• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post a Character, Receive a Character Sheet for a Zombie Apocalypse TTRPG

Yu being unilaterally broken in physical combat is indeed the point, so don't worry, you did well.

Our forth contender is completed. This is the first time I regret not having an inventory page on this sheet, as Iaian's inventory would be fairly unique, one feels. I did the best with his skills that I thought I could do, given my very limited knowledge on what the guy is all about.

@Recon1511 'ere.

Our forth contender is completed. This is the first time I regret not having an inventory page on this sheet, as Iaian's inventory would be fairly unique, one feels. I did the best with his skills that I thought I could do, given my very limited knowledge on what the guy is all about.

@Recon1511 'ere.
Pretty good actually but I think he should lose that point in Swimming and get 1 added to Running (Dash)

Thank you for the effort anyway!

Pretty good actually but I think he should lose that point in Swimming and get 1 added to Running (Dash)

Thank you for the effort anyway!
Easily adjustable, 'preciate the feedback. For a guy so far divorced from my own area of expertise, I'll take such a small criticism with pride. Cheers.

Is there any limitation on how much characters we can submit?
One per person... for now. I've been doing these faster than the old D&D things, so I suppose it's feasible I'll (gasp!) actually get through the list for once, at which point I wouldn't mind double dipping, as it were.

I dunno if she actually fits the idea of "primarily relies on non-supernatural stuff". Gonna pass on that one.

Average damage from a 9mm handgun is 12, average damage from a .50 caliber sniper rifle is 30. He'd survive both, if he were even hit. The real problem hits when you're taking many shots from an AR, each round of which is doing ~16-20 points of damage.

Is there a bleeding mechanic or is the damage a one and done?
There is a continuous damage mechanic. It is typically reserved for acids and poisons but I see no reason why one couldn't apply it for extreme cases of bleeding, though I should note that standard weapons do not inflict lethal bleeding.

Well we’re discussing a thread involving the zombie apocalypse correct.

well I just wanted to point out that one of the ways to survive is to use melee weapons more and things like guns less.

Zombies are attracted by noise, if you shoot them other zombies are going to hear it and you might end up getting swarmed by them.

so use melee weapons to take them down without worrying about that, since they produce less sound

Yeah but you replied to a message with nothin' to do with that

Like yeah, guns famously come with a certain amount of risk, it's one of the most well known facets of a zombie apocalypse. Entire books have been written on the subject.

However, guns are also a more energy-effective means of dealing with a zombie, so depending on the actual capabilities of the dead, a firearm is a good solution to save strenuous effort. What might be a life-or-death fight can be rendered null with good aim and a few bullets out of a box of hundreds.

So it's just about weighing up your odds, really. Too many people completely discount the usage of a firearm in the apocalypse. Plus, who's gonna bust you for an illegal silencer...?

Yeah but you replied to a message with nothin' to do with that

Like yeah, guns famously come with a certain amount of risk, it's one of the most well known facets of a zombie apocalypse. Entire books have been written on the subject.

However, guns are also a more energy-effective means of dealing with a zombie, so depending on the actual capabilities of the dead, a firearm is a good solution to save strenuous effort. What might be a life-or-death fight can be rendered null with good aim and a few bullets out of a box of hundreds.

So it's just about weighing up your odds, really. Too many people completely discount the usage of a firearm in the apocalypse. Plus, who's gonna bust you for an illegal silencer...?
I used the ,

because if your going to reply to someone but their reply is way different than yours, you might want to remove it and replace it with something like a comma.

(like their discussing something totally different than yours)

If I was in a zombie apocalypse I think I would simply just survive.

Armor don’t forget ear plugs, hearing those zombie moans act as a psychological warfare.

I got some help from him

2-F75-E30-A-497-A-4-DAE-9813-2-A786757-EB4-E.jpg

I'd probably just die. I don't think I'd really want to live in the world that comes after.

I'd probably just die. I don't think I'd really want to live in the world that comes after.
Well yeah considering society has collapsed

and I can’t stand the idea of all of our achievements and history being lost.

sounds weird but all those fiction humans created will be lost due to society collapsing from zombie apocalypse. (No more movies, no more video games, and no more anime) cause everything has been destroyed

Y'know what, I agree, life isn't really worth living without Thief II: The Metal Age (2000)

But the internet will not exist because of collapse so no forum we can discuss on
You make an extremely compelling argument in favor of the apocalypse.

Anywho. I finished Dr. Clef's sheet before going to bed... he's probably the only one I'll be awarding "Inspired" to, today. In this context, Inspired refers to possessing literal magic powers. I dislike it in AFMBE, so I won't be using it for the game I'll be running, but uh... hard to avoid it, with SCP. Also managed to represent his Atomic Revolver, which was nice. Of all the characters so far, Clef strikes me as the one with the most diverse skill set, and unfortunately I could do little to better represent it.

You make an extremely compelling argument in favor of the apocalypse.

Anywho. I finished Dr. Clef's sheet before going to bed... he's probably the only one I'll be awarding "Inspired" to, today. In this context, Inspired refers to possessing literal magic powers. I dislike it in AFMBE, so I won't be using it for the game I'll be running, but uh... hard to avoid it, with SCP. Also managed to represent his Atomic Revolver, which was nice. Of all the characters so far, Clef strikes me as the one with the most diverse skill set, and unfortunately I could do little to better represent it.
Thanks bambu

Average damage from a 9mm handgun is 12, average damage from a .50 caliber sniper rifle is 30. He'd survive both, if he were even hit. The real problem hits when you're taking many shots from an AR, each round of which is doing ~16-20 points of damage.
Damage from gun is doubled, so it is 24 and 60 respectively

Well if its some normal zombie apocalypse, you would only have to wait around a month or so to get it over with, considering zombies wpuld rot. Could go faster depending on the climate.

This presumes zombies have nothing keeping them together, as it were. I think that, too, depends entirely upon the nature of the zombies. Depending on feeding, they may well have in-built mechanisms for preventing decay.

All in all, just kill me off.

This presumes zombies have nothing keeping them together, as it were. I think that, too, depends entirely upon the nature of the zombies. Depending on feeding, they may well have in-built mechanisms for preventing decay.

I’m worried about zombies in cold climates than warm ones, cause they’re going to keep reappearing in the cold ones due to frozen ones you missed that get thawed out.

also wanted to say fire is one of the best weapons to kill a zombie.

max brooks also told me to use a crowbar, it’s one of the best melee weapons against. A zombie.

Yeah but "realistic" zombies wouldn't be an actual issue being honest. Just one well equipped military squad would be able to decimate thousands of them.

Back