• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Rangers Revisions (Part 1, Speed and AP)

They scale to Ranger forms, not civilian forms
in the crossover the unmorphed rangers were fighting the same enemies werent they? also the rangers in the crossovers are portrayed as equal unmorphed or not, u dont see the dino charge rangers being said to be million times stronger than the og unmorphed rangers
A) Tommy suddenly kicking Goldar's ass when Goldar can consistently fight evenly with the Green Ranger makes for a lot of inconsistency, does it not?
B) Goldar wasn't even harmed and he even says "I've toyed with you long enough!". After that, Jason has to stealth his way through the smoke to not get killed. Pretty clearly pointing to Jason standing no chance there
goldar is often cocky and underestimates the opponent thats why tommy was able to get some hits in (also some kind of rage power that goes like the more serious a ranger is the more powerful he gets is an actual thing but i need to relook some episodes to be sure)
the jason one, i will concede on that point since now that i look again, its fine to not use it, instead here is a tommy feat
As for the Jungle Fury example, Lily and Casey did keep up in speed, but he literally redirected their attacks and sent them away. I would not consider that to be a good example of AP scaling
they still took attacks from 2 5-A ganging up on em and were fine, why wouldnt their ap scale to their durability? also shouldnt mean that possible mftl can be argued ? they react to their attacks
Again, they're often being toyed with, so its not like the monsters are really putting their all into attacking the civilain characters a lot of the time. At best, this is a case of them having 9-B AP and Tier 5 durability (essentially being stone walls)
some monsters are being sent with their life at stake and stuff, why wouldnt they put everything they got to destroy them? also if their 9-B and the monster is 5-A then the monster's mere breath would kill them the gap is GIGANTIC, even if u say 5-A durability all rangers unmorphed can harm each other so..
This is true, but Zayto was using the PR version of the Ryusoul Calibur, so its not like he was just blocking the attacks with his unarmed physical attacks
pretty sure the dino fury rangers wen unmorphed took attacks from the swords and were fine but i will be rlly busy those days and soon i will go to sleep so i cant bother to find them rn

in the crossover the unmorphed rangers were fighting the same enemies werent they? also the rangers in the crossovers are portrayed as equal unmorphed or not, u dont see the dino charge rangers being said to be million times stronger than the og unmorphed rangers
Depends on which enemies you mean. What you're saying is very vague. If you mean the fodder enemies? No, that's not scalable if they fought side by side
goldar is often cocky and underestimates the opponent thats why tommy was able to get some hits in (also some kind of rage power that goes like the more serious a ranger is the more powerful he gets is an actual thing but i need to relook some episodes to be sure)
the jason one, i will concede on that point since now that i look again, its fine to not use it, instead here is a tommy feat
Not sure that new Tommy feat can be used for much admittedly
they still took attacks from 2 5-A ganging up on em and were fine, why wouldnt their ap scale to their durability? also shouldnt mean that possible mftl can be argued ? they react to their attacks
They didn't tank attacks. They were simply tossed away, which doesn't count
some monsters are being sent with their life at stake and stuff, why wouldnt they put everything they got to destroy them? also if their 9-B and the monster is 5-A then the monster's mere breath would kill them the gap is GIGANTIC, even if u say 5-A durability all rangers unmorphed can harm each other so..

pretty sure the dino fury rangers wen unmorphed took attacks from the swords and were fine but i will be rlly busy those days and soon i will go to sleep so i cant bother to find them rn
I don't believe the monsters really fear for their lives when they're fighting humans, AKA, the same beings they commonly fodderize on a daily basis. Again, its not really fair to say they're going all out against civilians

Depends on which enemies you mean. What you're saying is very vague. If you mean the fodder enemies? No, that's not scalable if they fought side by side
in the opening there was goldar maximus, snide and other dino charge villains, unmorphed dino charge rangers and unmorphed beast morpher rangers were side by side fighting them
Not sure that new Tommy feat can be used for much admittedly
He fights with the dino thunder villain, why wouldnt it count?
They didn't tank attacks. They were simply tossed away, which doesn't count
if they were 9-B they would die by a simple punch of a 5-A, all rangers take multiple attacks from those monsters while unmorphed and their fine
I don't believe the monsters really fear for their lives when they're fighting humans, AKA, the same beings they commonly fodderize on a daily basis. Again, its not really fair to say they're going all out against civilians
not wat i mean, imagine ur boss is zedd, arcanon or gruumm and ur a monster ready to kill the rangers but then u dont do it cuz "i dont feel like it" do u think someone like zedd, arcanon or gruumm would think like "its ok u will do it next time"? no they would destroy instantly, those monsters know their screwed if they dont do wat their boss says

in the opening there was goldar maximus, snide and other dino charge villains, unmorphed dino charge rangers and unmorphed beast morpher rangers were side by side fighting them
They fought fodder alongside each other before transforming. There's not civilian to morphed Ranger scaling here
He fights with the dino thunder villain, why wouldnt it count?
Pretty outlierish for Tommy and it wasn't even much of a good example of him fighting the villain tbh
if they were 9-B they would die by a simple punch of a 5-A, all rangers take multiple attacks from those monsters while unmorphed and their fine
He doesn't physically strike them
not wat i mean, imagine ur boss is zedd, arcanon or gruumm and ur a monster ready to kill the rangers but then u dont do it cuz "i dont feel like it" do u think someone like zedd, arcanon or gruumm would think like "its ok u will do it next time"? no they would destroy instantly, those monsters know their screwed if they dont do wat their boss says
I do see what you mean, but even then, if we assume the monsters are absolutely going all out in those moments, it creates plot contradictions

They fought fodder alongside each other before transforming. There's not civilian to morphed Ranger scaling here
no? here around 3:30 first they fight morphed then their morphers get stolen and then they fight unmorphed
Pretty outlierish for Tommy and it wasn't even much of a good example of him fighting the villain tbh
fight was done multiple times, maybe i can get a better scan, also y outlier for tommy? this, the goldar feat would prove he can somewhat put a fight before getting overwhelmed
the girl who fought morphed rangers literally strikes them also the rest of the fight is off screen, there could be a time where he attacks them
I do see what you mean, but even then, if we assume the monsters are absolutely going all out in those moments, it creates plot contradictions
i dont say we assume they go all out but to say they hold their power back like superman or smth on the rangers is very stupid

just wanted to know, forget the unmorphed scaling, how does anything else look? the god tier and morphed rangers changings plus the unmorphed scaling for drakkon, zenowing and cruger

no? here around 3:30 first they fight morphed then their morphers get stolen and then they fight unmorphed
That's exactly what I was referring to. Fighting fodder alongside stronger opponents does not give us good scaling
fight was done multiple times, maybe i can get a better scan, also y outlier for tommy? this, the goldar feat would prove he can somewhat put a fight before getting overwhelmed
We already went over why the Goldar feats can't be used for civilians. It goes as far as to shatter the narrative as well as statements from Zordon honestly
the girl who fought morphed rangers literally strikes them also the rest of the fight is off screen, there could be a time where he attacks them
We cannot assume there were more times where he struck them. That is not fair to assume
dont say we assume they go all out but to say they hold their power back like superman or smth on the rangers is very stupid
Not necessary pulling Supermans. Its just that it isn't really fair to give unmorphed characters the same tier as the monsters
just wanted to know, forget the unmorphed scaling, how does anything else look? the god tier and morphed rangers changings plus the unmorphed scaling for drakkon, zenowing and cruger
I'll get back to you on that

That's exactly what I was referring to. Fighting fodder alongside stronger opponents does not give us good scaling
so snide, goldar maximus and dino charge villains are fodders? since when?
We already went over why the Goldar feats can't be used for civilians. It goes as far as to shatter the narrative as well as statements from Zordon honestly
well, for tommy it might be fine seeing he can fight with multiple villains while unmorphed or atleast take some of their attacks
We cannot assume there were more times where he struck them. That is not fair to assume
the monster kicked lilly, the girl hitted both, the fight while unmorphed went for quit a long time and they were fighting both at the same time
Not necessary pulling Supermans. Its just that it isn't really fair to give unmorphed characters the same tier as the monsters
again, not saying same tier, im saying they downscale alot but not to the point of being below planet
I'll get back to you on that
ok

so snide, goldar maximus and dino charge villains are fodders? since when?
I'm not referring to them. The civilians in that scene only fought the fodder grunts. Not the guys like Goldar Maximus
the monster kicked lilly, the girl hitted both, the fight while unmorphed went for quit a long time and they were fighting both at the same time
I don't recall the monster kicking Lily
well, for tommy it might be fine seeing he can fight with multiple villains while unmorphed or atleast take some of their attacks

again, not saying same tier, im saying they downscale alot but not to the point of being below planet
These should be discussed with more supporters

Anyhow, I also remember hearing Dino Charge has really high end stuff in comparison to most of PR but idk if that was ever touched on

I'm not referring to them. The civilians in that scene only fought the fodder grunts. Not the guys like Goldar Maximus
they all lost their powers and then people like maximus, snide etc. ganged up on them, they were also portrayed as equal not as "dino charge rangers are 10000000000000000000000 times more powerful"
I don't recall the monster kicking Lily
its a bit earlier
These should be discussed with more supporters

Anyhow, I also remember hearing Dino Charge has really high end stuff in comparison to most of PR but idk if that was ever touched on
other seasons have good stuff too but the problem is........are there any active supporters? i dont think the power ranger supporters are active unless im mistaken which i hope i am

should we at least agree on the morphed rangers ratings and the god tier stuff? since the unmorphed thing needs more supporters and discussion and there are more important things than unmorphed ratings

EDIT: wat i mean is like, discuss the unmorphed rangers in another thread, a more organized one with more supporters

Regardless of where we put their unmorphed states, it should at the least be somewhat stronger than them prior to getting the morphers no? That's been pretty consistent(ish) throughout the show.

Regardless of where we put their unmorphed states, it should at the least be somewhat stronger than them prior to getting the morphers no? That's been pretty consistent(ish) throughout the show.
ye, i agree but unmorphed rangers scaling should have its own thread for now i say we focus on the rest

im gonna say again the rest just in case
UNMORPHED
Those 3 (drakkon, zenowing and cruger) in their unmorphed forms they only have very good 5-A stuff and no anti-feats plus no ranger unmorphed scales to them, if anything they are treated as superior
Drakkon (Dominated the morphed mighty morphin power rangers)
Zenowing (Fought against Arcanon and Doomwing and was able to wound them)
Cruger (Fought and wounded Gruumm)
MORPHED
So the dino charge rangers are accepted as "at least 5-A", so cuz of new crossovers why not scale all other rangers to them?
GOD TIERS
The grid gets Large Size type 10, the profile pretty much explains why
Drakkon has the acausality in his unmorphed key

I'm still not sure why all Rangers throughout history would scale to 5-A, the villains brought back in Beast Morphers should have a Beast Morphers key by themselves, no? I'm not very confident in making everyone scale to each other through one of the latest seasons.

I'm still not sure why all Rangers throughout history would scale to 5-A, the villains brought back in Beast Morphers should have a Beast Morphers key by themselves, no? I'm not very confident in making everyone scale to each other through one of the latest seasons.
multiple canon crossovers

goldar should have yes, the rest why? in their series they have 5-A feats and their the power level remains the same

multiple canon crossovers
Kamen Rider has this too, but we also have to account for outliers so everyone doesn't end up 2-A scaling to Decade.

Can you prove that in every season since Mighty Morphin, the Rangers have consistently remained 5-A? I know for a fact that some seasons like Ninja Storm have much lower consistent feats.

Kamen Rider has this too, but we also have to account for outliers so everyone doesn't end up 2-A scaling to Decade.
kamen rider is different than power rangers
Can you prove that in every season since Mighty Morphin, the Rangers have consistently remained 5-A? I know for a fact that some seasons like Ninja Storm have much lower consistent feats.
not all seasons have to show very high feats but ig u could take a look here, some stuff missing like corona aurora feats but it has some the most important feats

Last edited:
This does make me wonder why we have so many of them scaling to 5-A. like the main reason looks to be white ranger tommy fought lord Zed. But Zed was clearly toying with him the whole fight, and was effortless rag dolling tommy while he had the ninja powers.

This does make me wonder why we have so many of them scaling to 5-A. like the main reason looks to be white ranger tommy fought lord Zed. But Zed was clearly toying with him the whole fight, and was effortless rag dolling tommy while he had the ninja powers.
yeah the white ranger feat should most likely be removed but if it gets accepted the main reason will be dino charge stuff, the only rangers that can maybe scale to zedd are the omega rangers afaik

Tommy turned the fight around as soon as he actually used his weapon

can we like discuss the white ranger in another thread? this thread is gonna change the AP so it wont be a problem anymore

Last edited:
I think some organization is in order to determine how the scaling should go and if more keys are required
should i create a more organized thread for morphed ranger scaling?

also are u all ok with the god tier changes?

alr, i will make a better AP thread for the morphed rangers once the god tier stuff discussion ends

Last edited:
Back