• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Rangers Revisions (Part 1, Speed and AP)

so the power rangers profiles are bad so i will do my best to fix them, time to start with ap and speed (minus god tiers cuz it might be controversial)
Current Tiering and Explanation
the tiering and explanation are good but then u realize fighting goldar is not large island, goldar by no means is no weaker than a random monster of the week (as the profiles suggest)

Goldar is trained by zedd and has a very good combat experience(i think from go go power rangers? will look for the issue later)

Goldar is stated to be one of the few monsters to be able to combat the rangers (Official site)

Goldar consistently fights morphed rangers

its not only goldar, rangers constantly fight high tier monster villains while unmorphed and sometimes even overpower them

We are not done obv, this suggest that unmorphed rangers scale to rangers, at first it sounds silly but later we see that unmorphed rangers have indeed soloed antire ranger teams before and its weirdly consistent

drakkon solos the mmpr team (MMPR#51)

jen scott solos the time force team (Time force sins of the future)
to name a few
so pretty much upgrade every unmorphed ranger and monster to 5-A
we also have unmorphed dino charge rangers higher than other unmorphed rangers which makes no sense since they all scale to each other

Morphed Rangers
Currently we scale the rangers to Vrak's eclipse, at first glance this seems fine but then u realize it shouldnt be used

Since there are some good 5-A dino charge stuff that all rangers scale to (if ur wondering why, just look the new crossover)

Vrak's eclipse also have a problem, its nowhere stated that he caused the eclipse

so all rangers should be upgraded to 5-A

Speed
As seen above, we should have everyone at MFTL+ (Slower than their ranger forms but not by much)

God Tiers
The god tiers revisions will come in the end but only 2 stuff
Drakkon
Move the Acausality (Type 4) to his unmorphed key since he doesnt need to morph to have it
Grid
Large Size (type 10), the profile pretty much explains why

TL;DR
All unmorphed rangers become 5A and MFTL+ speed rating
All morphed rangers and monsters become 5A

Drakkon has the Acausality in his unmorphed key
Grid gets Large Size (type 10)

EDIT: ignore the unmorphed scaling, i will make a new thread for it in the future

Agree: 2 (sir ovens) (velox)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Oh I am extremely extremely iffy on the whole unmorphed thing. Drakkon is a special case, but I will drop a bigger reply later.

Hold up- Power rangers have low 1c guys and MFTL+ speed? My entire life, i have been lied to that they are building level at most.

Sorry, I will get to this soon (hopefully). Just too busy with other stuff and whatnot.

its not only goldar, rangers constantly fight high tier monster villains while unmorphed and sometimes even overpower them
Is that a reason that fury scales to morphed rangers?

Move the Acausality (Type 4) to his unmorphed key since he doesnt need to morph to have
Reason
All unmorphed rangers become 5A and MFTL+ speed rating
My biggest problem with this is, it feels inconsistent. Like we have 3 instances right now where the unmorphed rangers can defeated the morphed ones, but only 2 seems like they can be used.

Regarding Drakkon, I don't see why he would be considered a normal unmorphed ranger. That dude is built different - literally and figuratively. Considering how much experimentations and power amps he had gone through, there is no reason to assume he is equal to his past self or even Jason.

In his first appearance or so, it was implied he had gone through some experiments by Rita or something, I will recheck that one day.

But in any case, we have no proof that normal unmorphed scales to unmorphed Drakkon. Drakkon is not a normal case.

Regarding Barry Vs fury, I would like to see some other fights of fury before judging this.

As for Jen Scott... Probably usable, but considering that - at least in comics - unmorphed rangers aren't billions of times stronger than normal humans, so I would have to disagree with unmorphed being 5-A and mftl+ for now.

Also is Jen a normal human? Can we see some of her other feats? Cause that could most likely be an inconsistency of some sort.

Also, you said the eclipse feat is wrong? If so, what would you replace it with?

Is that a reason that fury scales to morphed rangers?

Reason

My biggest problem with this is, it feels inconsistent. Like we have 3 instances right now where the unmorphed rangers can defeated the morphed ones, but only 2 seems like they can be used.

Regarding Drakkon, I don't see why he would be considered a normal unmorphed ranger. That dude is built different - literally and figuratively. Considering how much experimentations and power amps he had gone through, there is no reason to assume he is equal to his past self or even Jason.

In his first appearance or so, it was implied he had gone through some experiments by Rita or something, I will recheck that one day.

But in any case, we have no proof that normal unmorphed scales to unmorphed Drakkon. Drakkon is not a normal case.

Regarding Barry Vs fury, I would like to see some other fights of fury before judging this.

As for Jen Scott... Probably usable, but considering that - at least in comics - unmorphed rangers aren't billions of times stronger than normal humans, so I would have to disagree with unmorphed being 5-A and mftl+ for now.

Also is Jen a normal human? Can we see some of her other feats? Cause that could most likely be an inconsistency of some sort.

Also, you said the eclipse feat is wrong? If so, what would you replace it with?
fury has fought morphed rangers, also he is pretty much superior to the monsters that sledge sends to beat the power rangers

i mean was there ever stated that drakkon needs to morph to have it? the thing happens even if he is unmorphed

honestly, if we dont want to scale drakkon to any1 else its fine i rlly understand that, man is built diff

barry? u mean tyler? fury has multiple fights i can link u them if u want

i dont remember time force and now im rewatching dino charge but i have ALOT more feats for unmorphed rangers keeping up with high tier villains that scale to morphed rangers

yes the eclipse is wrong, just see the clip and tell me where its stated that vrak caused it, we can replace it with dino charge feats since all rangers scale to them

also zenowing and cruger could be exceptions, both in their unmorphed fight scenes fought against the final villain of their series and never had a single anti-feat

i mean was there ever stated that drakkon needs to morph to have it? the thing happens even if he is unmorphed
Right

barry? u mean tyler? fury has multiple fights i can link u them if u want
That would be great, thanks

dont remember time force and now im rewatching dino charge but i have ALOT more feats for unmorphed rangers keeping up with high tier villains that scale to morphed rangers
Hmmm. I guess maybe it's a specific continuity thing?

dino charge feats
My knowledge on the verse is quite limited, mostly to comics. But what feats do those guys have?

Right

That would be great, thanks

Hmmm. I guess maybe it's a specific continuity thing?

My knowledge on the verse is quite limited, mostly to comics. But what feats do those guys have?
alr, are the drakkon and grid changes good?

fury fights the keeper the keeper fought dino charge villains like badussa, sledge and snide

fury fights with the gold ranger literally "every day" (14:15)

fury fights with power rangers almost every episode

not rlly, in every season u have multiple times where the ranger unmophed keeps up with some high tier monster and monsters in general

i posted above but there is this guy called lord arcanon he did this feat then people like badussa have been stated multiple times to have been destroying and devastating entire galaxies by doing the same thing arcanon did (destroying planets) 13:30, badussa is scared of heckyl and fought sometimes, sledge said that destroying galaxies (the way badussa, arcanon and heckyl did so) is nothing impressive and we all have done it in our life

Is scaling drakkon, zenowing and cruger to 5-A in their unmorphed good? since in their unmorphed state they only have 5-A feats and no ant-feat plus no unmorphed ranger scale to them

Last edited:
Is scaling drakkon, zenowing and cruger to 5-A in their unmorphed good? since in their unmorphed state they only have 5-A feats and no ant-feat plus no unmorphed ranger scale to them
Those three, most definitely.

I will look at the rest after work. Remind me in 8 hours 🗿

Those three, most definitely.

I will look at the rest after work. Remind me in 8 hours 🗿
alright! So the god tiers, morphed and those 3 are fine? that leaves only the rest of the unmorphed rangers to be discussed
sure, chek when u can

Ye, haven't seen the videos you sent yet but does it include any feats from dino charge thing? Something to replace the current stuff ig?

Ye, haven't seen the videos you sent yet but does it include any feats from dino charge thing? Something to replace the current stuff ig?
For the new AP rating? ye i sent the dino charge feats that should replace the current eclipse scaling, also there are some other good planet feats that the rangers scale to but dino charge feats are better to use

No sure if the galaxy one is usable we usually get s lot of statements like that, but the calced one could be good. However, idk much about the scaling so will leave that to someone else.

I will ask Amelia about the unmorphed off site. I can see that they can fight, but damn, it feels a bit outlier-ish to me. But then again, I am mostly comics guy. But will ask someone else

No sure if the galaxy one is usable we usually get s lot of statements like that, but the calced one could be good. However, idk much about the scaling so will leave that to someone else.
i mean if we know that they were destroying galaxies by blowing up planets, its fine to support the planet tier
I will ask Amelia about the unmorphed off site. I can see that they can fight, but damn, it feels a bit outlier-ish to me. But then again, I am mostly comics guy. But will ask someone else
yeah it feels weird maybe a 5B possibly 5A could work? since its consistently shown they can somewhat fight with monsters who scale to their morphed forms but their weaker

i mean if we know that they were destroying galaxies by blowing up planets, its fine to support the planet tier
Yeah galaxy can be overtime feat.
yeah it feels weird maybe a 5B possibly 5A could work? since its consistently shown they can somewhat fight with monsters who scale to their morphed forms but their weaker
I am not sure, I will ask around

Yeah galaxy can be overtime feat.
ye its clearly overtime since they need to destroy each planet
I am not sure, I will ask around
alr, i shall wait, in the meantime how does those new justifications look
Mighty morphin rangers and Dino thunder rangers
at least 5-A (Defeated goldar maximus and dino charge villains alongside the dino charge rangers)
the other rangers
at least 5-A (Fought in the Legendary Battle alongside Jason, Tommy and Conner and appeared to be equal to them)
goldar maximus is an amped version of goldar who with no effort one shoted a dino charge villain who scales to the guy who casually did the planet busting feat in the calc

Why at least? At least would imply they are extremely close to the next tier, where the difference is million times higher if not more.

5-A seems fine tho.

Why at least? At least would imply they are extremely close to the next tier, where the difference is million times higher if not more.

we have dino charge profiles as "at least 5-A" rn but i agree with changing to 5-A

For the unmorphed rangers
Drakkon
5-A (Dominated the mighty morphin power rangers in their morphed forms)
Zenowing
5-A (Fought against Arcanon and Doomwing and wounded them)
Cruger
5-A (Fought and wounded emperor gruumm)

Unrelated to this thread, but do the comics happen in the same canon as the show? Is there a reason they're composited?

just wanted to be clear, the unmorphed rangers are weaker than monsters and their morphed states but due to their consistent feats of them holding their own against morphed rangers level characters its clear that they downscale but not by alot, so thats why i think keeping them around planet ranges is fair

So I spoke to someone and they said the unmorphed rangers can fight these villains but it's because their normal forms have also been enhanced as time goes on. So ig that sort of warrants a new key.

Although maybe we should split off the files. Not sure how canon each TV show is, but comics should likely be separated, no?

I actually have a lot to say about the unmorphed Rangers. Lets start with the fact that they should not at all scale to monsters like Goldar. Why? Well, consider the fact that monsters of the week have no trouble keeping up with the Morphed Rangers and guys like Goldar are portrayed as being FAR above said monsters. Goldar may not be the most consistent regarding his fights, but any instance of the civilians scaling to him is plot induced stupidity given he's seen as a huge threat to the morphed Rangers. Plus there’s the fact that in Beast Morphers, Evox was impressed with his displays (this is even before he revived Goldar as a stronger being). And because of how strong Goldar was, he chose to bring him back. For comparison. Evox considered bringing Koragg back to help them fight, but ultimately decided against it given he had turned to the side of the Rangers in the end. Zedd was also amongst the considerations.

There's an array of 9-B stuff for civilian Rangers I've found and they would be far more ideal than how we currently rank the unmorphed Rangers

Additionally, a lot of the PR pages have this problem where civilians scale to those they've never had any scaling to...that needs to be fixed. I'm a lot more knowledgeable of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, but this has been on my mind for awhile

If not goldar, that rangers unmorphed consistently just take a look at the countless other feats where the rangers literally fight monsters that scale to morphed rangers, its very consistent i dont see why it should be an outlier or PIS, its very consistent also read my comment above

i disagree with bringing up beast morphers, first of all why bring koragg and zedd? they wanted to revive them but they couldnt cuz koragg is good and zedd would backstab evox, their completely irrelevant, evox finds goldar a good choice cuz he is very loyal and doesnt show any mercy (heck he even killed his brother) and will never stop at anything to destroy the rangers

im very much against 9-B, it doesnt even make sense, rangers consistently fight monsters that casually do WAY above feats

Although maybe we should split off the files. Not sure how canon each TV show is, but comics should likely be separated, no?
tv shows and comics are in the same canon so i dont see the reason, all tv shows are canon to each other

If not goldar, that rangers unmorphed consistently just take a look at the countless other feats where the rangers literally fight monsters that scale to morphed rangers, its very consistent i dont see why it should be an outlier or PIS, its very consistent also read my comment above

i disagree with bringing up beast morphers, first of all why bring koragg and zedd? they wanted to revive them but they couldnt cuz koragg is good and zedd would backstab evox, their completely irrelevant, evox finds goldar a good choice cuz he is very loyal and doesnt show any mercy (heck he even killed his brother) and will never stop at anything to destroy the rangers
Downscaling from the Ranger forms makes little to no sense. The teams always speak of how their Ranger forms are far stronger and there's countless episodes where monsters ragdoll them (without going all out even) as civilians due to not having said Ranger powers

I bring up Koragg and Zedd due to how powerful they are in PR. Koragg consistently stomps the Mystic Force Rangers and Zedd was pretty much at the top of the food chain in MMPR, literally causing Zordon to create the White Ranger's power. Was Goldar's loyalty a selling point? Totally. But why would Evox bring back somebody who is only civilian level? Doesn't make much sense when we've seen Goldar curbstomp the Morphed Rangers before, does it? Evox didn't just want somebody who was loyal. He wanted somebody who was powerful as well.

Regarding the other feats civilians have performed that are above 9-B, you'll have to show me some evidence since 9-B seems more common here:
-Ethan could strike Krybots hard enough to make them short circuit, as well as tear apart their metal limbs and layers in the process
-Tommy kicked a mechanical grunt hard enough to damage some machinery
-Eric endured crashing through a wall
-The Unmorpher Dino Thunder Rangers and Unmorphed Ninja Storm Rangers fought evenly (relevant to scaling)

Downscaling from the Ranger forms makes little to no sense. The teams always speak of how their Ranger forms are far stronger and there's countless episodes where monsters ragdoll them (without going all out even) as civilians due to not having said Ranger powers
rangers can still keep up with them
I bring up Koragg and Zedd due to how powerful they are in PR. Koragg consistently stomps the Mystic Force Rangers and Zedd was pretty much at the top of the food chain in MMPR, literally causing Zordon to create the White Ranger's power. Was Goldar's loyalty a selling point? Totally. But why would Evox bring back somebody who is only civilian level? Doesn't make much sense when we've seen Goldar curbstomp the Morphed Rangers before, does it? Evox didn't just want somebody who was loyal. He wanted somebody who was powerful as well.
again, koragg and zedd are completely irrelevant and i didnt mention them, i agree goldar is superior to the unmorphed rangers, i just said that the unmorphed rangers can somehwat keep up with them before getting overpowered, evox would want someone loyal, no? whats the point of having a strong person with him just to backstab him later
Regarding the other feats civilians have performed that are above 9-B, you'll have to show me some evidence since 9-B seems more common here:
-Ethan could strike Krybots hard enough to make them short circuit, as well as tear apart their metal limbs and layers in the process
-Tommy kicked a mechanicl grunt hard enough to damage some machinery
-Eric endured crashing through a wall
-The Unmorpher Dino Thunder Rangers and Unmorphed Ninja Storm Rangers fought evenly (relevant to scaling)
i hope u have more than those
Tyler fights fury
Ivan fights fury
riley fights fury
Zayto fights some monster
Lily and casey fight with monster
tommy fights goldar
jason fights goldar
and the list rlly goes on

I can't speak for Dino Charge, but why does that matter? They're in a different universe and don't scale to most of those in the OG universe

Tommy fighting Goldar is PIS
Jason fighting Goldar is PIS (it was even said that Goldar was just toying with him. Jason even had to rely on hiding from the guy)

You need to specifically link the moments in the Jungle Fury episode, you only linked the episode in full. Zayto was using a weapon that was greater than the one he often wields on a daily basis. Not really relevant here
rangers can still keep up with them
Barely
again, koragg and zedd are completely irrelevant and i didnt mention them, i agree goldar is superior to the unmorphed rangers, i just said that the unmorphed rangers can somehwat keep up with them before getting overpowered, evox would want someone loyal, no? whats the point of having a strong person with him just to backstab him later
Whats the point of having a strong person? Might have to do with the fact that there were several Rangers he had to deal with. Of course he's not going to pick cannon fodder. He needs somebody loyal, yet strong

I can't speak for Dino Charge, but why does that matter? They're in a different universe and don't scale to most of those in the OG universe

Tommy fighting Goldar is PIS
Jason fighting Goldar is PIS (it was even said that Goldar was just toying with him. Jason even had to rely on hiding from the guy)

You need to specifically link the moments in the Jungle Fury episode, you only linked the episode in full. Zayto was using a weapon that was greater than the one he often wields on a daily basis. Not really relevant here
they scale to the mmpr and dino thunder rangers

y would it be PIS, like even if goldar was toying if they were just 9-B they wouldnt be even able to harm a 5-A let alone take hits

yeah ur right sorry for that its in 13:00

zayto was using the key that gave him enhanced senses cuz if he didnt use that then he would get frozen by the monster's effects
if they were just 9-B they wouldnt even be able to "barerly" keep up they would have been one shotted
Whats the point of having a strong person? Might have to do with the fact that there were several Rangers he had to deal with. Of course he's not going to pick cannon fodder. He needs somebody loyal, yet strong
yeah i agree with u, he needed a strong person and a loyal one

they scale to the mmpr and dino thunder rangers
They scale to Ranger forms, not civilian forms
y would it be PIS, like even if goldar was toying if they were just 9-B they wouldnt be even able to harm a 5-A let alone take hits
A) Tommy suddenly kicking Goldar's ass when Goldar can consistently fight evenly with the Green Ranger makes for a lot of inconsistency, does it not?
B) Goldar wasn't even harmed and he even says "I've toyed with you long enough!". After that, Jason has to stealth his way through the smoke to not get killed. Pretty clearly pointing to Jason standing no chance there

As for the Jungle Fury example, Lily and Casey did keep up in speed, but he literally redirected their attacks and sent them away. I would not consider that to be a good example of AP scaling
if they were just 9-B they wouldnt even be able to "barerly" keep up they would have been one shotted
Again, they're often being toyed with, so its not like the monsters are really putting their all into attacking the civilain characters a lot of the time. At best, this is a case of them having 9-B AP and Tier 5 durability (essentially being stone walls)

zayto was using the key that gave him enhanced senses cuz if he didnt use that then he would get frozen by the monster's effects
This is true, but Zayto was using the PR version of the Ryusoul Calibur, so its not like he was just blocking the attacks with his unarmed physical attacks

Back