a massive attack that harms the intended target but not the person in the way of the target? The person in the way is in the blast already but is unaffected by the blast but the devil attacking the person got vaped to oblivion.
Why is it attacking the devil? This reminds me of Allen's sword from dgm which can attack the evil part within the Noahs but not them or others so could be some form of holy manip

Why is it attacking the devil? This reminds me of Allen's sword from dgm which can attack the evil part within the Noahs but not them or others so could be some form of holy manip

It's more like they instructed the Magic Circle to ignore allies when a spell is activated. Not really holy manipulation, it can be done to anyone.

Wait doesn't them got Shield on their back?

No that's Magic Circle from Mana Method, they were engulfed with the devil in close proximity. And the dude could talk and be perfectly fine in the blast while the devil in front of him was meeting God.

Oh, and the blast should've protected the devil too if it was a shield.

maybe selective intangibility then

Hmm... this looks more likely to be it. Maybe ill wait for further input while I go with this in the meantime.

In this scene, Jean and the Phoenix Force merge into one being, generating a large explosion and disappearing in the end; and in another scene we can see the Phoenix traveling through space again. That would be regeneration?

Would a character killing the genre they are a part of be considered plot manipulation? Like a character in a platforming game being able to "kill" platforming games.

Back